Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Well its Veterans day

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

04:40 in the morning ,30 degrees with a 15-20mph wind out of the north & drizzly mist. My shoulder replacement is coming in a few weeks and this is the last day I have to Bow hunt. Rifle season is this weekend so it's POOTs turn then.

got a Doe already but there has been a Monster 10 pointer seen. I saw him at 200 yrds and all I saw was massive beams.That set the hook.

I'm headn out.

#2 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

Froze my F'n ass off.!!!!  Morning did not start off good. Got to my stand,. put my safety harness on crawled up the icy ladder, reeled in my Bow and got set. Oh wait ! Where's my F'n release??? Oh shit! Crawled back down to look inside my backpack nadda, walk back to the truck..nada. Muthafuk! Welp go back to the stand to grab my stuff and prepare to go home figuern it's there. Look down. I just looked over it. worked up one hell of a sweat in the process . Crawled back up  and swayed in the wind.

On the good side tho I did see a real nice 8 or 9 pointer courtn some Does but just could not get them to head my way.

I have been lucky  I'd say,  except one night I have seen deer every sit.. Except for the first  night I have not had them in range or just too derned small..

I got another sit in me latter this afternoon, hopefully the wind dies down a bit.

it's 10:00 hrs and I'm having a MM on the Rocks... for medicinal purposes ya understand.

#3 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

Fuck em up brother..,

#4 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:49 AM

Went out for the last time this evening. Hardly even saw a squirrel. With the Cold Snap I was sure the deer would be moving especially with the wind dieing down a bit.

oh well a deer a year with a Bow is hardly something to cry about. Its in POOTs hands now. Going to be a cold one this year but I am sure she's good for at least 1 deer.

#5 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

Yep.., She's more than capable..,

#6 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member