Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Free agency Signings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

Explain to me how Oakland can talk with Lynch and not be hammered for tampering. Lynch, though retired, technically is still Seattle's and he is not a free agent. At least I don't believe he is.

#22 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

That is a fair question unless they said they were talking to him about a coaching position. He would have to stay retired for 2 years to be free. So I don't really get their angle with him.

#23 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:16 AM

Explain to me how Oakland can talk with Lynch and not be hammered for tampering. Lynch, though retired, technically is still Seattle's and he is not a free agent. At least I don't believe he is.

Because Lynch does not have an active contract, so technically he currently doesn't belong to a team.  When a player retires, they are moved to the Inactive list.

While he isn't a Free Agent, he's not on an Active roster.  It's a gray area.

#24 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

Because Lynch does not have an active contract, so technically he currently doesn't belong to a team. When a player retires, they are moved to the Inactive list.

While he isn't a Free Agent, he's not on an Active roster. It's a gray area.

"Lynch officially retired last May with two years remaining on his contract with the Seahawks, so if he indeed files for reinstatement, Seattle would own his rights upon his return." "And, since he’s still under contract, any contact by the Raiders would be impermissible unless they were given consent by Seattle themselves."
  • oldtimer likes this

#25 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:34 PM

"Lynch officially retired last May with two years remaining on his contract with the Seahawks, so if he indeed files for reinstatement, Seattle would own his rights upon his return." "And, since he’s still under contract, any contact by the Raiders would be impermissible unless they were given consent by Seattle themselves."

The Raiders haven't been in contact with Lynch, directly.

#26 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

Passing on Carson Wentz could also turn out to be a disaster for the Browns

Passing on a quarterback that has proven nothing is a bad thing?

• Goldbrick likes this

#27 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:18 AM

Passing on a quarterback that has proven nothing is a bad thing?

When you have less than nothing, yep.

#28 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:11 PM

When you have less than nothing, yep.

Hahaha,,,,

Alex Smith's career could still potentially outlast Carson Wentz', and the statistical likelihood that Carson Wentz starts as many games as Alex Smith already has is actually very low.

But go on about how much you hate Smith, and continue to praise a quarterback yet to prove that he can put together more than a couple drives.

#29 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:05 AM

Hahaha,,,,

Alex Smith's career could still potentially outlast Carson Wentz', and the statistical likelihood that Carson Wentz starts as many games as Alex Smith already has is actually very low.

But go on about how much you hate Smith, and continue to praise a quarterback yet to prove that he can put together more than a couple drives.

Sure and I could potentially be the prince of Canada.

What does any of this have anything to do with Alex Smith?  Pull your head out of your ass.

• oldtimer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users