Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Early 2017 mock

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#21 Gil

Gil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 10:06 PM

Let Walk:

Eric Berry (Not worth being the highest paid S in the NFL, by a long shot)

Bullshit

• Bub likes this

#22 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:38 PM

I got to go with Gil on this. I was a big Poe over Berry guy. Assuming you can only keep one. But I don't think that Poe's back is something you can bank on.

I will agree Berry is not a top FS, but he is the best SS in the league. Run support, manning up on TEs and defending 5-15 yard passes, he is the best. With all my doubts, this is the second year in a row he has owned the 15 yards from scrimmage.

#23 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

I could see the Chiefs getting rid of Maclin if he can't stay healthy and produce for this playoff run.

#24 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:48 AM

Maclin saved the Chiefs season last year.  No reason to think he won't be able to do it again.  He was in for a lot of plays last night but wasn't a target often.  Probably, he is going to take a little while to be at top speed.

#25 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:56 AM

Bullshit

He wasn't at the time that was posted, but has made a case for himself later on in the season.

It will depend how much exactly what he wants.  The Chiefs simply can't afford to pay him like an elite CB, if that's what he's seeking...or should they.

#26 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

Re-sign:

S  Eric Berry (4 years/42 mil; 30 mil guaranteed)

P  Dustin Colquitt (3yrs/9 mil) Colquitt gets an extra year on his deal while agreeing to reduce his salary for the next 2.

Terminate option:

QB  Nick Foles

Paycut:

QB  Alex Smith (Reduces base salary by 5 million to fend off any chance of Foles being kept over him)

Signed:

K  Cairos Santos

WR Albert Wilson

S  Dan Sorensen

LS  James Winchester

Release:

RB  Jamaal Charles

WR D'Anthony Thomas

OL  Jah Reid

FA:

S Matt Elam (2yr/2.5m)

ILB  Manti Te'o (1yr/1.3m)

Retire:

LB  Tamba Hali (Chiefs let him retain half of remaining bonus; gain 4 mil cap credit after dead $$$)

A very quiet FA period for the Chiefs this year.  The biggest moves will be re-signing Berry for a market appropriate deal and letting Dontari Poe walk. 

The Chiefs would stand to gain 30 million in cap space, by making the appropriate moves before the Berry signing.  Allocate 13 in space for Berry's new deal, 5 million to retain others and another 6 for rookies with an additional 2.5 for FA pickups.  They will have around 5 million in cap space after all moves are made, which should be enough to maybe extend a player during the season or add some vets.

Draft:

1.  Zach Cunningham, ILB  Vanderbilt

Right now I project the Chiefs to be right in range to tab him.  If they go further than I expect in the playoffs (WildCard), than they will need to trade up for him and should.  3 down Inside backer that can cover and be physical.  DJ probably isn't playing at least the first half of 2017, and is probably about finished.  Cunningham should be a long-term player.

2.  Davis Webb, QB  California

Good size, experienced and can make every throw.  Will drop further than he should, as teams will get cold feet over Jared Goff struggling this year. 

He'll get a lot of Jared Goff comparisons, but Goff wishes he had his arm.  Webb is closer to Aaron Rodgers as a passer.  Will need to sit at least a year, which is fine.  The Chiefs don't need a Day 1 starter and Andy would never rookie unless he had to.

Bray slides in as the #2 QB for now and Webb is the 3rd. 

3.1.  Damore'ea Stringfellow, WR  Ole Miss

The Chiefs were reportedly heavy on trying to get his teammate, Treadwell, in last years draft.  They are both similar players.  Strong, physical WR that will make the tough catch and power through to move the chains.  Will slide due to off field issues, but Reid and Dorsey have shown that they will risk it.

3.2.  Hunter Dimick, DE/OLB  Utah

The Chiefs could have a big dilemma.  Tamba might be done after January and Houston or Ford may not excel well in Hali's Elephant role.  Enter Dimick, who is a Hali type of guy.

4.  Lowell Lotulelei, NT  Utah

John Dorsey saw first hand what injuries can do to a promising NT when he was in GB and they had BJ Raji.  I think the Chiefs will try to get him to stay a bit longer on a one year prove it contract, to see how the back responds, but too many teams with cash to burn.  Dontari Poe will be leaving in March and it's the right move.

Lotulelei is your proto-type lane clogging Nose.  Right range for him.

5.1.  De'Veon Smith, RB  Michigan

Chiefs add some talent at RB. 

5.2  Cole Hikutini, TE  Louisville

Chiefs could use another big play, redzone target.  TE depth beyond Kelce is butt.

6.1.  If you're going to tamper with a FA, tell them to shut up and make it not obvious.

6.2.  Jon Heck, OL  North Carolina

Son of coach Andy Heck.  Can play tackle and Guard and allows them to release a bum lineman.

6.3.  Josh Augusta, DL  Missouri

A big fatty to add depth to the DL.

7.  Elijah Mcguire, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette

West needs some real competition.

#27 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:31 PM

I really like Cunningham.  Have him as the pick in a mock I have been working on.  Although, I would be surprised if Dorsey uses a one on an ILB.

#28 Bub

Bub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

I like Cunningham in the first but I doubt he'll be there when we pick... 

#29 Crazychief

Crazychief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:43 PM

Re-sign:

S  Eric Berry (4 years/42 mil; 30 mil guaranteed)

P  Dustin Colquitt (3yrs/9 mil) Colquitt gets an extra year on his deal while agreeing to reduce his salary for the next 2.

