Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Another Perspective

Elliot Harrison

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#141 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Meh, I remembered the detail from a larger project I did recently concerning the general success or failure occurring when teams trade up to take a quarterback.

Since the common draft started, no team has traded up for a quarterback and won a Super Bowl with them. I've never attributed causation to the correlation, but it's a pretty significant track record. The Ravens fan tried to present Joe Flacco as an exception to that history, and I already knew it was wrong. The only thing I had to Google was from what draft position the Ravens traded back before they traded up again.

I never "presented" anything....

The FU going on is the "Dodge-Fu" Phatal keeps playing in order to remain, in his mind, "correct" about a post or opinion. You pull pieces from a post in order to justify your opinion.

So because the Ravens traded Back, then UP, they really didn't TRADE UP?

WTF man.....

#142 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:55 AM

So because the Ravens traded Back, then UP, they really didn't TRADE UP?

As a general rule, when comparing apples to apples, I make sure that there isn't an apple posing as an orange.

Speaking of posing, why are you calling me out for this when you know full well what people are thinking when one uses the term, "Trading up"? Who is the one splitting hairs here?

#143 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

As a general rule, when comparing apples to apples, I make sure that there isn't an apple posing as an orange.

Speaking of posing, why are you calling me out for this when you know full well what people are thinking when one uses the term, "Trading up"? Who is the one splitting hairs here?

So all of a sudden, if you trade back, then trade up its not a Trade up....its not legit?

Seriously GTFOver your inability to be wrong. Plenty of people who write about football for a living agree that the Ravens "Traded UP" to get Flacco and then he won a SB.

You are wrong. You just can't handle the Truth, LT Caffey.....

#144 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:40 PM

Dak Prescott had more yards and TD's than Alex Smith, Smith will be replaced this year.

After six-and-a-half quarters, Dak Prescott is 40/63, 365 passing yards, 2 passing touchdowns, and 1 interception. His team is about to be 1-1 for the season.

Who is Dak Prescott, anyway?

#145 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:23 AM

After six-and-a-half quarters, Dak Prescott is 40/63, 365 passing yards, 2 passing touchdowns, and 1 interception. His team is about to be 1-1 for the season.

Who is Dak Prescott, anyway?

Prescott, is overrated and Denver has opened up the blue print on how to stop them. Take Elliott out of the game and force Dak to beat you.

#146 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:11 AM

Prescott, is overrated and Denver has opened up the blue print on how to stop them. Take Elliott out of the game and force Dak to beat you.

Umm..I don't think the Chiefs run defense is a capable of taking Elliott out of the game as the Donks'

was.  

• oldtimer likes this

#147 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:15 AM

So far Alex Smith is 2-0! And really playing his heart out.

• KCSLC2008 likes this

#148 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:16 AM

Denver is a soft run blocking D. 

They benefit from arguably the NFL best secondary allowing them to commit more resources to defending the run.  Miller did great making Collins his bitch.  Having the best secondary, edge rusher and thinner air is not exactly a blue print easy to replicate.

#149 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:21 AM

So far Alex Smith is 2-0! And really playing his heart out.

I agree Alex has been solid for the first two games...but I think most fans are beyond rising and falling with Alex during the season. It's all about the playoffs for me and I think most here would concur. Chiefs can go 11-5, 12-4, 13-3...but if they get bounced in the divisional round again (like the past 2 years) then it's another year of "what might have been."

#150 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

I agree Alex has been solid for the first two games...but I think most fans are beyond rising and falling with Alex during the season. It's all about the playoffs for me and I think most here would concur. Chiefs can go 11-5, 12-4, 13-3...but if they get bounced in the divisional round again (like the past 2 years) then it's another year of "what might have been."

But about that 13-3: Does that earn the Chiefs the One-Seed in the AFC this year?

Once the Chiefs beat the Patriots, it made every other team in the league look mortal. The Chiefs have a tough home game against the Steelers, and the Broncos appear to be better than originally thought. Even so, it no longer seems homeristic to imagine the Chiefs as anything better than a 12-4 team this season.

#151 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

13-3 gets you the #1 Seed this year.  I don't think it's that big of a deal like it used to be as it seems the Arrowhead advantage isn't what it used to be.

#152 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

13-3 gets you the #1 Seed this year.  I don't think it's that big of a deal like it used to be as it seems the Arrowhead advantage isn't what it used to be.

When some fans can't get excited over a 13-3 team that beats the prior year's Super Bowl winning team because they want to see the quarterback on the bench instead of the quarterback on the field, it says something about the fans. It's hard for one to cheer today when their head is stuck in tomorrow.

#153 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

How many playoff games did the Arrowhead Advantage win since some guy named Dawson retired?

Its about TEAM in the playoffs.  Chiefs need to patch up some holes, but they are on track.

Stopping the run may not be their biggest strength, but they are working on it.

Logan, Howard, Jones &  Bailey are improving.

Wilson is better, DJ is still DJ and Houston is playing at a very high level again.

I am hoping Ragland comes back strong...he could help plenty.

Bottom Line, the offense is loaded with explosive players. 

Smith is not holding them back in any way.

This team is very dangerous if they can stay healthy....

w

• KCSLC2008 likes this

#154 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

Arrowhead advantage wasn't so much following the 1995 and 1997 seasons.   :angry:

#155 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 11:02 PM

When some fans can't get excited over a 13-3 team that beats the prior year's Super Bowl winning team because they want to see the quarterback on the bench instead of the quarterback on the field, it says something about the fans. It's hard for one to cheer today when their head is stuck in tomorrow.

God you're a total sperg. Your tongue is so far in Alex's butthole that you took that as some Alex thing over the fact that KC is better on the road than home for some reason.

You be you though.

#156 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:23 AM

...the fact that KC is better on the road than home for some reason.

Super Bowl-Era Chiefs' Franchise Record:

235-153-4 at home (60.5%)

170-220-4 away (43.6%)

Super Bowl-Era NFL Record:

6538-4839-84 at home (57.4%)

4839-6538-84 away (42.6%)

How exactly are you trying to split this so as to try to make something untrue seem true?

#157 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:29 AM

Losing streak of 5 games at home in the playoffs.

Run along now junior. Playoff squads aren't scared to come in here and win.

#158 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 04:49 AM

Home Crowds don't block or catch passes. Just something to keep in mind. 

But the crowd is doing their part.

#159 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:05 AM

Wow, really? Mind blowing analysis.

#160 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member