Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Trump Tweets

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#301 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

Does OC realize his posts would be better read and more effective if he dropped the name calling?

#302 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,277 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Does OC realize his posts would be better read and more effective if he dropped the name calling?

he reminds me of that guy that worked away from home & drank alot then came on the CC.  Man he was a tortured soul. Some people are just vulgar..it does lessn the argument

#303 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:44 PM

name calling?  are you talking about trump?

i am affording him the same respect that was afforded obama.  i figure that is acceptable  

#304 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:35 PM

Trump respect the fact that Obama was weak. :D

#305 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

name calling?  are you talking about trump?

i am affording him the same respect that was afforded obama.  i figure that is acceptable  

I didn't like Obama nor his smarmy friends and detested most of his policies, but never did I insult him personally and neither did most of the other moderate or conservative posters in the LR.  Like Trump, he was the president of all of us and the best those who don't like it can do is find someone they prefer to run four years down the road.  Guess each of us has our own standards of civility.

#306 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

things i like

1)  cutting spending.  regardless of how people want to paint me here, i have no problem trimming the fat from government agencies.  i have always believe that there is way too much waste in the government.  i have to tighten my belt when costs go up within my family.  it is no different with the government.

2)  i like that he is pushing back with nato.  absolutely other countries should be paying up.  

3)  being tough on immigration.  deporting criminals and such.  absolutely have at it.  seems like common sense to me.  

things i dislike

1)  he is a shitty person.  you can find all kinds of examples of him being a pompous dick.  

2)  he put questionable people (racists) into his cabinet.  sessions was deemed too racist in the 80's.  Bannon has no issue cozying up to white supremacists.  and trump himself has said some racist shit.  like the judge was biased because he was mexican.  

3)  criticizes obama for taking vacations as president.  he is on pace to cost the taxpayers half a billion dollars over 4 years with his weekly getaways to florida.  which also costs the citizens of that county money that could go to other things like schools, roads, etc.  all the while he is now making a fortune with upping the membership to his club.  3 million dollars a trip to florida and he does it almost every weekend.  his wife costs us 300,000 dollars i day because she doesn't want to be near him at the white house.  i don't really blame her.

4)  how nobody cares about number 3 is beyond me.  and if that were obama, you know how much of a fit everyone would be throwing.  this is pure government waste that needs to be adressed.

5)  his travel ban for muslim countries is discrimination.  plain and simple.  not saying i am against vetting who we let into this country at all.  again, that is common sense.  i find it funny that he doesn't list the countries where the terrorist have actually came from though.  oh yeah.  that is because he has business interests there.  which leads me to 6

6)  no blind trust.  he is still in charge of his companies.  which begs the question.  is he coming up with policy based on his best financial interests?  who knows? probably.  it is not like this dude is a beacon of integrity.  and i do believe there is something in the constitution making it illegal to do so.  i could be wrong on that though but regardless, this is a big deal.  and should be stopped.

7)  cutting the EPA.  the EPA is a government agency and i am sure they are wasteful.  but we absolutely cannot let corporations pollute our water and air to the point that rivers catch on fire like they did before the EPA.  Mr. CEO of a company doesn't give a shit about the people effected.  he never will.   this is one i am very nervous about.  

8)  climate change science is being defunded or just outright phased out of the conversation.  i don't care if you think it is man made or not it doesn't matter.  it is happening.   and could be a huge threat.  exploring what is going on is not only smart but the responsible thing to do.  

9)  jacking up the military.  the military doesn't need any more money.  they need to scale back their operations.  therefore saving money and then investing into the veterans that are in need of care.  i do inspections at a few VA hospitals and i hear some pretty bad stories.  we aren't taking care of the men and women well enough.  we can't police the world and we can't have our soldiers doing multiple tours and turn our backs when they are fucked up because of it.  

