Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Another Perspective

Elliot Harrison

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#141 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:49 PM

Meh, I remembered the detail from a larger project I did recently concerning the general success or failure occurring when teams trade up to take a quarterback.

Since the common draft started, no team has traded up for a quarterback and won a Super Bowl with them. I've never attributed causation to the correlation, but it's a pretty significant track record. The Ravens fan tried to present Joe Flacco as an exception to that history, and I already knew it was wrong. The only thing I had to Google was from what draft position the Ravens traded back before they traded up again.

I never "presented" anything....

The FU going on is the "Dodge-Fu" Phatal keeps playing in order to remain, in his mind, "correct" about a post or opinion. You pull pieces from a post in order to justify your opinion.

So because the Ravens traded Back, then UP, they really didn't TRADE UP?

WTF man.....

#142 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:55 AM

So because the Ravens traded Back, then UP, they really didn't TRADE UP?

As a general rule, when comparing apples to apples, I make sure that there isn't an apple posing as an orange.

Speaking of posing, why are you calling me out for this when you know full well what people are thinking when one uses the term, "Trading up"? Who is the one splitting hairs here?

#143 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

As a general rule, when comparing apples to apples, I make sure that there isn't an apple posing as an orange.

Speaking of posing, why are you calling me out for this when you know full well what people are thinking when one uses the term, "Trading up"? Who is the one splitting hairs here?

So all of a sudden, if you trade back, then trade up its not a Trade up....its not legit?

Seriously GTFOver your inability to be wrong. Plenty of people who write about football for a living agree that the Ravens "Traded UP" to get Flacco and then he won a SB.

You are wrong. You just can't handle the Truth, LT Caffey.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users