Hey, New England. That's what you get for giving us Cassel and Pioli.
- 58shineson, oldtimer, Semo and 5 others like this
Jump to content
Posted by Wolfscall on 30 September 2014 - 03:31 AM
Hey, New England. That's what you get for giving us Cassel and Pioli.
Posted by Grassmonkey on 27 March 2015 - 01:03 PM
Sort of new to the coalition...I am the member formerly known as Chieffrozenhoof. I have been out of the net so to speak for a few years and have now returned to the coalition as grassmonkey, the name of my lawncare company. Lots of oldtimers on here that I remember. You guys are great and I'm glad to be back on the coalition board. My computer crashed a couple of years ago and I lost the passwords and stuff with it. I'm one of those guys that learn the hard way haha. GO Chiefs!!
Posted by Joe_Chief on 12 March 2015 - 06:01 PM
Posted by omahacolt on 08 April 2017 - 08:49 PM
driving around today and we see a dude on the side of the road holding a sign asking for money. my daughter (she is 6) asks what he is doing. i said asking for money.
she says "well he needs to get a job"
Posted by MAUI on 09 March 2017 - 05:24 PM
what am i missing here?
Posted by wilkie on 19 February 2017 - 02:36 AM
She is going to the KU game next Saturday. She has rallied more than I could have imagined. Although it seems like after an emergency like last week there would be a general decline, she is determined to have the best quality of life she can. I don't know if had gone through all the trials and turmoil she has undergone, if I would have the same optimistic outlook on life.
Again thanks for the well wishes. I didn't expect to post about this at all but once in awhile real life invades my antiquated political leanings.
Posted by Chiefsfan1963 on 26 September 2014 - 09:40 PM
Posted by AlwaysChiefs on 28 November 2016 - 04:13 PM
I never read the game thread until the game is over, because I refuse to allow the whiners and gripers here to ruin the game for me. This thread really is the worst example that I have read on this board in all the years I have been here (and that's a lot!). I guess I'm going to have to add another couple of guys to my ignore list. You guys are so consumed by your storyline (Alex is terrible, Andy Reid is a terrible play caller, Gaines can't cover, blah, blah, blah) that you just spew the negativity, and ignore all the positives of being a Chiefs fan. Our team had multiple key players injured going into this game, on the road, against a healthy world champion team. So what did our team do? Kept it close all game. Trailing by 8 points with seconds left in the game, we score a touchdown. Then have to convert the 2 points to tie. The Donks kick a field goal in OT, and we have to score on our next possession or we lose. We kick the game-saving FG. The defense holds the Donks to the point that they have to try a 60 plus yard FG to win. They miss it and we drive the ball all the way down to a chip shot FG to win the game. Doink! It's a great game - a game for the ages! And you guys spent three + hours whining and griping about all things Chiefs. Just shut up until you have something positive to say. You know who you are!
Posted by DieHard on 15 January 2016 - 04:51 PM
I know I don't post in here much because I don't like politics or politicians, but I didn't know where else to put this. I just got my first book published. It is a thriller/suspense novel sort of like a Dean Koontz/Ray Bradbury. The hero is a vet like some of us.
Half of what it makes (if anything) will go to help wounded vets, but I can't say the name of the foundation I am donating it to. Sorry for the off topic post.
Equilibrium by Reno Hunt
It is on Amazon and Barnes & Noble if you are interested.
Posted by Semo on 25 September 2015 - 08:12 PM
Posted by Bosskiller on 31 May 2014 - 01:38 AM
Go to this site to sign up to be a walker on our team. Donate if you can, if you can't sign up and just support the team! I'd appreciate if every Coalition member could sign up and help support this cause that means a lot to me. Thanks so much!
Posted by Chiefsfan1963 on 17 June 2015 - 03:41 PM
Posted by gochiefsgo on 24 May 2015 - 04:21 PM
Posted by KCstud43 on 20 May 2015 - 08:16 PM
My name is Ari. Brand new to the forum, lifelong Chiefs fan. I'm an Air Force vet finishing up my Bachelors and looking into graduate schools. Looking forward to meeting all of you and chatting with fellow Chiefs fans!!
Posted by West on 04 May 2015 - 02:47 PM
Is it just me or has the summer of 2015 looked to be soooo much fun.
Our baseball teams are both kicking serious ass.
Posted by MAUI on 19 March 2017 - 05:17 AM
things i like
1) cutting spending. regardless of how people want to paint me here, i have no problem trimming the fat from government agencies. i have always believe that there is way too much waste in the government. i have to tighten my belt when costs go up within my family. it is no different with the government.
2) i like that he is pushing back with nato. absolutely other countries should be paying up.
3) being tough on immigration. deporting criminals and such. absolutely have at it. seems like common sense to me.
things i dislike
1) he is a shitty person. you can find all kinds of examples of him being a pompous dick.
2) he put questionable people (racists) into his cabinet. sessions was deemed too racist in the 80's. Bannon has no issue cozying up to white supremacists. and trump himself has said some racist shit. like the judge was biased because he was mexican.
3) criticizes obama for taking vacations as president. he is on pace to cost the taxpayers half a billion dollars over 4 years with his weekly getaways to florida. which also costs the citizens of that county money that could go to other things like schools, roads, etc. all the while he is now making a fortune with upping the membership to his club. 3 million dollars a trip to florida and he does it almost every weekend. his wife costs us 300,000 dollars i day because she doesn't want to be near him at the white house. i don't really blame her.
