Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

I guess I'm part of the Black Powder world now...for now

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:51 PM

Well my father n law gave me this thinking ...well who knows what he was thinking but he did not know whether it was salvageable or not. It had been shot last years ago and never cleaned which is typical and he also known for throwing nice things in the bed of his pickup and letting them roll around.This undoubtably suffered his neglect.

Well while rehabbing my shoulder I took up trying to rehab this and I think it came out pretty decent

It was made in Weston Mo. by Austin & Halleck. They are no longer in business but from what I have found back in the 90's they were the Cats Meow.

Yes I know it is an inline but I was told if I were to sell it to put a $700 price tag on it but for now I'm keeping it.

[attachment=19:black powder 1.jpg]

[attachment=18:black powder 2.jpg]

#2 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

50 cal. ? Looks like a stainless steel barrel.., Beautiful wood..,

The primer powder is the most corrosive, so if the breech plug and the barrel base is clean it should work like a champ..,

Love the smoke poles.., Good job OT..,

#3 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:38 PM

Yep 50 cal. & a SS barrel. It took me about a week to soak the breech plug in PB Blaster enough and a breaker bar ( a small one) to get it out. The inside of the barrel was..well I just about gave up then. 2 20gauge bore brushes later and a 1/2 bottle of Montana Extreme its just about as good as can be. It was good PT for my shoulder

#4 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

Yep.., Somethin to do.., :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users