Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Bass Pro Shops Might Purchase Cabela's

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 arrowhead

arrowhead

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

http://krvn.com/regi...to-buy-cabelas/

Outdoor retailer Bass Pro Shops is considering an option to purchase Sidney-based Cabela’s, according to an exclusive report from Reuters.

The report, published late Thursday morning, cited unnamed sources and said that Bass Pro  Shops declined comment, while Cabela’s could not be reached for comment.

The news, which could potentially be catastrophic for Sidney, comes on the heals of activist investor Elliott Management’s disclosure of his ownership of 11 percent stake in the company. In the disclosure, Elliott called for it to explore options, including selling the company.

Bass Pro Shops is headquartered in Springfield, Missouri. It is unclear what impact a potential sale would have on the current large corporate presence in Sidney.

The unnamed sources said that Bass Pro is working with an investment bank on making a potential offer, and Cabela’s has been exploring its options to solicit interest from private equity firms.

The news agency reported that shares of Cabela’s jumped as much as 13 percent on the news.

#2 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:48 PM

that would suck

#3 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,329 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:25 AM

Yep

#4 ATLchief

ATLchief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

We're about to get our first Cabela's here in the Richmond area.  Currently under construction, set to open in March of '16. 

I agree that a takeover would suck.  I would rather have them keep each other honest.  We already have a Bass Pro Shop about the size of a minor league ball park just a few miles from my house.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users