Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs 1st Round Draft Pick Prediction 2017

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

Wouldn't mind those selections

#22 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

Have to keep trying to hit on a QB...unless we like only coming close to a championship for half a century.

#23 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Can you define what you're referring to as the elephant rusher? Chiefs don't usually play an elephant position ala Pete Carroll but rather just WOLB and SOLB. The SOLB would be where hali and Ford are so I assume that's what we are referring to. Most times the elephant is synonymous with the Leo position Carroll uses. Usually it's on the weakside though is it not?

Either way I don't see how qualls is remotely qualified to play any olb position in a 34.

#24 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

I thought he meant NT.

#25 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

I thought he meant NT.

Gotcha.

#26 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

It wouldn't hurt to get a NT, but yeah an Elephant rusher is a guy that moves around a lot depending on the circumstance and will sometimes be an inside rusher and/or hand in the dirt guy.

The difference between leo and elephants is defensive alignment, elephant rushers are usually bigger and leo's are basically strictly edge rushers either standing or hand in ground. Elephants sometimes are used to interior rushing.

The Chiefs got away from that because Tamba is worn down and they don't have another guy that can do it, but I'd bwt Sutton would givw up his right buttcheek to have another.

#27 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:11 PM

It wouldn't hurt to get a NT, but yeah an Elephant rusher is a guy that moves around a lot depending on the circumstance and will sometimes be an inside rusher and/or hand in the dirt guy.

The difference between leo and elephants is defensive alignment, elephant rushers are usually bigger and leo's are basically strictly edge rushers either standing or hand in ground. Elephants sometimes are used to interior rushing.

The Chiefs got away from that because Tamba is worn down and they don't have another guy that can do it, but I'd bwt Sutton would givw up his right buttcheek to have another.

trade up for that LB from bama? If he drops to the 20's?

#28 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

trade up for that LB from bama? If he drops to the 20's?

I don't think he would fill that role (were talking about Foster, yes?), but that would be one heck of a DJ replacement.

I wouldn't blame the Chiefs if they moved up to get him if he slipped out of the top 15.
  • oldtimer likes this

#29 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

As for filling the Elephant role, i like the possibility with Walker out Florida St and Hunter Dimick as a late round flier.

#30 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

As for filling the Elephant role, i like the possibility with Walker out Florida St and Hunter Dimick as a late round flier.

Yeah. I like Dimick. Definite sleeper.

#31 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

Scouts Inc. Top 32 Players 2017

#14 CB Kevin King, 6'3" 200lbs Washington

#32 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:56 AM

Where's Eraser?

#33 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

Where's Eraser?

he took some time off

• DefensiveMan likes this

#34 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

There was a guy on am810 today that said that he didn't think the Chiefs would draft a QB in round #1, he thought the Chiefs would go with either a CB or ILB and that the pick would come from either the Washington Huskies or the Florida Gators and yes he did mention the name Kevin King because he can play both CB and S. ;)

CBSSportsline.com now has CB Kevin King ranked at #22, so chances are he will be taken by the Raiders or Seahawks.

#35 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

I just don't see CB being the pick unless a top tier one slides. I can't think of one good reason to spend the top pick on a #2 CB in a balls deep class.

The top needs are QB and ILB. They will get one of those.

#36 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:18 AM

Mully and I picked Tamba Hali a decade ago. Since that time I am 0 for 11 although only missed by one on Paxton Lynch last year

#37 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

I saw a mock draft today that had the Chiefs taking QB Davis Webb in the 1st round.

#38 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,111 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

I saw a mock draft today that had the Chiefs taking QB Davis Webb in the 1st round.

If Watson and Lynch are both out of reach in the first, it would be surprising for the Chiefs to go after a second tier QB at #27.  Once the top four are gone, they might just wait for day two and take a Peterman type.  The team has a lot of trading power in this draft with all their choices. 

#39 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:57 AM

Two boards; CBS and NFL Network have us taking Mahomes at 27. I'm leaning towards him as being the future of this organization.

http://www.cbssports...ll-school-star/

#40 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,470 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:22 AM

Not at 27.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users