Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Wilkie and Bilyous

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

There's no secret that Bilyous and I have been the loyal opposition since last Novemeber.   At all times and places we have always been in the minority in the lockeroom because the preponderance of membership is White Anglo Saxon Protestant Republican.

Relax.   This is not an indictment.   Just a fact.   About 10% of the opinions here are liberal opinions and we are used to being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of numbers who oppose us.

Okay fair enough.

Last December after the Russian influence began to unravel that discussion had reached another level.   While both of us felt that whatever our political feelings were .....  the Russian influenced  trumped  (excuse the pun) all other political theories.    The folks in here decided that we were using Russan influence as an excuse for Hillary losing an election she should have won.

Believe it or don't believe it  but this is not so.

Bilyous,  after being frustrated,  left the lockeroom when it was obvious his message and his sincerity were not getting through.  Everyone wanted to pile on.   Yes we lost the election.  Yes our candidate was probably the worst candidate we could put up.  Yes,  we  are humbled by the electorate.

But the Russia question didn't go away.  

I emailed Bil privately a few times and we tried to decide how to respond to this avalanche of lockeroom back patting.   Bil finally left.

I decided to stay just to see what would transpire.  But my participation has been minimal.

Before we left we tried to figure out how we could answer all the Trump folks.   In the end we BOTH decided that all we had to do was say nothing and let Trump implode on his own.

It was not necessary to say anything or do anything.   Trump did it to himself.    And the anchor of incompetence is sinking him deeper and deeper in the mud.

This is not over.   It may be far from over.

But if ever  anyone did this to himself it was Donald Trump.   We didn't have to do or say anything. 

Karma is a bitch.

• omahacolt likes this

#2 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:58 AM

Was only a matter of time.

We could use some bilyous around here

#3 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

The DNC lost the election because they cheated

you and bil would do well to acknowledge that the DNC is as corrupt as the day is long

you would also do well to understand that the state of the American press is currently the biggest threat to our democracy

but y'all won't because you're blinded by your own partisanship

you'll keep continuing the mantra

russia!!! nixon!!! russia!!! nixon!!! Where are woodward and bernstein!!!

• BroncoStud likes this

#4 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:27 AM

We don't have to say anything. We are the minority. We just watch. Whatever happens after January 21, 2017 is something you own.

#5 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:33 AM

Everything Hillary did before January 21, 2017 she owns and it just may come back to bite her in that big ass. :D

This is far from over, Trump is a winner, like Bush said "Bring It On".

#6 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:47 AM

We don't have to say anything. We are the minority. We just watch. Whatever happens after January 21, 2017 is something you own.

1. Your original post was long as hell for someone who doesn't have to say anything

2.  I supported gary johnson, but you voted for hiLIARy

own THAT, counselor

#7 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:17 AM

18519683_752957951533744_307169842254078

• BroncoStud likes this

#8 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:28 AM

:D

#9 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:09 AM

There's no secret that Bilyous and I have been the loyal opposition since last Novemeber.   At all times and places we have always been in the minority in the lockeroom because the preponderance of membership is White Anglo Saxon Protestant Republican.

Relax.   This is not an indictment.   Just a fact.   About 10% of the opinions here are liberal opinions and we are used to being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of numbers who oppose us.

Okay fair enough.

Last December after the Russian influence began to unravel that discussion had reached another level.   While both of us felt that whatever our political feelings were .....  the Russian influenced  trumped  (excuse the pun) all other political theories.    The folks in here decided that we were using Russan influence as an excuse for Hillary losing an election she should have won.

Believe it or don't believe it  but this is not so.

Bilyous,  after being frustrated,  left the lockeroom when it was obvious his message and his sincerity were not getting through.  Everyone wanted to pile on.   Yes we lost the election.  Yes our candidate was probably the worst candidate we could put up.  Yes,  we  are humbled by the electorate.

But the Russia question didn't go away.  

I emailed Bil privately a few times and we tried to decide how to respond to this avalanche of lockeroom back patting.   Bil finally left.

I decided to stay just to see what would transpire.  But my participation has been minimal.

Before we left we tried to figure out how we could answer all the Trump folks.   In the end we BOTH decided that all we had to do was say nothing and let Trump implode on his own.

It was not necessary to say anything or do anything.   Trump did it to himself.    And the anchor of incompetence is sinking him deeper and deeper in the mud.

This is not over.   It may be far from over.

But if ever  anyone did this to himself it was Donald Trump.   We didn't have to do or say anything. 

Karma is a bitch.

