Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Small Biz Owners?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 58shineson

58shineson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationParker, CO

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

What is your small business?  Is it brick and mortar or online?  I have an online business that is on the verge of breaking out.  Any tips on spreading the word to bring more buyers?

• PatrickDozy, JeremyJar, maryannbr2 and 1 other like this

#2 Grassmonkey

Grassmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

Grassmonkey Lawn care. I have very little experience with online stuff though.

#3 kccrow

kccrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:23 AM

I don't own my own business but I have been an Operations Manager for one for a few years now. With respect to getting the word out for an online presence, I think the best you can do is what you should already know to do. Google Ads, Social Media ads, SEO all that. Eventually word of mouth starts spreading too.

Some good things to try:

refer a friend coupon. This gets another person looking at your site, whether they buy or not and the referring person gets a deal.

non-competitor cross advertising. You agree with another site, maybe in a similar genre, but not a direct competitor to advertise on each other's sites. It gives both of you more traffic.

incorporate wish lists. see Newegg for a great example.

sales always work to draw more traffic...

free stuff always gets people looking... if you can do free samples to first x number of site visitors, or something...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users