Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Been Awhile....so lets talk QB

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Alex Smith? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

I think Alex Smith....

1. is the best QB....evah! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. is the Chief's Qb, so..... (7 votes [31.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

3. is a decent QB (12 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

4. is a below average QB (2 votes [9.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

5. is a total suck ass QB and we should sing Tim Tebow (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. he's no Ryan Russel or Jamarcus Leaf !!!! (1 votes [4.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Been out of the loop even though some of us are friends (are we really "friends" tho?) on Facebook but the schedule release has me thinking so I popped on back in.

Thought a fun poll would loosen it up...

#2 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

Hey Hands..good to see your still up and kickings.

Smith is decent yet  I think  on the verge of a big drop  into mediocre..KC needs to think of the future but not really convinced  the available lot has much to offer in the long term

#3 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:20 PM

He is OK. Maybe a smidge above average. I am hoping for someone better, but don't want to lose him until it happens.

I think there is a good chance he will get extended. Unless they get their guy in the draft and think one year is enough time to get ready.

#4 WichitaZRide

WichitaZRide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

He's not bad...he's just not great.  In this world we've been trained to believe that you cannot win without a great QB.  He might be slightly above average.  But he's getting older, and we've seen his ceiling.  I just don't believe he has the ceiling for a deep playoff run.  I'd personally like to hold off one year, draft a QB next year, and bring in a cheap vet to be the projected starter.  Alex just isn't worth the 21 mill he's slated to get next season, regardless of what you think about his ability. 

#5 Spfdchiefsfan

Spfdchiefsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:24 PM

Been out of the loop even though some of us are friends (are we really "friends" tho?) on Facebook but the schedule release has me thinking so I popped on back in.

Who are you??

• oldtimer and jetlord like this

#6 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

The Chiefs need to find a QB they can develop and hopefully will become elite.  In the meantime, Smith is good enough to get the Chiefs into the playoffs and maybe the big dance if everything falls into place.  He may also frustrate everyone by missing the wide open deep guy or checking down when the team needs the big play.  There may be no QB available in this year's draft worth trading up very far.  Even the best scouts and evaluators whiff over 50% of the time.  Smith gets this year and one more at most until his replacement is ready.

• oldtimer likes this

#7 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:23 PM

I thought the poll was lame, and then I saw who submitted it.

Is Flacco elite?

#8 KC Warpaint

KC Warpaint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

I thought the poll was lame, and then I saw who submitted it.

Is Flacco elite?

lighten up francis, it was all in fun

• oldtimer likes this

#9 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:00 AM

Alex Smith is an above average quarterback. Not elite...and not horrible. I say this based on the fact he is like the third winningest QB in the NFL over the past 5 years.That has to account for something. His QB rating the past few years has been solid if not spectacular. He doesn't dazzle you with numbers but this isn't fantasy football. He wins games...period. Unfortunately, the post season is a different animal.

Opinions vary on him. Some NFL execs think he is not capable of taking a team to the Super Bowl and some do. So where does that leave you? Adding your opinion to one side of the ledger.

#10 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:57 AM

Sucks

#11 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:40 PM

Alex Doesn't suck.. I don't know that he is the greatest of all time, but he doesn't suck. worst of all time, might of been the guy he replaced. so...

#12 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:43 PM

but i think this is what Alex thinks....https://www.youtube....h?v=LvoV2Lfk7Qg

#13 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Alex Doesn't suck.. I don't know that he is the greatest of all time, but he doesn't suck. worst of all time, might of been the guy he replaced. so...

He is by far the best QB we have had since Trent. And that was mid way through the 2006 season. Throwing him on the scrap heap with no one to replace him with is lunacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users