Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Dilbert Disses Global Warming....

Scott Adams.....catching Flak

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Dilbert Disses Global Warming; Liberal Heads Explode

by James Delingpole

Scott Adams has gone full-on climate denialist in his latest Dilbert strip, causing liberal heads to explode.

dt170514.jpg

Some of his old fans just aren’t happy at this betrayal of The Cause:

No doubt it is an accident of the pen. But the “climate scientist” in the cartoon bears more than a passing resemblance to Michael Mann, globally renowned inventor of the “Hockey Stick” and winner – or so he used to claim till he got rumbled – of the Nobel Prize.

it’s a shame to see this as I used to think he was very funny. The Way of the Weasel was an awesome book.
it could be dementia – that is a thing that happens to people frown.gif

On Scott Adams, his comic strip and thought processes have pretty clearly jumped the shark

The man has become a dangerous idiot.
I guess 30-ish years of minor fame and a little bit of pussy took his brain for a ride.

As Homer would say, this cartoon is funny because it’s true. In fact it sums up pretty much everything the layman needs to know about the state of climate “science” and how it abuses the public trust.

So, it starts with truths which are widely accepted – “the basic science of physics and chemistry”.

Then – like a street magician or a confidence trickster – it slips quickly from the realm of evident truth into a world of illusion: “We put that data into dozens of different climate models and ignore the ones that look wrong to us.”

Anyone who questions this groupthink is labelled a “science denier.”

But as Adams has grasped it has nothing to do with science. Rather it’s about the politically driven misapplication of models which have no real-world basis.

This cartoon is by no means Adams’s first brush with WrongThink.

In September last year, he caused more liberal heads to explode by publicly switching his allegiance from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump.

One of his cannier insights was that Trump’s bluster is actually a sign of emotional intelligence and deal-making skills rather than a sign – as the progressives continue to believe – that he is a dangerous lunatic.

Dilbert has gone fascist“, Salon’s Amanda Marcotte responded, with typical verve, wit and lightness of touch.

Trump “paces” the public – meaning he matches them in their emotional state, and then some. He does that with his extreme responses on immigration, fighting ISIS, stop-and-frisk, etc. Once Trump has established himself as the biggest bad-ass on the topic, he is free to “lead,” which we see him do by softening his deportation stand, limiting his stop-and-frisk comment to Chicago, reversing his first answer on penalties for abortion, and so on. If you are not trained in persuasion, Trump look scary. If you understand pacing and leading, you might see him as the safest candidate who has ever gotten this close to the presidency. That’s how I see him.

Then in March this year, the jack-booted, blackshirted cartoonist caused further outrage by composing one of the best essays ever written as to why the claims of climate alarmists should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

It was titled How To Convince Skeptics That Climate Change Is A Problem.

Here are two of my favorite entries:

and

Don’t tell me how well your models predict the past. Tell me how many climate models have ever been created, since we started doing this sort of thing, and tell me how many have now been discarded because they didn’t predict correctly. If the answer is “All of the old ones failed and we were totally surprised because they were good at hindcasting,” then why would I trust the new ones?

If skeptics make you retreat to Pascal’s Wager as your main argument for aggressively responding the climate change, please understand that you lost the debate. The world is full of risks that might happen. We don’t treat all of them as real. And we can’t rank any of these risks to know how to allocate our capital to the best path. Should we put a trillion dollars into climate remediation or use that money for a missile defense system to better protect us from North Korea?

Needless to say, this also caused liberal heads to explode. Here’s a sample from one particularly virulent climate activist.

None of Adams’ concepts are supported in any manner. He produces no research tied to it. There is no rigorous method applied to rationalize it. It’s little more than cultish ramblings validated by a small loyal following acquired through his previous success as a cartoonist.

As Adams must be painfully aware by now, when you’re taking flak it means you’re over the target. Carry on Scott!

#2 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:57 PM

Warms my heart...

w

#3 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:15 PM

THIS IS AWESOME

#4 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

It just takes time my friend...

Climate Change is the Greatest Government Orchestrated HOAX in the History of America.

All to line the ASSWIPES with hardworking American's dollars.

The LEFT should be marginalized.

w

• mex likes this

#5 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

It just takes time my friend...

Climate Change is the Greatest Government Orchestrated HOAX in the History of America.

All to line the ASSWIPES with hardworking American's dollars.

The LEFT should be marginalized.

w

it isn't just america

pretty much the whole world believes in climate change.  

this comment is not me saying one way is right or wrong.  just stating that isn't only an american thought

#6 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:07 AM

climate change is about man's quest for power and wealth

this kind of corruption is not limited to Americans

in fact, many in the world see the hoax as an opportunity to fleece America out of money

#7 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:41 AM

We have been talking about it for years and years.

