Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

If We Only Didn't Know Her.....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

Shattered’ Author: Clinton’s Campaign Believed If More In Midwest ‘Knew About the Election, It Would Hurt Her’

by Ian Hanchett18 Apr 2017

On Tuesday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “First 100 Days,” Jonathan Allen, a columnist at Roll Call and one of the authors of the book “Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton’s Doomed Campaign,” stated that Clinton’s campaign believed that “if more people” in the Midwest knew about the election, “it would hurt her.”

Allen said, “[S]ome of those Midwestern states, particularly in Michigan and a bit and Wisconsin, her campaign believed that if more people knew about the election, it would hurt her. So, one of the reasons that they said that they didn’t spend as much time there, didn’t send her as much, in fact, she never set foot in Wisconsin in this campaign, was the idea that she would actually create a backlash for herself if more people were aware of the election.”

#2 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:06 PM

It's not more people knowing about the election that would have killed her chances, it's people know knowing about HER.  This has to be a first in that the candidate with the highest popularity with the MSM had the lowest connection factor with the voters.  Even a 90%+ favorable coverage factor and a terrible opposition candidate couldn't overcome her attitudes, arrogance, and criminal past.  We don't need another book about the Clintons to figure that out.

• mex likes this

#3 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Most of us knew she was a horrible candidate going in...

What we did not know was just how over the line the MSM was for HER.

What we did not know was how much the DNC would rig the election to get her as their candidate.

What we did not know was that the American Voter was capable of distinguishing bullshit from Truth.

Just enough did.

w

#4 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

Most of us knew she was a horrible candidate going in...

What we did not know was just how over the line the MSM was for HER.

What we did not know was how much the DNC would rig the election to get her as their candidate.

What we did not know was that the American Voter was capable of distinguishing bullshit from Truth.

Just enough did.

w

Well... I wouldn't go as far as the last statement. Trump is a champion bullshit slinger himself. Which is why it's all the more bizarre that he was a better candidate. How shitty do you have to be for Trump to look like a reasonable alternative. Guess now we know. Hillary Clinton shitty.
  • omahacolt and mex like this

#5 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:47 PM

I think with Trump it has to come back to his actual policies and his actions.

That's my thinking on Hillary as well.  She was not only seemingly horrific, her actions proved it.

The DNC was not just "seemingly corrupt"...they absolutely proved they were 100% corrupt.

The MSM has always been "seemingly biased to the left", their actions in this past campaign and up to today has proven that they are either the propaganda wing of the progressive movement or they are the actual movement.

I am still waiting for evidence that Trump is anything more than an asshole.

w

#6 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

It's not more people knowing about the election that would have killed her chances, it's people know knowing about HER.  This has to be a first in that the candidate with the highest popularity with the MSM had the lowest connection factor with the voters.  Even a 90%+ favorable coverage factor and a terrible opposition candidate couldn't overcome her attitudes, arrogance, and criminal past.  We don't need another book about the Clintons to figure that out.

nah nah nah

the problem is.... flyover country is filled with misogynists

#7 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

Well... I wouldn't go as far as the last statement. Trump is a champion bullshit slinger himself. Which is why it's all the more bizarre that he was a better candidate. How shitty do you have to be for Trump to look like a reasonable alternative. Guess now we know. Hillary Clinton shitty.

So much truth, so few words.

Well done as usual, xen.

#8 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

So far, trump has done one thing I like. Neil Gorsuch.

He's wrong on the wall

He's wrong on protectionism

he's wrong on drug legalization

he's wrong on bombing syria

the jury is still out on NK

#9 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:23 PM

That's why we are friends...

The wall is one part of the plan.  He is also taking away the incentives as you have suggested.  Visa reviews have started.

Is requiring our trade partners give American Companies the Same Benefits we give their companies protectionism?

Syria was a message to many regimes....Too soon to say if it worked or if it failed.

No sure about drug legalization, what has he proposed that has you concerned?

w

#10 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

That's why we are friends...

The wall is one part of the plan.  He is also taking away the incentives as you have suggested.  Visa reviews have started.

Is requiring our trade partners give American Companies the Same Benefits we give their companies protectionism?

Syria was a message to many regimes....Too soon to say if it worked or if it failed.

No sure about drug legalization, what has he proposed that has you concerned?

w

The wall is a horrible idea, no matter how it is parsed. One, to get it done, you must use one of Trump's favorite things... eminent domain... to enforce it. That doesn;'t bode well for property owners, as they are steamrolled for a political agenda. Two, it is a completely unnecessary expense. Turn off the magnet. COMPLETELY.  No need for a wall, because it isn't profitable for wetbacks to work under that table, and send their money back to mayheeko... while living off food stamps, housing subsidies, medicaid and WIC.

I can agree with playing on a level field. But the real problem, is the inequity of labor costs between the US and pretty much everywhere else in the world. If I can get a widget fabricated for 3.00 in the Philippines, and that same widget costs 15.00 in CA... then fuck CA. Just because their employers are taxed into oblivion by the idiots in the CA legislature, doesn't mean I should pay three times as much to do business RIGHT HERE IN THE STATES. My business hires AMERICANS, pays taxes in AMERICA and contributes exclusively to AMERICA. Don't force me to use overpaid CA employees and overtaxed CA businesses, to supply me with the means of production. I can do that on my own thank you, while creating and maintaining AMERICAN jobs.

