Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Recruiting Process has begun

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pop Quizz

Pop Quizz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationGreenwood, MO

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:15 PM

as some of you may know, I have twin granddaughters who are sophomores in high school. like a lot of kids in their age group, they have been playing soccer since they could walk. they are both pretty good if I do say so myself. They both lettered on the varsity team last year as freshmen.

They have always played on the same team until this year. One of them is just a tic better than the other one and for the past 3 years she had been invited to play on an ECNL team (Elite Club National League). Basically a traveling team. Up until this year she had always turned it down, but this year she decided to try it.

This means a lot of travel. So far this season she has been to Chicago, Phoenix, Milwaukee, and Orlando. She goes to Dallas at the end of Feb. The advantage to going to these tournaments is that a lot of the college coaches show up to check out the players. My Son-in-Law said there were about 50-60 coaches at the Orlando event last month.

Both of the girls have heard thru their respective coaches that some D1 coaches have asked about them. The way it works is that the College coach contacts the Club coach and expresses interest. He then gives the Club coach his contact information. The Club coach then passes that on to the player and parents. The College coach cannot initiate contact. The player and the parents must do that.

Anyway, my Granddaughter and her Dad had their first such call last night from a D1 coach. She was on Cloud 9.

It's going to be a long process.

Now you ask, how does any of this pertain to the Chiefs? It doesn't, but one of her teammates is Willie Lanier's granddaughter.

• JeremyJar, MichaelTurb, aimeeml4 and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users