Its a simple plan to get the developed world to pay a tax to support the undeveloped world while lining the pockets of bureaucrats and

Green Energy Companies....

All while killing thousands of birds, dropping tons of cadmium into land fills and using technology that actually consumes MORE energy in it's production

to gain less efficiency in power generation.....

Science?

No, Politics.

w

#8 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:53 AM

it isn't just america

pretty much the whole world believes in climate change.  

this comment is not me saying one way is right or wrong.  just stating that isn't only an american thought

Take some time to go down the list of people who will gain the most from the "cures" for man made global warming/cooling/change.  Power and money, the two universal human traits that will cause lying, cheating, manipulation, and worse.  Nothing has changed since the beginning of time.

#9 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

Take some time to go down the list of people who will gain the most from the "cures" for man made global warming/cooling/change. Power and money, the two universal human traits that will cause lying, cheating, manipulation, and worse. Nothing has changed since the beginning of time.

saying nothing has changed since the beginning of time is factually incorrect

#10 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

oh please

in a matter of 18 to 20 thousand years, which is nothing on a planetary timescale, the northern half of the US will be under 5000 feet of ice

but that won't matter

because in the centuries before that happens, as the sun ramps down into another ice age cycle

growing seasons will shorten dramatically, growing zones will shrink to a very small region around the equator

millions of species will die off, and that includes homosapiens

the sad reality is, algore can't stop it, government can't stop it, statism can't stop it

but a solar-driven temperature increase of 6/10ths of one degree over 60 years... is reason to yield wealth and freedom to the ruling class

yeah... that makes sense

#11 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

What span of history was not governed by greed and power seeking?  The methods and technology have changed.  Human nature has not.  Some are caring, compassionate, and loving.  Many are not and will use any way possible to take advantage.

#12 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

oh please

in a matter of 18 to 20 thousand years, which is nothing on a planetary timescale, the northern half of the US will be under 5000 feet of ice

but that won't matter

because in the centuries before that happens, as the sun ramps down into another ice age cycle

growing seasons will shorten dramatically, growing zones will shrink to a very small region around the equator

millions of species will die off, and that includes homosapiens

the sad reality is, algore can't stop it, government can't stop it, statism can't stop it

but a solar-driven temperature increase of 6/10ths of one degree over 60 years... is reason to yield wealth and freedom to the ruling class

yeah... that makes sense

i wasn't making the case for man made climate change

#13 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:50 PM

I just helped my 11 year old son write the most Libertarian "global warming" paper in this history of 5th grade science...  It will be interesting to see what grade he receives when his entire paper challenges the "consensus" on the matter.

Fact:  The Earth has not warmed ANY in two decades. 

Fact:  The planet is still emerging from an ice age

Fact:  There is more Antarctic ice today than there was 100 years ago

Fact:  Greenland's ice sheet is expanding

Fact:  The agenda is to steal money from us plebes via taxation to combat something that isn't occurring

• oldtimer and mex like this

#14 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

Interesting that the progressive agenda believes the earth is fucked (which it is, just not for the reasons they are stating and not on their timescale), yet they always want to reduce funding for space exploration, the one thing that could possibly perpetuate the species and the one area of government spending that has produced by far the most breakthroughs in not only our understanding of the way the universe works but in actual scientific discoveries that benefit all of us.

The biggest thing Trump got right, to me, is getting rid of the NASA funding on climate change and refocusing them on pushing the envelope in space exploration.

Leave the things we've already done to private enterprise, like getting to space and exploration of the local area, and concentrate on getting to another planet. Push the envelope.
  • West and mex like this

#15 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

I just helped my 11 year old son write the most Libertarian "global warming" paper in this history of 5th grade science...  It will be interesting to see what grade he receives when his entire paper challenges the "consensus" on the matter.

Fact:  The agenda is to steal money from us plebes via taxation to combat something that isn't occurring

Should be interesting.., Keep us posted..,

• West and mex like this

#16 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

please let us know how his ideas are received... really curious

#17 ATLchief

ATLchief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:53 PM

I would expect a call from the school, and also a visit from your friendly child protective services representative.

#18 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:32 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#19 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:26 AM

Forget about his grade and worry more about how long he'll be suspended.  Don't you realize he's violating the "safe space" of all the climate change hoaxers?  Maybe taking cookies and ice cream will lessen their angst and your son will be reinstated after apologizing for the trama he caused.  Otherwise, off to the gulag for reeducation.

#20 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

Power and money, the two universal human traits that will cause lying, cheating, manipulation, and worse.  Nothing has changed since the beginning of time.

Yep.., Been goin on for 10,000 years..,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users