Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Mizzou closing dorms and laying off staff

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:38 AM

Looks like all the progressive posturing they've been doing has started to affect their enrollment.  Freshman class down 24% in just one year. 7 dorms being shut down.

The free market works.  Always.

http://www.stltoday....f1783ad81e.html

#2 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:42 AM

Good.  When you embrace bigotry and hypocrisy, which they did with BLM, you deserve this. 

#3 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,283 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:09 AM

Cesspool

#4 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:55 AM

[probably because nobody can afford it.., It ain't a bad University..,

#5 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,283 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:32 AM

Mizzou (and most other universities) are not bad, as long as you buy into the social justice mantra being spewed by the perpetually outraged liberals that dominate campus life. Those with dissenting, unpopular views, that are there to actually get an education, end up spending a hell of a lot of money to be miserable.

#6 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

I used to be a fan of the mizzou football team... especially when they joined the sec

after these last few years tho, I gotta wonder how those ranting and raving progressive maniacs are tolerated by the common-sense people of Missouri.  doesn't seem like it fits

boggles the mind it does

#7 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

I used to be a fan of the mizzou football team... especially when they joined the sec

after these last few years tho, I gotta wonder how those ranting and raving progressive maniacs are tolerated by the common-sense people of Missouri.  doesn't seem like it fits

boggles the mind it does

The progressive takeover is not being tolerated.  Enrollment is down, but donations and support from the people is even lower.  Lots of acquaintances are Mizzou alums or supporters and most I know are disgusted and want nothing more to do with the school until it's reformed.  Not likely to happen in the present academic climate.

#8 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:01 AM

The school has a muslim problem.

#9 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

The progressive takeover is not being tolerated.  Enrollment is down, but donations and support from the people is even lower.  Lots of acquaintances are Mizzou alums or supporters and most I know are disgusted and want nothing more to do with the school until it's reformed.  Not likely to happen in the present academic climate.

that's the only thing they can do, and it will be effective.

progressives love money way more than conservatives... that's the truth

they're feeling the pain mark my words

#10 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:56 AM

Meh. Donations this year to the football team set a new record.

Sad that a small percent of idiot students and faculty has been allowed to paint the whole university. Failure of leadership.

Still they have a better free speech rating based on actual policies than many universities. Kansas is rated red. Red is not good btw.

#11 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:09 AM

all that free speech gonna sound awesome echoing in those 7 empty residence halls

enrollment was down last year, and it's down another 25% this year... that's huge given college enrollment is growing everywhere else

they're hurting, guaranteed their leadership is in crisis mode

#12 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:17 AM

all that free speech gonna sound awesome echoing in those 7 empty residence halls

enrollment was down last year, and it's down another 25% this year... that's huge given college enrollment is growing everywhere else

they're hurting, guaranteed their leadership is in crisis mode

Good. They need to get a system president with balls. Btw enrollment is down most places. Has been trending that way for years now. Not to that extent but I wonder how much of it is because of the numbskulls.

Unfortunately they can always win some football games and many will forget. Then nothing has to change.

I hope not. That bullshit would not have flown when I went there.

#13 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:24 AM

Good. They need to get a system president with balls. Btw enrollment is down most places. Has been trending that way for years now. Not to that extent but I wonder how much of it is because of the numbskulls.

Unfortunately they can always win some football games and many will forget. Then nothing has to change.

I hope not. That bullshit would not have flown when I went there.

always liked mizzou and i'll still root for them to win... plus, I hate me some sec teams so go tigers

#14 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:15 AM

boggles the mind it does

I have two of my cousins kids that graduated Mizzou in the last 4 years.., They ain't stupid and seem to be doin alright.., The way i see it, Mizzou is a pretty good school, interfering politics only have a place if you let it..,

I figure if you're makin noise you ain't workin..,

• kcchief4lif and Chiefs Convert like this

#15 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:20 AM

Had a  cousin die today.., He was a good man.., Cancer is the devil..,

#16 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,283 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

Had a cousin die today.., He was a good man.., Cancer is the devil..,

Sorry, bro.

#17 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:56 AM

S'all good.., he was cool.., Hit the Knob Creek and wished him well..,

If I get some time this fall I might head down toward the Cape.., Get ready..,

• Semo likes this

#18 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

boggles the mind it does

its not and the head up ass Administration are too stupid to figure it out... the new BBall Coach might turn things around a smidgen and get the focus off the racial tensions but the Football program certainly wont until they shed themselves of  Pinkles lap dog successor. I have heard he has tried to be a real hard ass  to change the culture but he's out of his league trying to coach a struggling program in the SEC...gonna neeed to spend some real $$ to get that boat  up right.

Columbia is the most violent town in Mo  per capita... the problems go much deeper in Columbia than just MIZZOU

• mex likes this

#19 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

that sucks maui... sorry to hear that

fuck cancer 

#20 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

that sucks.. Yea Cancel is the Devil.. & Knob Creek is good stuff!

• MAUI likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users