10)  cutting meals on wheels is absurd.  don't take 2 weekend getaways and we have the money.  you orange faced chimp

11)  trumpcare is not what he promised.  obamacare is not working.  but what trump is putting out there is pretty much equally terrible.  the hospitals and drug companies are going to continue charging outrageous prices.  no other country puts up with it.  they have caps on what drug companies can charge.  or negotiated prices.  whatever you want to call it.  a pill to prevent seizures costs $400 a month?  who the hell can afford that?  that is with insurance.  

trump talked during the campaign about fixing healthcare and making it affordable and having it universal.  i was interested.  that is not what he is putting out there.  not even close

12)  i don't like cutting some of the low income/housing/after school programs that are on the chopping block.  i will not apologize for wanting to take care of the elderly.  nor will i apologize for wanting to give a little extra to kids in need.  

13)  trump is fat.  i don't like looking at him

as more policies come out i will look at them and give them a thumbs up or down.  if he has a good idea or good policy i have no problem admitting it.  i am curious about his education system.  i am skeptical but i am open to hearing how that will work.  

i ranted a bit so hopefully this is kind of what you were wanting to know.  if not just ask.  

Thanks OC.., Excellent post.., Though I don't agree with a lot of it I appreciate you sticking your neck out and stating your points.., The hardest thing for me with Trump is to separate the big shit from the small shit just because he goes all over the place.., And I can't trust big media to sort it out because they have such a glaring agenda, and seem to be on a Crusade to annihilate the infidel Trump and cleanse the earth of his presence.., Its hard to keep focused on what's really important with all the gnats buzzing..,

I'm not gonna go through and line item all your points, but What I consider important is a thriving economy because that in itself gives us the ability to fix a lot of problems just by itself.., Money is the absolute miracle cure.., Right now the market is robust, job reports are encouraging and people actually seem to be excited about the prospect of full time employment.., Anybody with a 401k has to be loving it.., More jobs, more tax dollars, more money to fund important programs.., The time to initiate a  travel ban is past due.., It's too late in my opinion.., Better to just start more vigorous vetting and let the courts piss on their own foot.., And I could give two shits about whether the Russians hacked the DNC or Obama bugged Trump Tower.., That's just all smoke the way I see it.., There's a lot more important shit that needs to be dealt with.., Like affordable healthcare, SCOTUS appointments, Mass murders in major metropolitan areas, Drug overdoses, Veteran suicides (22 a day), passing a realistic budget and and just the overall well being of the collective American psyche for starts.., As long as we're arguing about wire tapping, election rigging, faux racism, misogyny, gay bashing, who's life matters,  border walls and all the other slight of hand  small shit, Americans are nothing more than spores on a mushroom farm.., Fed shit and in the dark.., Its up to each one of us to figure out what counts and what don't, and to let the assholes feeding us their regurgitated swill know that we're either buying or not buying the shit they're selling..,

I'm tired of carrying the lantern looking for the honest man.., Fuck em all.., The people I can trust anymore I can pretty much count on two hands with fingers to spare..,

That's how me and the Captain see it anyway..,

• oldtimer, Semo, jetlord and 2 others like this

#307 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:53 PM

"As long as we're arguing about wire tapping, election rigging, faux racism, misogyny, gay bashing, who's life matters,  border walls and all the other slight of hand  small shit, Americans are nothing more than spores on a mushroom farm.., Fed shit and in the dark..,"

This is fucking gold. 

#308 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:09 PM

"As long as we're arguing about wire tapping, election rigging, faux racism, misogyny, gay bashing, who's life matters,  border walls and all the other slight of hand  small shit, Americans are nothing more than spores on a mushroom farm.., Fed shit and in the dark..,"

This is fucking gold. 

Yep.  He better trademark that one.

#309 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:02 PM

I've already stolen it... it was half-maui half-Captain anyways... 

#310 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:07 PM

It was pretty good.

#311 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,193 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

Maui is the Aristotle of the Internet Age.....

Great post.

w

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users