Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Seminar on Handling Classified Information

MAN O MAN

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,002 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:12 AM

Soldier used unauthorized pic of Clinton for seminar on handling classified info
Published August 23, 2016
1471991867911.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Washington Examiner

An Army soldier used a slide of Hillary Clinton in a power point presentation on handling classified information and under a heading about American “insiders” who pose a “threat” to national security.

The picture of Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, appears in a rogue's gallery of six people, including at-large NSA-snitch Edward Snowden and Nidal Hassan, the Army psychiatrist and radicalized Muslim who fatally shot 13 people in 2009 at Fort Hood, Texas, as reported first by The Washington Examiner. 

An Army spokesman on Tuesday confirmed to Fox News that the picture of the slide used in news accounts is authentic.

Maj. Thomas Campbell, the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command spokesman, also said the slide was part of a smaller-scale Army unit’s seminar on best practices for handling classified information and maintaining operational security.

However, its use was not “reviewed or approved by the unit's leadership, and does not reflect the position of the Army," Campbell said.

Clinton was the subject of a roughly two-year-long FBI investigation into her use of a private server for official correspondence while secretary of state from 2009 to 2103.

FBI Director James Comey said the agency found three emails that included parts of classified information and that Clinton was “extremely careless.” However, he did not recommend criminal charges and the case was close in July.

The U.S. Army W.T.F! Moments Facebook page on Sunday appeared to first post the slide of Clinton and the others, according to The Examiner.

The other three images on the slide are of retired CIA Director David Petraeus, who gave classified information to his biographer and mistress; Aaron Alexis, the Washington Navy Yard sniper; and Chelsea Manning, who gave classified information to WikiLeaks.

#2 Mugsy

Mugsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 02:48 AM

The government won't condone this.

#3 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,002 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:08 AM

The government is The Problem.

w

#4 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:53 AM

We hire the government, we should darn well be able to fire them too.

#5 Mugsy

Mugsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

The government is The Problem.

w

Really? Then why do you always say our system of government works great? Are you finally admitting it's broken?

3....2....1.... queue the America is number one BS paragraph. 

We hire the government, we should darn well be able to fire them too.

In a true democratic republic that would be the case. However, we have lost that and are now ruled by an oligarchy. Try to keep up. 

#6 Chiefs Convert

Chiefs Convert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

Article 88. Contempt towards officials.

Edit- Assuming the Soldier is a Commissioned Officer.

I'm unclear as to whether the provisions of the article extend to candidates to the Office of President. If not, no foul, unless the statement was made while Clinton served as Sec of State.

#7 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

Article 88. Contempt towards officials.

Edit- Assuming the Soldier is a Commissioned Officer.

I'm unclear as to whether the provisions of the article extend to candidates to the Office of President. If not, no foul, unless the statement was made while Clinton served as Sec of State.

When was this issued? I thought the same. However, if she was no longer in office, at the time the piece was displayed, then there is no violation. Running for POTUS does not make one an "official".

#8 Mugsy

Mugsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

Does being a former first lady make one an "official?" That title kind of stays with them for life doesn't it? This wouldn't be a story if the pic was "authorized" correct? I'm thinking she's an "official." 

#9 Chiefs Convert

Chiefs Convert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

When was this issued? I thought the same. However, if she was no longer in office, at the time the piece was displayed, then there is no violation. Running for POTUS does not make one an "official".

Some laws like this extend to anyone with a Secret Service detail, which would include major candidates for the office of president. I just can't find clarification on if this article in the UCMJ is one.

• MAUI and Mugsy like this

#10 Mugsy

Mugsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

Some laws like this extend to anyone with a Secret Service detail, which would include major candidates for the office of president. I just can't find clarification on if this article in the UCMJ is one.

That's similar to where I was coming from. She's had secret service protection since 1992. 

#11 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,002 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:26 AM

Mugs,  you have to stay with us and realize we are not going to repeat things for you.

The Greatest System on earth can be corrupted by bad politicians like the Clinton's.  This is why 90% of US realize putting Hillary Clinton in the White House not only undermines our rule of law, it just rewards a criminal.

I do not think that the Solider(s) broke the law, but there will be repercussions from the TOP.

The Military is in the Chain of Command and Mr. Obama will be very aggressive on this.

Whoever did this will pay a price, but I would buy them a beer in a heartbeat.

w

#12 Mugsy

Mugsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:55 AM

West, all I am saying is there is one set of rules for those in the oligarchy and another set for those who aren't. This soldier is not in the oligarchy so his actions will not be condoned.

It's not about the Clinton's. It is about the system that condones it. I tell you this all the time man. What do you think would happen if Hillary was actually punished? Do you think the system would change? I do not. The problem is much bigger than the clintons. Wasting all this time on the clintons is stupid.

#13 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,002 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:43 AM

The American System of government is based on the rule of law.

If Hillary Clinton is not held accountable it undermines the very nature of our Nation.

She must be held accountable and if the MSM was doing her heavy lifting, she would already be in prison.

w

#14 Mugsy

Mugsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:51 AM

The American System of government is based on the rule of law.

If Hillary Clinton is not held accountable it undermines the very nature of our Nation.

She must be held accountable and if the MSM was doing her heavy lifting, she would already be in prison.

w

The owners of the MSM are in the oligarchy west. They are working hand in hand with politicians. Politicians literally live under a different set of laws. Half of the things they do that we think are illegal are really not for them. Things like insider trading for example.

I agree Hillary broke the law but surely you understand she will not be held accountable. At what point will you see the system is broken?

#15 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,002 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:22 AM

At what point will you admit that the best system in the world is under attack and it is up to the PEOPLE to take charge.

Trump completely tips over the apple cart.

Hillary will just continue to sell apples if she is elected.

w

#16 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:16 AM

That's bull. If she is a candidate, and not a current official, she is not any different than anyone else (not in government).

#17 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:16 AM

That's bull. If she is a candidate, and not a current official, she is not any different than anyone else (not in government).

#18 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:17 AM

#19 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

Say Again..,? Over..,

• kcchief4lif and Chiefs Convert like this

#20 kcchief4lif

kcchief4lif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:05 AM

I repeat..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MAN O MAN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users