Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Trump fires James Comey, FBI director

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:07 AM

We needed a change.., Trump is a case where the situation defines the man.., Could have just as well been somebody else as him..,  The beauty of a Republic is that, left to itself, the power lies in the center and the pendulum will always pass center on its way back if taken too far in either direction.., Trump's election was just a correction..,

The job of every thinking citizen is to make sure the pendulum is allowed to swing without outside interference from agenda driven entities.., Privileges and guarantees afforded by the First Amendment are not a free pass to disrupt and change the Constitutional mandated right to an electoral process.., The day that the "fourth estate" is put on a ballot and duly elected is the day I give them a say in the affairs of government.., Until then, objectively report the news or shut the fuck up..,   Make no mistake, Big Media is Big Brother.., Don't anybody fall asleep on guard..,

• jetlord likes this

#162 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:13 AM

Yep...

Here is a nice read...

Comey's revenge is a gun without powder

By Gregg Jarrett

Published May 16, 2017

James Comey was lying in wait. 

His gun was cocked, he took aim and fired.  But his weapon was empty. 

Three months ago, the then-FBI Director met with President Trump.  Following their private conversation, Comey did what he always does –he wrote a memorandum to himself memorializing the conversation.  Good lawyers do that routinely.  

Now, only after Comey was fired, the memo magically surfaces in an inflammatory New York Times report which alleges that Mr. Trump asked Comey to end the Michael Flynn investigation.  

Those who don’t know the first thing about the law immediately began hurling words like “obstruction of justice”, “high crimes and misdemeanors” and “impeachment“.   Typically, these people don’t know what they don’t know. 

Here is what we do know. 

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States.  Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey.  (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361)  He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law. 

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ?  If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it. 

Obstruction requires what’s called “specific intent” to interfere with a criminal case.  If Comey concluded, however, that Trump’s language was vague, ambiguous or elliptical, then he has no duty under the law to report it because it does not rise to the level of specific intent.  Thus, no crime.    

There is no evidence Comey ever alerted officials at the Justice Department, as he is duty-bound to do.  Surely if he had, that incriminating information would have made its way to the public either by an indictment or, more likely, an investigation that could hardly be kept confidential in the intervening months.

Comey’s memo is being treated as a “smoking gun” only because the media and Democrats, likely prompted by Comey himself, are now peddling it that way.

• BroncoStud likes this

#163 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:35 AM

They're the enemy the way I see it.., NYT, WAPO and CNN.., The Three Muskastooges..,  They want to topple the government.., They lie and bend shit and ambiguate  headlines.., Its like honey from the devil's mouth and you have to wonder what fucking idiot actually believes that shit.., But I guess somebody does or they wouldn't keep at it..,  Wave after wave of sewage hitting the shore.., Day after day.., Hypodermic needles, plastic bags and body parts.., Sickening I tell ya..,

I used to think that a free press was the only thing telling us the truth.., Not so sure about that anymore.., I think we're under siege.., JMHO

• BroncoStud likes this

#164 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

They're the enemy the way I see it.., NYT, WAPO and CNN.., The Three Muskastooges..,  They want to topple the government.., They lie and bend shit and ambiguate  headlines.., Its like honey from the devil's mouth and you have to wonder what fucking idiot actually believes that shit.., But I guess somebody does or they wouldn't keep at it..,  Wave after wave of sewage hitting the shore.., Day after day.., Hypodermic needles, plastic bags and body parts.., Sickening I tell ya..,

I used to think that a free press was the only thing telling us the truth.., Not so sure about that anymore.., I think we're under siege.., JMHO

thats coffee  on the key board funny right there :lol:

#165 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:00 PM

They're the enemy the way I see it.., NYT, WAPO and CNN.., The Three Muskastooges..,  They want to topple the government.., They lie and bend shit and ambiguate  headlines.., 

"ambiguate" ???  Yo shure do use some fancy wording there, island boy.

#166 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

"ambiguate" ???  Yo shure do use some fancy wording there, island boy.

Hey.., I'm a lot more than just another pretty face.., But I have to give The Captain credit for that one..,

• oldtimer likes this

#167 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

Hey.., I'm a lot more than just another pretty face.., But I have to give The Captain credit for that one..,

You oh my wife an apology, I just blew a mouth full of russet potatoes on her.
  • MAUI and oldtimer like this

#168 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

NYT is getting blasted for hiring a conservative for op eds. The horror!!!
A different opinion! OMG I might accidentally read someone else's opinion and ***gasp*** disagree with it. I could be scarred for literally hours.

#169 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

NYT is getting blasted for hiring a conservative for op eds. The horror!!!
A different opinion! OMG I might accidentally read someone else's opinion and ***gasp*** disagree with it. I could be scarred for literally hours.

They need to find a safe place, preferably a cool one where snowflakes won't melt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users