Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Draft Mock 3.14

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#41 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:21 AM

JC performed pretty well with worse lines than the Chiefs had this year.  They need a #1 RB with Ware as an alternative.  This class is loaded with RBs.

Not many players are as good as JC. Larry Johnson had good numbers until KC's offensive line was dismantled (free agency losses, and sudden retirements). JC was not a beneficiary of a good OL. It was one of the worst, and yet he was able to make huge gains. He was similar to Barry Sanders in his ability to make the most out of a bad offensive line. In fact, Detroit may have had a better line than KC. JC has been one of the best in regards to fewest negative plays, while BS (as good as he was) was one of the worst in that category.

We were spoiled. The Chiefs have had a long line of good running backs. Abner Haynes, Mike Garrett, Curtis McClinton, Ed Podolak, Joe Delaney, Christian Okoye, Barry Word, Marcus Allen, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, and finally Jamaal Charles. The other thing to know is

Charcandrick West was beset with injuries for most of the season. He was really only healthy for a few games. Spencer Ware started hot, but when the Chiefs lost Ehinger, Ware's yards per carry decreased by a full yard (Zach Fulton at LG). Ehinger was not brilliant, but much better than I expected expected he would be. Zach Fulton was not very good, and Jah Reid was abysmal.

#42 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

Moving on from VA Tech seems to have been a mistake on the  surface. There are reasons though. First, VA Tech will be bringing in Malik Zaire, graduate QB from Notre Dame, next year. Zaire is being coy, and won't make it official until April, but they also have other players. Kansas QB, Ryan Willis is transferring, and freshman Hendron Hooker (an unfortunate name) is a four star player, and already enrolled at VA Tech. So, it is possible coach Fuente gave him advise. Also, VA Tech is losing their two top receivers along with Evans (Hodges is in one of my mock drafts - extremely apt TE). Finally, the biggest reason may have been family. His father, and mother run an insurance company out of their home. They have a good family. The older sister, and a brother are in college. He has a second sister in a parochial school. His older brother is a college graduate. One of his brothers, Caleb is going to college at Louisiana Monroe. http://247sports.com...leb-evans-87841 His father, Efran Evans attempted to play in the NFL, but didn't make it. In all, there are nine kids, and were sent to catholic schools. His youngest brother is physically, and mentally impaired. The costs for his care is a hardship for the family, but no one is complaining. http://www.dallasnew...little-brother  They all learned to pitch in. Jerod Evans is 23 years old. Because of his ACL injury, he got a late start. Most pro scouts mark down a college QB if they are 24 or older. It is a little known fact that quarterbacks that enter the draft at age 24 or older usually do not succeed. So, he had reasons.

Yeah and life reasons are why I don't normally knock guys too hard for leaving early. I'm a little hypocritical here, because I think Evans really stood to gain a lot from one more year at VT.

He needs reps to learn more of essential QB'ing and he'll struggle to get a full clip of them once August is finished. The big downside to the current CBA killing off 2 a days.

#43 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

I like Derek Barnett's ability to bend around an edge. He reminds me of a younger Tamba Hali. Not exceedingly fast, but has a great motor, and determination. He will get better as he grows into his role as a 3-4 edge rusher at OLB. He attended Brentwood Academy in the Nashville area. He is just 20 years old. He'll probably go in the top fifteen, but you never know. He could also start to drop if New Orleans passes him up.

#44 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:06 AM

Yeah and life reasons are why I don't normally knock guys too hard for leaving early. I'm a little hypocritical here, because I think Evans really stood to gain a lot from one more year at VT.

He needs reps to learn more of essential QB'ing and he'll struggle to get a full clip of them once August is finished. The big downside to the current CBA killing off 2 a days.

I know the CBA is supposed to support the players, and protect them, but I don't know if they know how much they have hurt them as well. This is one way they have harmed players on the bottom of the roster. The CBA is all about protecting the best players to the neglect of all others The other thing that hurts is the absence of a player development league, such as NFL Europe. The NFL really ought to consider making a supportive relationship with the CFL. I think it could help the Canadian Football League, and develop players in the NFL. I don't see why they treat each other as competition. 

#45 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:48 AM

DraftTek Mock

pick 27 Christian McCaffrey - RB/WO

pick 59 DeShone Kizer - QB

pick 91 Kevin King - CB

pick104 David Sharpe - G

pick132 Jake Butt - TE

pick170 Kenny Goladay - WO

pick180 Levon Myers - OT

pick216 Ben Gedeon - ILB Strong side

pick218 James Connor - RB

pick245 Austin Rekhow - P/K

I like how it started out. I was cool on the idea of McCaffrey until I saw him in running, and pass catching drills. I think he could be a perfect fit for this offense. His ability to run quick, precise routes, and change speeds at just the right time, will see him open repeatedly. I believe he could have a huge impact on the offense. He reminds me of a larger, better Julian Edelman. What makes Edelman special is his quick change of pace, and ability to separate. I think McCaffrey will be that, and maybe more. He could be used to run the ball. He does a good job at that, but I believe his biggest impact should be as a receiver.

DeShone Kizer has one of the strongest arms among quarterbacks in the draft. He has poor footwork, and really seemed out of place under center. I am not wild about the idea, but he could work out, and a late second round pick is not too much to give up. Even if he fails at QB, he has the size to become a possession receiver, but lacks the speed. I think his lack of accuracy is the least of worries. The most troubling aspect is his lack of quick reads, and poor field vision. You can improve accuracy, but the other stuff is hard to make much better.

A better choice (one pick below) Montavius Adams. I believe the Chiefs will need a NT/DT. Another choice may be Jarrad Davis. Davis has injury concerns, but is tough. He could be the best WILL in the draft.

