Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Question for all of you never Trumpers

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

John McCain endured Vietcong torture and was an inspiration to soldiers in the Vietnam War, yet he deserves plenty of criticism, and gets plenty, for his assaults on the Constitution as a lawmaker.  John Lewis isn't beyond accountability either despite his history.  Getting clubbed over the head during a march against racist Democrats isn't a life long pass to be an incompetent asshole.

#22 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:42 PM

fuck lewis

he boycotted bush too

and he called those who questioned obama's legitimacy (birthers, etc) racists... of course

#23 Sorass

Sorass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts
  • LocationWakarusa, Kansas

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:56 AM

http://www.newyorker...borowitz-report

#24 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:08 AM

He can start by not being an authoritarian Democrat, but that may be too much to ask. Quietly, I am hoping the Democrats do go loco over Trump. Hey, if they manage to kick him out, which would be a tall task, we get the right guy for the office. That would not suck... unless you are a looooser.

#25 Smoulder

Smoulder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

At least you set a standard, not one that any president can meet but a standard still the same.

Oh and you forgot world peace, end world hunger, and finding a cure for cancer.

My request was for realistic goals that you would put on every president elect. Now if those are the same things you ask our of every president great. However, I believe you will be a very disappointed in any person elected.

No, those were very clear, specific and attainable. What the fuck were you expecting to hear - I want him to wear a blue tie instead of a pink tie one day? You want me to set a bar low enough for your little fascist piece of garbage to crawl over? You asked a question and I gave you a serious answer, so you want to pout about it?

#26 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:04 PM

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

Have some more coffee man

W
  • oldtimer likes this

#27 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

no shit... or prozac

#28 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

I'm thinking a bar of soap for breakfast

#29 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

I'm thinking a bar of soap for breakfast

"Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Lifebuoy, on the other hand..."

• MAUI, oldtimer, West and 2 others like this

#30 Smoulder

Smoulder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:21 PM

Republicans have boasted for years now that they are going to repeal and replace the ACA with something better, so now it's "as unattainable as world peace"? Can we take that to mean you now admit the ACA was the best we were going to get under the circumstances, and that you know the repeal is going to fuck over millions of Americans (including Republicans)?

I didn’t make some vague statement about "job creation", I said specifically that he needs to SPEND (as he promised) while blocking zealot Ryan from gutting the safety net (Trump promised no cuts to SS/Medicare, etc).

If Trump can't put on big boy pants and stop shitting all over the place every time someone gets under his paper thin skin, then we are being led by an unstable buffoon who will bring us to ruin. It's not "unrealistic" to expect the President to act like a fucking adult.

Cue the "but Obama". I didn't vote for Obama, so you can go tell that to someone who cares for your excuses and deflections.

#31 Sorass

Sorass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

"Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Lifebuoy, on the other hand..."

Lifebuoy tastes disgusting.  Have you ever tried Irish Spring?  Some of the body washes are pretty good and go down a lot easier.

• mex likes this

#32 Sorass

Sorass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

Republicans have boasted for years now that they are going to repeal and replace the ACA with something better, so now it's "as unattainable as world peace"? Can we take that to mean you now admit the ACA was the best we were going to get under the circumstances, and that you know the repeal is going to fuck over millions of Americans (including Republicans)?

Actually, Trump has advocated universal care...and promised it.  Just like The Wall.   (Probably each of us will get an aspirin per day.)

Universal care is certainly "possible" in most other countries, and outcomes are better.  

The ability to negotiate drug prices has a gigantic effect.  The closest and easiest country to compare is our neighbor.  In Canada, the exact same drugs, same brands, cost half of what they do in the United States.  The whole thing is a monstrous scam. Drug prices account for a huge amount of the unaffordability of health care.  Private insurance companies don't negotiate drug prices, because they don't need to.  They don't give a shit, because they can just pass the cost along to policy holders by raising premiums.

#33 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,322 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:24 PM

Actually, Trump has advocated universal care...and promised it.  Just like The Wall.   (Probably each of us will get an aspirin per day.)

Universal care is certainly "possible" in most other countries, and outcomes are better.  

The ability to negotiate drug prices has a gigantic effect.  The closest and easiest country to compare is our neighbor.  In Canada, the exact same drugs, same brands, cost half of what they do in the United States.  The whole thing is a monstrous scam. Drug prices account for a huge amount of the unaffordability of health care.  Private insurance companies don't negotiate drug prices, because they don't need to.  They don't give a shit, because they can just pass the cost along to policy holders by raising premiums.

You can thank Congress and the FDA for that.  Employment is a revolving door between the two.  BigPharma lobbyists own our lawmakers.

• mex likes this

#34 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:35 PM

I didn’t make some vague statement about "job creation", I said specifically that he needs to SPEND (as he promised) while blocking zealot Ryan from gutting the safety net (Trump promised no cuts to SS/Medicare, etc).

If Trump can't put on big boy pants and stop shitting all over the place every time someone gets under his paper thin skin, then we are being led by an unstable buffoon who will bring us to ruin. It's not "unrealistic" to expect the President to act like a fucking adult.

Cue the "but Obama". I didn't vote for Obama, so you can go tell that to someone who cares for your excuses and deflections.

Rand Paul, a medical doctor, just wrote the replacement to ObamaCare.  Rest easy my friend, competency is on the way.

• mex likes this

#35 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

saw that....Rand Has been strong lately.  I have hopes that Trump lets him play a very active role in Healthcare and the Fed.

w

#36 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

Sadly, many liberals, especially those living on college campuses, probably believe this.

#37 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

I'm thinking of starting a new business.., "Bed, Bath, and Breakfast"..,

• mex likes this

#38 Sorass

Sorass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Sadly, many liberals, especially those living on college campuses, probably believe this.

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

The stories after it are funny, too.  Only an idiot would not know this is a satire/humor site.  There is nothing sad about this.  Liberal friends email me links to Borowitz pieces all the time.  Some are funny, some are not that great.  Most are pretty predictable.  You have to admit, this isn't bad.

#39 Sorass

Sorass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,291 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:01 PM

I'm thinking of starting a new business.., "Bed, Bath, and Breakfast"..,

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

#40 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,774 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:24 PM

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:

The stories after it are funny, too.  Only an idiot would not know this is a satire/humor site.  There is nothing sad about this.  Liberal friends email me links to Borowitz pieces all the time.  Some are funny, some are not that great.  Most are pretty predictable.  You have to admit, this isn't bad.

I thought they were funny although a little too obvious to be classified as great satire.  Considering some of the "student in the street" interviews I've seen lately, it wouldn't be surprising if some did believe them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users