Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Dilbert Disses Global Warming....

Scott Adams.....catching Flak

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:57 AM

neva mind..,

#22 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

What span of history was not governed by greed and power seeking?  The methods and technology have changed.  Human nature has not.  Some are caring, compassionate, and loving.  Many are not and will use any way possible to take advantage.

Greed is the fat that greases the wheels of human evolution.., To me, greed and survival are the same.., So it ain't necessarily a bad thing as much as something that needs to be recognized and dealt with.., I think Darwin would agree..,

#23 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

Forget about his grade and worry more about how long he'll be suspended.  Don't you realize he's violating the "safe space" of all the climate change hoaxers?  Maybe taking cookies and ice cream will lessen their angst and your son will be reinstated after apologizing for the trama he caused.  Otherwise, off to the gulag for reeducation.

Haha.  They will probably have to bring in extra counselors to comfort those offended.

#24 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

Greed is the fat that greases the wheels of human evolution.., To me, greed and survival are the same.., So it ain't necessarily a bad thing as much as something that needs to be recognized and dealt with.., I think Darwin would agree..,

the term greed is funny to me

when it's used to describe corporations, or the income of the wealthy... it's always with a negative connotation

but when an employee wants a raise, or wants paid family leave, or paid vacations, or healthcare, it's never called greed. 

why, none of us are greedy... it's always the OTHER guy who is greedy.

• MAUI likes this

#25 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:57 PM

please let us know how his ideas are received... really curious

Results are in:

Paper

96% (he had obvious grammatical mistakes, etc, that I didn't revise because well, he's a 5th grader..)

Project

100% (This was basically a 2-liter Sprite bottle, cut in the middle, a transparent Earth-simulation placed inside being rock, then soil, then berumuda, with a paper volcano, then volcano erupts, Julian places green paper at the top of bottle to represent greenhouse gases, then holds a tennis ball above to represent Sun, and how green paper aka greenhouse gases hold said sunlight in after volcanic eruption, hence heating the planet.  Emphasis is that one massive eruption in Earth history projects more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than all of the actions of human history, squared.)

• MAUI, West and Semo like this

#26 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

awesome! apparently his teacher is not a died in the wool statist

it is oklahoma after all...

#27 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 10:23 PM

awesome! apparently his teacher is not a died in the wool statist

it is oklahoma after all...

That teacher probably won't be here long. Oklahoma losing all their good teachers to neighboring states who all pay a lot more.

#28 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

I'm married to a teacher and that is the truth, Texas and Colorado pay nearly double what Oklahoma does...

#29 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:54 AM

Good work BS...teaching your kids right from wrong is just good parenting.

w

#30 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

I'm married to a teacher and that is the truth, Texas and Colorado pay nearly double what Oklahoma does...

Yes we have a very real education issue in this state. They don't seem to give a shit. You know you have a problem when you're losing good teachers to arkansas.

#31 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

Yes we have a very real education issue in this state. They don't seem to give a shit. You know you have a problem when you're losing good teachers to arkansas.

:lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users