Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

you guys will like this

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

driving around today and we see a dude on the side of the road holding a sign asking for money.  my daughter (she is 6) asks what he is doing.  i said asking for money.

she says "well he needs to get a job"

• MAUI, kcchief4lif, oldtimer and 3 others like this

#2 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

Ha ha.., Gotta love the children..,

#3 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:45 PM

driving around today and we see a dude on the side of the road holding a sign asking for money.  my daughter (she is 6) asks what he is doing.  i said asking for money.

Hope you don't corrupt her.   :)

#4 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:06 PM

Hope you don't corrupt her. :)

Too late. When she sees trump on tv she says "ugh not him again"

#5 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

Too late. When she sees trump on tv she says "ugh not him again"

so do I

#6 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:02 AM

so do I

So does 70% of the country.  80% say the same about Hillary.

• oldtimer and mex like this

#7 KC Warpaint

KC Warpaint

King Of Nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

I see a lot of people outside of places like Sam's Club with signs, but this weekend i saw a lady waiting at the exit of our church parking lot with a sign. :wacko: :(

#8 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

I see a lot of people outside of places like Sam's Club with signs, but this weekend i saw a lady waiting at the exit of our church parking lot with a sign. :wacko: :(

should be a good place to beg for money

#9 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

People like to beg at churches, they feel that since a person goes to church they are obligated to give at every turn.

My question to all, when is enough, enough? I mean a person, a group and even a country can't give to everyone.

Pan handlers remind me of libs, many believe it's better for someone else to pay for thei lives than to go to work.

I have seen plenty of these folks asking for handouts right across the street from a place with a help wanted sign.

#10 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:00 PM

People like to beg at churches, they feel that since a person goes to church they are obligated to give at every turn.

My question to all, when is enough, enough? I mean a person, a group and even a country can't give to everyone.

Pan handlers remind me of libs, many believe it's better for someone else to pay for thei lives than to go to work.

I have seen plenty of these folks asking for handouts right across the street from a place with a help wanted sign.

maybe they didn't get hired there.

#11 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,193 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:20 PM

apparently the Russian Mafia wants to get in on this thread.

w

#12 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

apparently the Russian Mafia wants to get in on this thread.

w

I thought it was just a long Wilkie post. 

#13 KC Warpaint

KC Warpaint

King Of Nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

I had a guy approach me a few years ago in a grocery store parking lot, he needed a few bucks for gas to get back to DC. I gave him a dollar or two... five minutes later i ran into the same guy at the liquor store (he had two of those miller tall cans of beer) that ruined it for everybody after that..i feel that i cannot trust that person begging.

I heard that the really good beggars make a better living doing that then they would at a 9-5 job, and some drive BMW's or other nice cars....

#14 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

I had a guy approach me a few years ago in a grocery store parking lot, he needed a few bucks for gas to get back to DC. I gave him a dollar or two... five minutes later i ran into the same guy at the liquor store (he had two of those miller tall cans of beer) that ruined it for everybody after that..i feel that i cannot trust that person begging.

I heard that the really good beggars make a better living doing that then they would at a 9-5 job, and some drive BMW's or other nice cars....

No good deed goes unpunished.

I have heard those same stories too Paint. Not sure if they are urban legends or what, but one thing is certain about most of those people: They are not trying to support families, they are trying to support their own bad habits.

#15 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

We have several friends that make it a practice to carry around some McDonalds gift certificates, bottles of water, a few snacky things, etc. and then hand those out to anyone who approaches for money for food.  I've never done that, but might try it since giving cash is probably going to be wasted on booze or drugs.  Hard to ignore someone in need, but also hard to trust their stories about why they're in need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users