Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

What do you do with leftovers?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kccrow

kccrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 01:26 AM

We all make those meals that are a bit too much. What do you do with leftovers? Any recipes you conjure up to deal with excess the next day?

For us, it's almost always what to do with excess potatoes in a pot roast.  

We started buying this powdered cheese sauce from Gordon Food Service to make a quick and easy bacon cheddar potato soup... Although we also use milk and some cheddar cheese.

Usually dice up a half package of bacon and a small/medium onion. Cook that together. Add a few pads of butter, garlic, salt, pepper, a couple cups of potatoes and let that cook together a bit, then add the cheese sauce with a bit extra milk or just milk and cheese, whatever we have.

Takes all of about 20 minutes to have a good soup.

#2 kccrow

kccrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:33 AM

Nothin? no takers? Hi five to myself for such a boomin thread.

#3 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:37 AM

evidently you have not met me..it would be plane to the eye there are no left overs.

#4 kccrow

kccrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

evidently you have not met me..it would be plane to the eye there are no left overs.

lol, same here usually. I was just curious what people did with stuff to make it go around again, if it did happen. Holidays are coming fast, people always have leftover ham, turkey, and other bullshit. 

Potatoes are a big one I always over cook just cuz you can quick fry em with some onions in the AM or make a soup or whatever. Curious if anyone else did shit like that too.

#5 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:01 PM

Ditto on the potatoes.  I am low carb now, so I rarely eat them.  But, I used to mash up leftover baked potatoes, add some egg, spice and a little flour, and make potato pancakes.  They were great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users