4) how nobody cares about number 3 is beyond me. and if that were obama, you know how much of a fit everyone would be throwing. this is pure government waste that needs to be adressed.
5) his travel ban for muslim countries is discrimination. plain and simple. not saying i am against vetting who we let into this country at all. again, that is common sense. i find it funny that he doesn't list the countries where the terrorist have actually came from though. oh yeah. that is because he has business interests there. which leads me to 6
6) no blind trust. he is still in charge of his companies. which begs the question. is he coming up with policy based on his best financial interests? who knows? probably. it is not like this dude is a beacon of integrity. and i do believe there is something in the constitution making it illegal to do so. i could be wrong on that though but regardless, this is a big deal. and should be stopped.
7) cutting the EPA. the EPA is a government agency and i am sure they are wasteful. but we absolutely cannot let corporations pollute our water and air to the point that rivers catch on fire like they did before the EPA. Mr. CEO of a company doesn't give a shit about the people effected. he never will. this is one i am very nervous about.
8) climate change science is being defunded or just outright phased out of the conversation. i don't care if you think it is man made or not it doesn't matter. it is happening. and could be a huge threat. exploring what is going on is not only smart but the responsible thing to do.
9) jacking up the military. the military doesn't need any more money. they need to scale back their operations. therefore saving money and then investing into the veterans that are in need of care. i do inspections at a few VA hospitals and i hear some pretty bad stories. we aren't taking care of the men and women well enough. we can't police the world and we can't have our soldiers doing multiple tours and turn our backs when they are fucked up because of it.
10) cutting meals on wheels is absurd. don't take 2 weekend getaways and we have the money. you orange faced chimp
11) trumpcare is not what he promised. obamacare is not working. but what trump is putting out there is pretty much equally terrible. the hospitals and drug companies are going to continue charging outrageous prices. no other country puts up with it. they have caps on what drug companies can charge. or negotiated prices. whatever you want to call it. a pill to prevent seizures costs $400 a month? who the hell can afford that? that is with insurance.
trump talked during the campaign about fixing healthcare and making it affordable and having it universal. i was interested. that is not what he is putting out there. not even close
12) i don't like cutting some of the low income/housing/after school programs that are on the chopping block. i will not apologize for wanting to take care of the elderly. nor will i apologize for wanting to give a little extra to kids in need.
13) trump is fat. i don't like looking at him
as more policies come out i will look at them and give them a thumbs up or down. if he has a good idea or good policy i have no problem admitting it. i am curious about his education system. i am skeptical but i am open to hearing how that will work.
i ranted a bit so hopefully this is kind of what you were wanting to know. if not just ask.
Thanks OC.., Excellent post.., Though I don't agree with a lot of it I appreciate you sticking your neck out and stating your points.., The hardest thing for me with Trump is to separate the big shit from the small shit just because he goes all over the place.., And I can't trust big media to sort it out because they have such a glaring agenda, and seem to be on a Crusade to annihilate the infidel Trump and cleanse the earth of his presence.., Its hard to keep focused on what's really important with all the gnats buzzing..,
I'm not gonna go through and line item all your points, but What I consider important is a thriving economy because that in itself gives us the ability to fix a lot of problems just by itself.., Money is the absolute miracle cure.., Right now the market is robust, job reports are encouraging and people actually seem to be excited about the prospect of full time employment.., Anybody with a 401k has to be loving it.., More jobs, more tax dollars, more money to fund important programs.., The time to initiate a travel ban is past due.., It's too late in my opinion.., Better to just start more vigorous vetting and let the courts piss on their own foot.., And I could give two shits about whether the Russians hacked the DNC or Obama bugged Trump Tower.., That's just all smoke the way I see it.., There's a lot more important shit that needs to be dealt with.., Like affordable healthcare, SCOTUS appointments, Mass murders in major metropolitan areas, Drug overdoses, Veteran suicides (22 a day), passing a realistic budget and and just the overall well being of the collective American psyche for starts.., As long as we're arguing about wire tapping, election rigging, faux racism, misogyny, gay bashing, who's life matters, border walls and all the other slight of hand small shit, Americans are nothing more than spores on a mushroom farm.., Fed shit and in the dark.., Its up to each one of us to figure out what counts and what don't, and to let the assholes feeding us their regurgitated swill know that we're either buying or not buying the shit they're selling..,
I'm tired of carrying the lantern looking for the honest man.., Fuck em all.., The people I can trust anymore I can pretty much count on two hands with fingers to spare..,
That's how me and the Captain see it anyway..,
Posted by MAUI on 31 January 2017 - 03:53 AM
You should change your name to NTrumpsAss..,
Posted by DieHard on 31 October 2015 - 10:24 PM
Posted by dhitter on 10 September 2015 - 02:01 PM
Alex Smith took a beating behind a swiss cheese line last year. To single him out for criticism because he didn't earn his paycheck is silly IMO. Did Fisher or McGlynn earn their paychecks? Did Bowe or Avery?
Alex Smith still had a QB rating almost identical to Phillip RIvers...same amount of yards as Russell Wilson and just one less TD than Matthew Stafford did. Do I think he can do more? Of course....but some folks talk as if he is the equivalent of Tyler Palko. Under Smith we have 20 wins in 2 seasons.
Posted by kccrow on 29 March 2015 - 02:18 AM
Damn good team... 27-0 state title win, first one in 31 years... mostly sophomores and juniors on the team. Incredible run. won the semifinal by 24 points and the final by 20.