Kevin King is not a good pick IMO. He has really impressive height, but is not instinctive, and is slow to the ball. I don't think he is good enough to make the team.

Instead, Duke Riley (weak side linebacker) would be the better choice. You have to address the elephant in the pajamas. I don't think DJ is coming back, or not soon enough. At best, he is not going to be playing much longer.  Perhaps a bigger need is a player to replace Tamba Hali. Dawaune Smoot is 12 lbs lighter than Hali, but a tad quicker, and has the same motor. He isn't a complete package, but would be a decent prospect at that spot in the draft.

A lot of mock drafts seem to want to send Jake Butt to KC. I like Hodges better, but I bet he goes a lot earlier in the draft. Jeremy (sticky fingers) Sprinkle, and Adam Shaheen seem good choices too... Later, Golladay seems to be a reasonable prospect. Gedeon is a tough player, who could fit at the MIKE.

#46 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Matt Miller post combine mock draft http://bleacherrepor...ine-projections

pick 27 Patrick Mahomes - QB

pick 59 Joe Mixon - RB

pick 91 Howard Wilson - CB

pick104 John Johnson - S Slot DB

pick132 Eddie Vanderdoes DE

pick170 Avery Moss - Edge OLB

pick180 Ryan Glasgow - DE/DT

pick216 Damore'ea Stringfellow - WR

pick218 Pharaoh Brown - TE

pick245 Ezra Robinson - CB

#47 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

MMQB http://mmqb.si.com/m...t-after-combine

pick 27 Reuben Foster - WILL

#48 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

http://www.sbnation....tchell-trubisky

SB Nation - post combine

pick 27 Patrick Mahomes

#49 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

http://www.cbssports...jonathan-allen/

#50 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

27. Kansas City Chiefs

Raekwon McMillan , LB, Ohio State: With Derrick Johnson set to turn 35 next season, McMillian is an athletic playmaker who could provide a smooth transition once Johnson calls it a career. Vanderbilt’s Zach Cunningham is also an option here, but a lackluster combine could have personnel types revisiting his game tape.

#51 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:31 PM

That would be an absolutely awful selection.
  • eraser likes this

#52 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:01 AM

Bleacher Report - after the first day of FA Mock Draft

http://bleacherrepor...ee-agency-day-1

KC - Dan Feeney - G/T

#53 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:05 AM

2017 NFL Mock Draft: Browns trade with Pats and pick Garrett, Fournette, Mahomes

http://www.nfl.com/d...kson?id=2558065

KC - Adoree' Jackson  

#54 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:14 AM

Sporting News Mock Draft

http://www.sportingn...eeb813/slide/27

27 Kansas City Chiefs: Jabrill Peppers, LB/S, Michigan

It's becoming harder and harder to find a home for Peppers in Round 1, but I’d be shocked (at least as of now) if he fell out. Peppers is a safety for some teams, a linebacker for others. I don’t know which I’d prefer him at for the Chiefs, but unless they go quarterback, they’ll have plenty of options.

Those options may include Quincy Wilson - CB, and Mike Williams - WR (taken in this mock draft directly after Peppers. Also Deshawn Watson, Takkarist McKinley, and Jarrad Davis (given a 2nd round rating in this mock).

Speaking of the second round.

59. Kansas City Chiefs: Desmond King, DB, Iowa  (Yuck)

#55 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:21 AM

That would be an absolutely awful selection.

McMillan? Good player and showed at the combine to be a potential 3 down ILB. Not my first choice but wouldn't be turrible.

#56 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

Dane BruglerVerified account @dpbrugler 5h5 hours ago

Ball velocity numbers (MPH) from the Combine: 60 - Mahomes 59 - Webb 56 - Kizer 55 - Trubisky, Evans 53 - Peterman, Kaaya 49 - Watson

You want to see anything 54 mph or above. Evans showed a strong arm in college. He barely made the list at 55 mph. Watson's speed on his throws was shocking to me. It makes a great deal of difference in the NFL, where the windows are much tighter. Peterman's 53 mph is below the standard, but he may have had an off day.

High on my list are Mahomes, and Webb. Trubisky was not as fluid with his throws as I would have liked. Evans, and Trubisky are adequate. Evans needs to keep the ball positioned near his head. He tends to dip it back down in his wind up. He is definitely not in the Tim Tebow category, but it hurts the release time, and can mess with accuracy. I am sure a coach will work with him on this. Trubisky seemed most comfortable with taking snaps from Center (which is understandable since he did this in college). Mahomes can really sling the ball, but needs help with footwork.

#57 eraser

eraser

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationPaducah

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:26 AM

McMillan? Good player and showed at the combine to be a potential 3 down ILB. Not my first choice but wouldn't be turrible.

Most do not have him going that high. However, who knew Mitch Morse would be worth second round pick (besides Dorsey)?

#58 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

Most do not have him going that high. However, who knew Mitch Morse would be worth second round pick (besides Dorsey)?

me

#59 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:24 AM

I think he's a 4-3 guy. Reminds me too much of Ramik Wilson for my liking.

Not a guy that's willing to take on a blocker and fight for ground, which is a big thing I dislike with this scheme.  Doesn't really play with explosion that you'd like; also like Ramik, is more read/react instead of being aggressive and going after the ball.  Will rack up tackles after a ball carrier picked up chunks of yards.

He does best when DLinemen can soak up the blockers and he can try to anticipate what gaps to fill in.  Not physical enough for Suttons D and is probably best suited as an OLB in a 4-3.  Don't really think his tape really pops as a first rounder, either.

That's the problem I have with this ILB class.  Too many guys just don't project well in this D..sucks they have no shot at Foster.

#60 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:39 AM

If we miss out on Reddick or Cunningham, I would be fine with Davis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users