Agreed that it might be too early to judge on Syria, but this is only a success if it ends now. If we need more boots on the ground, it is a dismal failure, and proves that Trump has been influenced by the military industrial complex.

Trump's drug czar is Tom Marino. Bought and paid for by Big Pharma. Trump says he's pro business. Nothing will help business more than legalizing pot. It will increase the number of legal businesses paying taxes. It will result in higher employment. It will result in higher property values. It will result in higher tax revenues, which enables municipalities to actually LOWER taxes. (conservative municipalities... we all know progressives never lower taxes) Legalizing pot will also empty out like 20% of the nation's jail cells, saving costs and enabling localities to imprison violent offenders, instead of turning them loose because of overcrowding. It will also reduce the burden on law enforcement, allowing them to focus on real crimes... those crimes which violate individual rights like fraud and property crimes.

Like I said... Trump has a long way to go before we can say he's doing well.

But make no mistake. I am enjoying... indeed relishing... his presidency, and the absolute butt-bleeding he is causing the liberal media and hollywood. In 3D, even.

22809838-Men-at-the-cinema-Excited-young

• kcchief4lif and omahacolt like this

#11 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

The wall is a horrible idea, no matter how it is parsed. One, to get it done, you must use one of Trump's favorite things... eminent domain... to enforce it. That doesn;'t bode well for property owners, as they are steamrolled for a political agenda. Two, it is a completely unnecessary expense. Turn off the magnet. COMPLETELY. No need for a wall, because it isn't profitable for wetbacks to work under that table, and send their money back to mayheeko... while living off food stamps, housing subsidies, medicaid and WIC.

I can agree with playing on a level field. But the real problem, is the inequity of labor costs between the US and pretty much everywhere else in the world. If I can get a widget fabricated for 3.00 in the Philippines, and that same widget costs 15.00 in CA... then fuck CA. Just because their employers are taxed into oblivion by the idiots in the CA legislature, doesn't mean I should pay three times as much to do business RIGHT HERE IN THE STATES. My business hires AMERICANS, pays taxes in AMERICA and contributes exclusively to AMERICA. Don't force me to use overpaid CA employees and overtaxed CA businesses, to supply me with the means of production. I can do that on my own thank you, while creating and maintaining AMERICAN jobs.

Agreed that it might be too early to judge on Syria, but this is only a success if it ends now. If we need more boots on the ground, it is a dismal failure, and proves that Trump has been influenced by the military industrial complex.

Trump's drug czar is Tom Marino. Bought and paid for by Big Pharma. Trump says he's pro business. Nothing will help business more than legalizing pot. It will increase the number of legal businesses paying taxes. It will result in higher employment. It will result in higher property values. It will result in higher tax revenues, which enables municipalities to actually LOWER taxes. (conservative municipalities... we all know progressives never lower taxes) Legalizing pot will also empty out like 20% of the nation's jail cells, saving costs and enabling localities to imprison violent offenders, instead of turning them loose because of overcrowding. It will also reduce the burden on law enforcement, allowing them to focus on real crimes... those crimes which violate individual rights like fraud and property crimes.

But make no mistake. I am enjoying... indeed relishing... his presidency, and the absolute butt-bleeding he is causing the liberal media and hollywood. In 3D, even.

You just ship all that beer in from China, don't you. :lol:

I agree SO much with your opinion of legalization. And, you make some great points. The Liberty aspect is my biggest problem with prohibition. Your cited issues add to the pie. I say legalize all of it. Use those drug war finances on treatment. Clean out the prisons. Any drug can be acquired by anyone at any time, legal or not. CONTROL and MONEY are the only reasons for criminalizing it, because as much as our overseers state that they are just looking out for us, they could care less about our health.
  • mex likes this

#12 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:35 PM

So far, trump has done one thing I like. Neil Gorsuch.

He's wrong on the wall

He's wrong on protectionism

he's wrong on drug legalization

he's wrong on bombing syria

the jury is still out on NK

He's right on Keystone and opening up drilling areas.

He's right on cutting some of the worst regulations dictated by the EPA.

Jury's out on Syria and the Afghan MOAB.

Wait and see if he can organize congress to pass tax reform and squash ObamaCare, but I'm not hopeful at the moment.

#13 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:25 AM

He's right on Keystone and opening up drilling areas.

He's right on cutting some of the worst regulations dictated by the EPA.

Jury's out on Syria and the Afghan MOAB.

Wait and see if he can organize congress to pass tax reform and squash ObamaCare, but I'm not hopeful at the moment.

thanks jet. he is indeed right on keystone... and the epa 

#14 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:32 AM

pretty sure he just let Vets use public emergency care today...

w

#15 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:57 AM

The wall is a horrible idea, no matter how it is parsed. One, to get it done, you must use one of Trump's favorite things... eminent domain... to enforce it. That doesn;'t bode well for property owners, as they are steamrolled for a political agenda. Two, it is a completely unnecessary expense. Turn off the magnet. COMPLETELY. No need for a wall, because it isn't profitable for wetbacks to work under that table, and send their money back to mayheeko... while living off food stamps, housing subsidies, medicaid and WIC.

word.

#16 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:52 PM

nah nah nah

the problem is.... flyover country is filled with misogynists

I've know women who liked being misogged, especially if one started around the neck and shoulders and went on from there.

• mex likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users