Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

33 years in the making

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

sorry no happy ending to this story but  it was cool anyway. As some of you know and many will just find out, last year I had  found that....well to be politically incorrect....  a military conquest beget a son. Well with social media being what it is he found me after 32 years. He's a good boy just like I would hoped a Son of mine would turn out but no thanks to me I suppose only genetics.(Not to mention he has  3 daughters) Well he's a Turkey Hunter..rabidly so... has a suit case of calls of one type, form or another. With the future acquisition  of our new place in hand and room to hunt Turkeys  he came up from Tennessee to try his luck on Missouri birds.  Turkeys being what they are FRUSTRATING we came up empty handed. We did fish one of the ponds caught some good...no make that MONSTER Blue Gills and to make his old pappy proud he brought up some Tennessee Shine...eeew sooo smooth. Never mentioned a word about it he just figured..hows that for genetics? He did leave with one extra thing tho. After my G-Pa died  my uncles gave me my G-Pa's first 22 that he had bought  in the early/mid 1930's being I was the oldest Grandson so figuring he's the oldest G- G Son..he deserved a family heirloom.

This damned website wont allow pictures of decent size or quality  but the poor bastard has too many of my physical  & mental attributes..he's in for a long struggle LOL

just thought I'd share.

• arrowhead and Mugsy like this

#2 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

Cool.

#3 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:31 AM

Absolute correct thing to do brother..,

I was entrusted with my grandpa's, father's, my shotgun.., Hand made in the USA around the turn of the century, at least a hundred years old.., Hart stock, Nitro barrel, Mauser action, two round bolt action goose gun you couldn't put a dime in the barrel. Great weapon.., If you hit a bird square there was just a pink cloud.., Gave it to my nephew.., Next oldest male.., He hunts birds with it..,  He has a son.., Next oldest male..,

Women hand down jewelry, men hand down metal.., Good weapons no matter how old, still shoot straight as an arrow..,

• oldtimer likes this

#4 ATLchief

ATLchief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 28 April 2016 - 02:25 PM

You're a good man, OT.

#5 Mugsy

Mugsy