Terminate option:

QB  Nick Foles

Paycut:

QB  Alex Smith (Reduces base salary by 5 million to fend off any chance of Foles being kept over him)

Signed:

K  Cairos Santos

WR Albert Wilson

S  Dan Sorensen

LS  James Winchester

Release:

RB  Jamaal Charles

WR D'Anthony Thomas

OL  Jah Reid

FA:

S Matt Elam (2yr/2.5m)

ILB  Manti Te'o (1yr/1.3m)

Retire:

LB  Tamba Hali (Chiefs let him retain half of remaining bonus; gain 4 mil cap credit after dead $$$)

A very quiet FA period for the Chiefs this year.  The biggest moves will be re-signing Berry for a market appropriate deal and letting Dontari Poe walk. 

The Chiefs would stand to gain 30 million in cap space, by making the appropriate moves before the Berry signing.  Allocate 13 in space for Berry's new deal, 5 million to retain others and another 6 for rookies with an additional 2.5 for FA pickups.  They will have around 5 million in cap space after all moves are made, which should be enough to maybe extend a player during the season or add some vets.

Draft:

1.  Zach Cunningham, ILB  Vanderbilt

Right now I project the Chiefs to be right in range to tab him.  If they go further than I expect in the playoffs (WildCard), than they will need to trade up for him and should.  3 down Inside backer that can cover and be physical.  DJ probably isn't playing at least the first half of 2017, and is probably about finished.  Cunningham should be a long-term player.

2.  Davis Webb, QB  California

Good size, experienced and can make every throw.  Will drop further than he should, as teams will get cold feet over Jared Goff struggling this year. 

He'll get a lot of Jared Goff comparisons, but Goff wishes he had his arm.  Webb is closer to Aaron Rodgers as a passer.  Will need to sit at least a year, which is fine.  The Chiefs don't need a Day 1 starter and Andy would never rookie unless he had to.

Bray slides in as the #2 QB for now and Webb is the 3rd. 

3.1.  Damore'ea Stringfellow, WR  Ole Miss

The Chiefs were reportedly heavy on trying to get his teammate, Treadwell, in last years draft.  They are both similar players.  Strong, physical WR that will make the tough catch and power through to move the chains.  Will slide due to off field issues, but Reid and Dorsey have shown that they will risk it.

3.2.  Hunter Dimick, DE/OLB  Utah

The Chiefs could have a big dilemma.  Tamba might be done after January and Houston or Ford may not excel well in Hali's Elephant role.  Enter Dimick, who is a Hali type of guy.

4.  Lowell Lotulelei, NT  Utah

John Dorsey saw first hand what injuries can do to a promising NT when he was in GB and they had BJ Raji.  I think the Chiefs will try to get him to stay a bit longer on a one year prove it contract, to see how the back responds, but too many teams with cash to burn.  Dontari Poe will be leaving in March and it's the right move.

Lotulelei is your proto-type lane clogging Nose.  Right range for him.

5.1.  De'Veon Smith, RB  Michigan

Chiefs add some talent at RB. 

5.2  Cole Hikutini, TE  Louisville

Chiefs could use another big play, redzone target.  TE depth beyond Kelce is butt.

6.1.  If you're going to tamper with a FA, tell them to shut up and make it not obvious.

6.2.  Jon Heck, OL  North Carolina

Son of coach Andy Heck.  Can play tackle and Guard and allows them to release a bum lineman.

6.3.  Josh Augusta, DL  Missouri

A big fatty to add depth to the DL.

7.  Elijah Mcguire, RB, Louisiana-Lafayette

West needs some real competition.

I'm with you on Davis Webb. I would even use our 1st rounder on him to make sure we get him. Or even do what we did last year and move in to the top of the second round to take him while picking up extra picks. 

I also really like the devonte smith pick too. a true big power back. 

#30 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

I like Cunningham in the first but I doubt he'll be there when we pick...

Hard to say. It will really depend where the Chiefs are picking.

I think Foster goes before him, so it will also depend where he goes.

The Chiefs might have to move up and they should, if that's what it takes.

#31 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:22 PM

I'm with you on Davis Webb. I would even use our 1st rounder on him to make sure we get him. Or even do what we did last year and move in to the top of the second round to take him while picking up extra picks. 

I also really like the devonte smith pick too. a true big power back.

Pre-draft workouts will dictate a lot for Webb.

#32 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

If the Chiefs are going to keep Foles they need to sit Alex Smith and play Foles now.

#33 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:02 AM

Foles is nothing more than a poker chip in a staredown.

Alex Smith is not going to chance having to sign with a turd like the Bears or Jets.

#34 Bub

Bub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

I had us taking Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida in the first but now Walter has him 6th overall. I guess the secret is out LOL. Wish we could get him.

https://walterfootba...m/draft2017.php

I really like Desean Watson. He is clutch and a good leader. I also think Reid would like him and he fits our offense perfectly. I have to admit I haven't watched film on him but watched him live a lot. I think he could be the pick.

#35 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:20 AM

I like Watson, but I think there are better options on Friday.

Webb and Mahomes are higher on my board. I'm tired of seeing QB's that are lacking in arm talent.

#36 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,749 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:15 AM

Please draft a qb

#37 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members