Bil was one of the most respected persons in the LR and I'm really sorry he chose to stay away after Hillary lost.  None of the regulars would disagree that Trump is his own worst enemy and yet, for me, we are all so much better off since he won.  The SC position alone was worth anything harmful he could do.  Getting rid of some of the most onerous regulations Obama imposed on us is worth a little embarrassment from Trump's antics.  The Russian thing is hanging around only because the media hates Trump and wants to reenact Watergate again.  When there's PROOF of Trump being responsible for his campaign colluding with the Ruskies, I'll start being outraged.  Admit it.  The business climate, the public optimism, the 401k balances, and the mood of the regular Joes are all better than a year or two ago.  Whether the ardent hostility of the media, academia, and Hollywood turns people off on Trump or turns people off on the media more remains to be seen, but those who care about more than partisan wins would do well to accept him for the next four years, support anything he does that they like, and politely oppose those things they don't.  Automatically screaming about everything associated with Trump does us all harm.  JMHO.

#10 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,224 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:46 AM

Jet's comments were pretty much what I was going to say....

I have said it before and I'll say it again...If you want me to "own" something that Trump does you "own" Fast and Furious", "Benghazi", "IRS Attacking Ordinary Americans", "DNC Stealing an Election from Sanders", "Crimea", "Syria", "Droning American Citizens", "The Failed Arab Spring"......crap...I could go on and on  and on...

See how silly you premise was to begin with? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

w

• mex likes this

#11 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

I hope Bil comes back.., He's a good friend..,

#12 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

Me too.

#13 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

Mornin my brother.., Just up or is the Ambien not working..,? :lol:

#14 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

Ambien not working. Hahaha. Glad I am retired. Wonder what mud hole President Trump steps in today. LOL

#15 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

Ambien not working. Hahaha. Glad I am retired. Wonder what  MSM created false mud hole President Trump steps in today. LOL

fixed it for ya.

• mex likes this

#16 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,351 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:14 PM

Thanks OT. Of course that is almost exactly what I wanted except who is MSN?

#17 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

LOL  I have to fix my own blooper .. :P

#18 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

He just left the "BC" off the end.   :)

• mex likes this

#19 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:43 AM

Hi, everyone.  This is Bilyous with a different screen name.  I got rid of my old account.  My cousins, when I was little, called me Bilyous VonSchnitz based on some old cartoon character named Bilious von Schnitzelbank.  Thanks, Wilkie for flushing me out with this thread.  I have stopped by here to read threads on occasion, and I appreciate the nice thoughts you guys have expressed on this one and the bad ones that others have chosen not to express :rolleyes: .  I really do miss it here and consider you my friends.  We have shared a lot.  I can tell you that my leaving had nothing to do with the election, as I could not tolerate Clinton, and I am a registered independent, not a Democrat.  But all that is beside the point.  My own beliefs are more in alignment with Bernie Sanders than anyone, especially on the health care issue.  If Clinton had been elected, we would be on the brink of thermonuclear war with Russia, and I had enough of that worry as a child and then teenager.  The reason I left was because the level of partisan hatred and disgust expressed by some I shall not name, and it was simply making me less happy in general.  The dialogue had degenerated into name calling and expressions of utter disrespect.  Worst of all, when I expressed an opinion, I would push the "enter" key on my keyboard and see my thoughts up there in lights, and that was reinforcing to my ego.  I really believe that is destructive to anyone.  I began fretting about what others posted, stewing, thinking of a response, and becoming disrespectful.  Since we are all earthlings and connected to each other, that made me become disrespectful to myself. I am no smarter or more right than anyone else.  I don't enjoy falling into the trap of feeling otherwise.  I don't want to start expressing my view of Trump or the media or Mueller, or Comey, or any of those other things.  Plus, it is also true that we really don't know about anyone else.  Some people that we think are idiots or mean or amoral, if known personally would probably turn out to have many great qualities and generosity and kindness that we identify with.   But I really don't want to involve myself in biting insults, partisan categorizations of the validity of other people and their ideas.  I'll continue to stop by and chime in with something funny or something I might find may be useful, such as a medical question or some other non-political, non- scream fest.  But most of my posts will be in the football areas.  BTW, I am ecstatic about the choice of Mahomes, whether he turns out great or a bust.  I just want to live long enough to see the Chiefs win a superbowl.  So, cheers, everyone.  And thanks.

- Bilyous VonSchnitz

#20 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:24 AM

S'up Mugs..,

• Goldbrick likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic