Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Question for all of you never Trumpers

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:27 AM

What does he have to do as President to make you happy? Be honest and realistic.

The reason I ask is because I don't think he can do anything to change some of your minds which makes any of your post about him null and void.

#2 Smoulder

Smoulder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:31 AM

He needs to spend enough to drive full employment while denying Paul Ryan's holy quest to gut Social Security, Medicare, unemployment, and every last vestige of the safety net.

He needs to work equitably for all Americans, not just whites who pretend that "working class" has a color.

He needs to replace the ACA with something better, more accessible, and more inclusive, that retains coverage for pre-existing conditions (no gotchas) as well as coverage for young adults on their parents' insurance. Good luck.

He needs to stop being an international embarassment and comport himself with the dignity appropriate to the office. Including, but not limited to laying off of the cocaine-fueled days-long Twitter benders.

That's good enough for starters. I'll be surprised if he pulls off even one of those, so not much point in making the list any longer.

#3 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

At least you set a standard, not one that any president can meet but a standard still the same.

I assume you set the same standard for the current president as well.
Worked for all Americans - failed

Job creation - failed

Healthcare - failed

International embarrassment - succeeded

As I said earlier no body could live up to your expectations of a president so why should anyone try.

#4 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

Oh and you forgot world peace, end world hunger, and finding a cure for cancer.

My request was for realistic goals that you would put on every president elect. Now if those are the same things you ask our of every president great. However, I believe you will be a very disappointed in any person elected.

#5 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

I don't like Trump but don't fall into the never Trump category.  

1.  End socialized medicine and replace it with a plan that lets consumers take control of their health care with a safety net for those who need it.

2.  Lower tax rates and let the economy boom enough to make up the total government revenues.

3.  Actually stop or at least make a major reduction in illegals and drugs crossing the borders.  

4.  Implement a coherent foreign policy for the middle east and stick with it so our allies and enemies can depend on it to fight Islamic terrorism.

5.  Give kids in failing public schools a choice via vouchers or other competition with NEA controlled failures.

6.  Tort reform 

7.  End useless regulations and revise those remaining to make sure there's actually cost/benefit.

8.  Appoint judges who interpret the constitution rather than override it for their own social proclivities.  That's at every level including the SC.

9.  Rationalize the federal budget and treat government departments on a business model that would force accountability. 

There's a lot more, but getting even a few of the above would make Trumps crudeness, egotism, and grating style worth it.

• mex likes this

#6 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:19 PM

I am in complete agreement with your list Jet...

I am not a Trump Fan, but he was a hell of lot better than someone who actually belongs in prison.

w

#7 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:24 PM

I am in complete agreement with your list Bil.

I am not a Trump Fan, but he was a hell of lot better than someone who actually belongs in prison.

w

I think you just called Jet..  Bil :o.  Man o man

#8 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

My Humble apologies Jet!

I owe you dinner.

w

#9 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

I can live with Jets list, its more realistic than Smoulder, and yes I saw the dig by calling Jet, Bil.

I have said it from day one, I am not a Trumpiter, but I do like the idea of an outsider (in the political world) shaking things up.

#10 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:29 PM

I don't like Trump but don't fall into the never Trump category.  

1.  End socialized medicine and replace it with a plan that lets consumers take control of their health care with a safety net for those who need it.

2.  Lower tax rates and let the economy boom enough to make up the total government revenues.

3.  Actually stop or at least make a major reduction in illegals and drugs crossing the borders.  

4.  Implement a coherent foreign policy for the middle east and stick with it so our allies and enemies can depend on it to fight Islamic terrorism.

5.  Give kids in failing public schools a choice via vouchers or other competition with NEA controlled failures.

6.  Tort reform 

7.  End useless regulations and revise those remaining to make sure there's actually cost/benefit.

8.  Appoint judges who interpret the constitution rather than override it for their own social proclivities.  That's at every level including the SC.

9.  Rationalize the federal budget and treat government departments on a business model that would force accountability. 

There's a lot more, but getting even a few of the above would make Trumps crudeness, egotism, and grating style worth it.

Why didn't you run?!

#11 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:32 PM

Not a dig, I botched the post having read another thread prior to seeing Jet's excellent list.

w

#12 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 08:59 PM

Why didn't you run?!

Because I laughed at a racial joke in 1954.  Also made a remark about a woman's anatomy in 1962.  Worse than those, in 2005 I called out someone who was pontificating  about man made global warming or cooling or climate change, they weren't  sure which but knew it would kill us  within 10 years.

• oldtimer and ATLchief like this

#13 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:00 PM

I think you just called Jet..  Bil :o.  Man o man

Bil will never forgive you.   :D

#14 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

My Humble apologies Jet!

I owe you dinner.

w

Darn.  Wish we were still going to Monterey several times a year.  We'd make a side trip north.

#15 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

Trump said that that the Obama care replacement is done, not bad for PEOTUS.

#16 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:56 AM

We can meet in Monterrey any time!

W

#17 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:40 AM

He needs to spend enough to drive full employment while denying Paul Ryan's holy quest to gut Social Security, Medicare, unemployment, and every last vestige of the safety net.

He needs to work equitably for all Americans, not just whites who pretend that "working class" has a color.

He needs to replace the ACA with something better, more accessible, and more inclusive, that retains coverage for pre-existing conditions (no gotchas) as well as coverage for young adults on their parents' insurance. Good luck.

He needs to stop being an international embarassment and comport himself with the dignity appropriate to the office. Including, but not limited to laying off of the cocaine-fueled days-long Twitter benders.

That's good enough for starters. I'll be surprised if he pulls off even one of those, so not much point in making the list any longer.

So by your standards Obama failed in EVERY category as well. 

#18 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:37 PM

No, not at all.  Liberals measure Liberals based on "feelings".

Everyone that is a non-liberal is measured on results if they are poor and made up character flaws if the results are great.

w

#19 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

No, not at all.  Liberals measure Liberals based on "feelings".

Everyone that is a non-liberal is measured on results if they are poor and made up charterer flaws if the results are great.

w

Exactly.  Look at all of the backlash over Lewis.  Hollyweird is going nuts, saying how dare Trump say those things about a civil rights icon.

My opinion is if he didn't want Trump to retaliate, he shouldn't have started it.  Thin skin.

• Chiefsfan1963 likes this

#20 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

Lewis was a tool in the Democratic Plot.  They knew Trump would counter punch.

The Dems  thought Trump would say something they could pin as racist.

They forgot that Lewis has a track record of horrible results in his district.

Lewis is an American Hero for what he did in the 1960's. Kudos to him.

That does not mean he can not be held accountable.

w

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users