Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Looks like Mel Kiper got the message

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:41 AM

I think sitting a QB for 2 years is stupid unless they are a total project and people are overestimating how long they need to simmer.

Eventually a kid has to learn by playing.

I agree. just threw out a possible scenario of what could happen. Not likely scenario but certainly possible. 1 year should be enough. 

#42 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:12 PM

I could live with this one.

27. Kansas City (12-4) — Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida, Sr.

59. Kansas City — Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech, Jr.

91. Kansas City — Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa, rSr.

104. Kansas City — Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo, Sr.

http://www.sandiegou...0413-story.html

Wouldn't have a single bad word to say if the Chiefs ended up with that haul.  Would be an amazing draft.

#43 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 11:35 PM

Mahomes at 59? Hilarious.

#44 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:54 AM

Mahomes at 59? Hilarious.

You never know. He does need some serious fixing. The pundits have him rising fast but who knows how the teams are viewing him.

#45 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

I could live with this one.

27. Kansas City (12-4) — Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida, Sr.
59. Kansas City — Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech, Jr.
91. Kansas City — Jaleel Johnson, DT, Iowa, rSr.
104. Kansas City — Kareem Hunt, RB, Toledo, Sr.

http://www.sandiegou...0413-story.html

Wouldn't have a single bad word to say if the Chiefs ended up with that haul. Would be an amazing draft.

Love the first 2. Very meh on the last 2 picks.

#46 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:34 AM

You never know. He does need some serious fixing. The pundits have him rising fast but who knows how the teams are viewing him.

Every year the talking head convince themselves that some QB is the next hot commodity.  Remember a few years back when some QB from Notre Dame (Brady Quinn?) sat in the ready room until #22 while the media kept figuring out the next team that would certainly draft him?  Mahomes is now being touted as a mid first round pick.  We'll see in eleven days.

#47 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

Every year the talking head convince themselves that some QB is the next hot commodity. Remember a few years back when some QB from Notre Dame sat in the ready room for the whole first round while the media kept figuring out the next team that would certainly draft him? Mahomes is now being touted as a mid first round pick. We'll see in eleven days.

True. But we've also seen many very flawed qbs go way too high. Who knows anymore.

#48 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

Love the first 2. Very meh on the last 2 picks.

I think that would be a strong 4 picks, although I feel they could address RB later.  Maybe if we got a pass-rusher instead of a RB lol

This QB class is extremely hard to even begin to determine where they will come off the board.  Hardest class to peg, ever (for me at least).

#49 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

This QB class is extremely hard to even begin to determine where they will come off the board.  Hardest class to peg, ever (for me at least).

Agree.  That's why I think the Chiefs will not trade up unless both Trubinsky and Watson are gone and Mahomes is still on the board at about 23 or later.  As for RB, I'm still think Hill in the fourth might fill the bill.

#50 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

Every year the talking head convince themselves that some QB is the next hot commodity. Remember a few years back when some QB from Notre Dame (Brady Quinn?) sat in the ready room until #22 while the media kept figuring out the next team that would certainly draft him? Mahomes is now being touted as a mid first round pick. We'll see in eleven days.

And the Johnny Football draft. That was all they talked about was how crazy it was that he fell out of the top ten. Every pick they seemed stunned that he was still there.

#51 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,466 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

And the Johnny Football draft. That was all they talked about was how crazy it was that he fell out of the top ten. Every pick they seemed stunned that he was still there.

I'm not against grabbing Mahomes in the first round if he doesn't cost too much.  I am against trading two firsts and a third for someone who could be a future starter or even a star QB but is just as likely to become a bust.  We don't know that a second day pick isn't just as likely to succeed.  It not like the Chiefs don't have other glaring needs.  A future QB is at the top of the list, but not worth trading away so much on a hope and a prayer.

#52 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

I'm not against grabbing Mahomes in the first round if he doesn't cost too much. I am against trading two firsts and a third for someone who could be a future starter or even a star QB but is just as likely to become a bust. We don't know that a second day pick isn't just as likely to succeed. It not like the Chiefs don't have other glaring needs. A future QB is at the top of the list, but not worth trading away so much on a hope and a prayer.

I don't see Dorsey trading a bunch of picks for one player. He knows they will be up against the cap for a few years and will also have to extend Peters. He will have to fill holes with draft picks.

But, if he does use multiple picks on one guy, I'll have to trust him, I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users