Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Are we going discuss this Refugee ban?

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Chiefs Convert

Chiefs Convert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:13 AM

I read the executive order. It starts by making sure we're aware that 9/11 happened because of policy preventing the screening of the terrorists upon entry to the US and the purpose of the order is to remedy this. It then indefinitely bans entry of Syrians. It doesn't explicitly suspend entry from Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen for 90 days, but this ban is seemingly in effect as well.

Invoking 9/11 nd then ignoring the countries those who perpetrated the attacks is cowardly bullshit. It's a pathetic attempt to justify this questionable policy.
  • Smoulder likes this

#2 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:45 AM

I agree with the ban, but it should Saudi Arabia should be on the list.  There is ZERO reason to have Iran on that list as well, they aren't extremists, their government is, but they are not.

#3 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:00 AM

Ban the French.

• oldtimer likes this

#4 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:27 AM

Saudi Arabia owns another U.S. President. Pretty sure Trump makes a lot of money through there.

#5 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:36 PM

What Trump needs to do is assign a refugee to person who supports them being here and make that person responsible for their refugee. If the refugee breaks the law both refugee and appointed person pay the consequences.

#6 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

the truth is that Obama, George W. Bush used the executive powers six times,  Bill Clinton did twice, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter did the same..I'm having a hard time feeling too outraged. We are a sovereign nation and should be able to  pick & choose who comes in our border for any reason at any time.

I do agree that there should Saudi and others..personally I am for a moratorium across the board unless you have some needed "skill set" ..much akin to Australia

• KC Warpaint, BroncoStud and mex like this

#7 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:57 PM

What Trump needs to do is assign a refugee to person who supports them being here and make that person responsible for their refugee. If the refugee breaks the law both refugee and appointed person pay the consequences.

How stupid.

#8 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:06 PM

I personally don't agree with the ban.  Should vetting intensify?  Hell, yes.  There is no easy answer, for me anyway.  We see what is happening in other countries that are allowing refugees in unabated.  Increased crime, etc.  But, that is on their governments.  If they are allowed in, then they must assimilate to our culture and obey our laws.  But places like Europe are so afraid of being outside of political correctness, that they cowtow to the refugees and expect the citizens to assimilate.  That cannot continue here.  Though, it already has in some ways.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

• mex likes this

#9 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:11 PM

Of course, that epitaph to the huddled masses is clearly written in the Constitution, and not just on some memorial. Oh, it's not? hmm... At one time the Irish had trouble being given entrance into America. Was that wrong? Maybe, but I wasn't alive back then, and we don't know what was going on. It was probably an overreach at the time. However, we aren't living the issues they faced. History is always biased.

This is not a permanent change. It is 90 days to 120 days. It's temporary. We're we wrong to intern the Japanese? In hindsight, sure. Again, we aren't living in those times, and it is easy to second guess. The list of countries from which we are denying access is from Trump. No, actually, it predates Trump. It was under Obama, and his administration that first came up with that list of countries. They thought about having a ban, and decided against it.

We are currently in a mess. Our government has become bloated with bureaucrats. Our immigration policies are outdated, and our intelligence systems to monitor potential terrorists coming into our country is overwhelmed. We are ripe for an attack. Trump, and his new staff need to quickly get ahead of this problem.

Does a temporary ban on immigration from seven countries solve our problems with terror, and immigration? No, but it gives us one less thing to juggle while we get in place a better comprehensive approach. If four years from now there is nothing done, and bans remain in place, then you have an argument.

At this point, the sanctimonious left can shut the heck up. You had the keys for eight years, and screwed it all up. Sit down, and put away your pacifiers. It is now time for grown ups (unfortunately this includes Trump) to take over. I don't like Trump. His tweets are stupid. I don't believe he is a true conservative. However, I did not cause Trump. The liberals caused Trump. Trump is a reaction to the idiocy of the left. The liberals hit the pendulum hard to the loonie side, and no one should act in shock that the reaction was so swift to the other way. Let it happen. When Trump goes too far, we will know it, and there will be another pendulum swing. Hopefully next time the next guy up to bat isn't handing out golden tickets to the bomb makers.

Look, this is a free country, but it is a country. There are borders. There is a check gate or should be one to let us filter who gets into the park. If you are on a visitor pass, and cannot play nice, we need to send you back. First, we have to identify the visitors, and find a way to locate where they went. The park is still open. We just aren't taking new people from the skinhead population.

#10 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,658 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Let's start at the basics;

1.  Does the USA have the sovereign right to determine who is allowed to immigrate into the country?

2. Does the USA have the sovereign right to determine the process for allowing visitors into the country?

3. Does the Criteria the USA uses for Number 1 or Number 2 above allowed to change as circumstances dictate?

4. Does POTUS have the ability to set the criteria for number 1 or number 2 above? 

5. Does the POTUS set criteria have a time constraint in its limitations?

6. Does Congress have the responsibility to set Immigration and Visitation Policy?

I think that POTUS has the ultimate responsibility to Keep Americans safe.  I believe that Congress needs to change the laws at this point to better serve the American People.

Obama used executive orders because he knew that Congress would never support his view of "correct immigration policy".  Trump has overturned Obama's executive orders and has placed the REPUKES in the crosshairs to "shut up" or "pass some meaningful legislation".

Schumers's tears, Protestor Theatrics and dumbass comments will not get this moved.  Trump has set the bar, congress needs to move.

w

#11 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:22 PM

the truth is that Obama, George W. Bush used the executive powers six times,  Bill Clinton did twice, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Jimmy Carter did the same..I'm having a hard time feeling too outraged. We are a sovereign nation and should be able to  pick & choose who comes in our border for any reason at any time.

I do agree that there should Saudi and others..personally I am for a moratorium across the board unless you have some needed "skill set" ..much akin to Australia

This sums it up pretty perfectly.

#12 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:24 PM

For the looney left, read what the constitution says about the job of the President of the US. Look at Article II, Sections 2 and 3. Nowhere does it say the President has to baby sit the worlds refugees or immigrants. It does say they are to enforce the nation's laws.

#13 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

How stupid.

Why, because you and your looney lefties don't want to be responsible for these people? You have no problem with the rest of the country doing it. It's like the people who want nuclear power as long as the plant is not near their home. Or forgiving criminals but don't want them living across the street.

#14 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:12 AM

or canada. you not only have to bring a skillset, you need a bank account with several thousands of dollars

#15 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:51 AM

Why, because you and your looney lefties don't want to be responsible for these people? You have no problem with the rest of the country doing it. It's like the people who want nuclear power as long as the plant is not near their home. Or forgiving criminals but don't want them living across the street.

:lol:

You're calling me a "lefty?" Dude, even my dick hangs to the right.

#16 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:17 AM

:lol:

You're calling me a "lefty?" Dude, even my dick hangs to the right.

But you talk out the left side of your mouth.😉

#17 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:36 AM

If anybody is wondering why people think it's a ban on Muslims. Words have consequences. Or you could say he broke another campaign promise.

https://www.theguard...ng-the-us-video

#18 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:38 AM

He has a mandate to get it done.

#19 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

it's not a ban on muslims.

indonesia

pakistan

india

turkey

bangladesh

nigeria

those countries have no temporary ban and they comprise 3/4 of the world's population of muslims

#20 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:42 AM

Trump fired the acting AG for not enforcing what he wants done, he's not messing around. ;)

She was an Obama appointee. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users