Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Cardinals and Royals...

MLB is fun

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:47 PM

Is it just me or has the summer of 2015 looked to be soooo much fun.

Our baseball teams are both kicking serious ass.

w

• Dwaynemt, JeremyJar, aimeeml4 and 3 others like this

#2 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:07 PM

Why would we care about the Cardinals?   :lol:

#3 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Cards'll be in KC the 22, 23, 24.., Get yer tickets now..,

#4 Chiefs Convert

Chiefs Convert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:58 PM

I'll be at the Saturday game.

I'll also be checking out Wrigley Field at the end of the month when the Royals visit. Gonna watch in a Wrigleyville bar on friday afternoon. Doing the bleachers on Saturday and behind home plate on Sunday. 

#5 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:35 PM

That should be a hoot.., Love to see the Royals beat up on the Cubbies..,

#6 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

The Royals play a make up game at Saint Louis Thursday. The Royals lead the AL, while the Cardinals lead the NL. The Cardinals are 2 1/2 games better than Royals, but the Royals have the best away record in all of baseball. Hope KC can steal one at Busch. 

#7 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:36 PM

If they get out of town with a win they will have split the series with them. I believe they took 2 out 3 in KC and went 0 and 2 in St. Louis.

This could be a preview of the I-70 World Series II. Actually after watching this past series with Pittsburgh that could have been the preview of the 2015 World Series.

#8 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:55 PM

4-2 cards in the season series....

I hope they meet in the fall classic...

w

#9 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

Yea, that sucked.

#10 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

Was a helluva game tho..,

#11 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

That it was, and like true Royals fashion they almost came back and won it.

#12 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:43 AM

Man.., They are fun to watch..,

#13 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

That it was, and like true Royals fashion they almost came back and won it.

They won games like that in the 80's. 

#14 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:25 PM

They won games like that in the 80's.

Oh I remember, hell I remember them winning like that in the late 70's.

#15 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

The Comeback Game in Houston was epic...

w

#16 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 04:29 AM

The comeback in game 2 of the ALCS wasn't all that unimpressive.  Of course, I'm biased, but one has to love this team and how they keep fighting when things look hopeless.  Contrast that with the Dodgers who looked beaten when down by one and three innings remaining to catch up.  Kauffman was rocking and will be again when the team returns next week.

#17 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:53 AM

These are a bunch of hungry kids and that is what you need to win championships.

#18 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

Get Ready to Restart the Engines.

2016 should be a blast as well.

w

#19 TD4Valerio

TD4Valerio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

I'm ready!

I had nothing against the Cardinals until I lived in St. Louis for 6 years. I rooted for them as my NL team while I was at Mizzou and genuinely felt excited for my friends when the Cards won the World Series in 2006. While in St. Louis, I was inundated with people who were Cardinals fans because it was the cool thing to do. I have no trouble with bandwagon fans, as long as they stay positive. The number of conversations I had with "fans" who ridiculed me for my loyalty to a team that has always sucked and only won a World Series because it was given to them by a bad call (never mind the Game 7 blowout, or Orta being out at 3rd, Jack Clark missing an routine fly ball, or the passed ball). 

I hated it when an opposing player would get a milestone or be making their farewell tour and I would get regaled with stories about how the Cardinals have the best fans in baseball and NO OTHER team's fans would ever applaud or respect an opponent like they do. Granted, my KC hat served as a lightning rod for all idiots to come up to me and explain how I'm an idiot for living in St. Louis and not being a Cardinals fan.

It got to the point where I'd start turning down free Cardinals tickets. Now, when going to a game where the Royals weren't playing, I obviously didn't wear my Royals hat and I'd cheer for the Cardinals. Nonetheless, hearing fans talk about how they were the best fans in baseball at every game was sickening. Honestly, I've been to old Yankee Stadium and felt that the fans there had more traditions and respect for the game than I ever saw at Busch Stadium. 

Every team has their idiot fans, don't get me wrong. I know that my boys in blue have their fair share, so I'm not saying that the Royals are perfect. I got tired of hearing people complain about how terrible Matt Holliday is, or how Pete Kozma should be on the bench (there wasn't a better option, a lot of people just didn't want him on the field), how Matheny was such an idiot, and how Albert Pujols was a sellout and owed it to St. Louis to take a discount. 

I waited through many years of terrible baseball being a Royals fan. I'll enjoy every minute of our success and I'd rather have suffered to enjoy it now than be spoiled with years of winning baseball a feeling of entitlement to a trophy every few years.

• Wolfscall and jetlord like this

#20 Wolfscall

Wolfscall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

I'm ready!

I had nothing against the Cardinals until I lived in St. Louis for 6 years. I rooted for them as my NL team while I was at Mizzou and genuinely felt excited for my friends when the Cards won the World Series in 2006. While in St. Louis, I was inundated with people who were Cardinals fans because it was the cool thing to do. I have no trouble with bandwagon fans, as long as they stay positive. The number of conversations I had with "fans" who ridiculed me for my loyalty to a team that has always sucked and only won a World Series because it was given to them by a bad call (never mind the Game 7 blowout, or Orta being out at 3rd, Jack Clark missing an routine fly ball, or the passed ball). 

I hated it when an opposing player would get a milestone or be making their farewell tour and I would get regaled with stories about how the Cardinals have the best fans in baseball and NO OTHER team's fans would ever applaud or respect an opponent like they do. Granted, my KC hat served as a lightning rod for all idiots to come up to me and explain how I'm an idiot for living in St. Louis and not being a Cardinals fan.

It got to the point where I'd start turning down free Cardinals tickets. Now, when going to a game where the Royals weren't playing, I obviously didn't wear my Royals hat and I'd cheer for the Cardinals. Nonetheless, hearing fans talk about how they were the best fans in baseball at every game was sickening. Honestly, I've been to old Yankee Stadium and felt that the fans there had more traditions and respect for the game than I ever saw at Busch Stadium. 

Every team has their idiot fans, don't get me wrong. I know that my boys in blue have their fair share, so I'm not saying that the Royals are perfect. I got tired of hearing people complain about how terrible Matt Holliday is, or how Pete Kozma should be on the bench (there wasn't a better option, a lot of people just didn't want him on the field), how Matheny was such an idiot, and how Albert Pujols was a sellout and owed it to St. Louis to take a discount. 

I waited through many years of terrible baseball being a Royals fan. I'll enjoy every minute of our success and I'd rather have suffered to enjoy it now than be spoiled with years of winning baseball a feeling of entitlement to a trophy every few years.

I completely agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users