Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

New game..now an independent council

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#21 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

Haha, y'all are awful confident Trump won't drag Pence down with him.

Now that this has been put into motion and is irrevocable, the GOP can get some breathing room from the daily drumbeat of Trump's idiocy and get back to job numerous uno: fucking America, with no one to blame but themselves.

Gutting protections of consumers, workers, and the environment. Gutting healthcare, social security, and veteran's benefits. Suppressing wages and deregulating the financial industry in every way possible to keep the economy stimulated by putting the population deeper in chains of private debt.

You mother fuckers are going to fuck America SO HARD, and we'll see photo op after photo op of Paul Ryan and assorted scum laughing their asses off after passing each fuck-you bill. Laugh and laugh and laugh!

Yes, Trump is really just an obstacle to the fucking Republicans really, REALLY want to give America, and this independent counsel is just the first step. Just remember - fuck America, and America will fuck you back. Enjoy it while it lasts, suckas!

the angry drunk returns with his barrage of vulgarities..

• Goldbrick likes this

#22 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:53 AM

Erick Erickson: Mueller returns and Republicans should rejoice

The Department of Justice has asked former FBI Director Robert Mueller to come out of retirement and run an independent investigation of Russia’s efforts in our 2016 election.  Republicans should rejoice.  Mueller is a consummate professional who has a great reputation on both sides of the aisle.  But there are other reasons the GOP should be thankful.

First, that the Deputy Attorney General of the United States, Rod Rosenstein, asked Mueller to come back suggests the Department of Justice and White House are paying attention to growing concerns. 

Second, it shows the Department of Justice is willing and able to act independently of the White House to affect justice.

Most importantly, however, it allows some breathing room between scandals.  Now, the White House can say they cannot discuss the matter because of the Mueller investigation.  Likewise, they can claim that any leaks must be false because Mueller would never leak.  They can dismiss a large part of the story out of hand.

All that makes the appointment of Robert Mueller a no brainer, but there is something more important going on as well.  The odds are that the Department of Justice would not launch this sort of investigation if they did not already have an inkling of there being no real issues with the president.  If they were really concerned about the president, they would keep this in house where they could exercise greater damage control.

Democrats have been railing on about the president, convinced he worked in collaboration with the Russians to steal the election.  There is no evidence of this, but Democrats cannot acknowledge what a terrible candidate Hillary Clinton really was.  So they bitterly cling to Russia, which is the Democrats’ version of birtherism.

Most likely, there will be no evidence that Donald Trump plotted with the Russians to steal the election.  After two years of Democrats claiming otherwise, this will be another cry wolf moment.  And that moment will come during the 2018 midterm elections.  Democrats will not be able to assail the credibility of Robert Mueller.  When he says the president did not do anything wrong, they will have nothing left.

That will open a path for Republicans to sow seeds of doubt about the rest of the Democrats’ message just as the Democrats begin melting down in rage against Mueller.  They will be unable to do anything.

Instead of fretting, Republicans should be reassured by the Mueller appointment.  The Department of Justice has just blown up a Democrat talking point that Jeff Sessions and those beneath him on the DOJ organizational chart were too partisan to ever do anything like this.  And once Mueller gives the president a pass, the rest of the Democrat arguments will collapse, too.  Maybe then they’ll finally come to terms with how bad a candidate Hillary Clinton really was.

#23 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:09 PM

Haha, y'all are awful confident Trump won't drag Pence down with him.

Now that this has been put into motion and is irrevocable, the GOP can get some breathing room from the daily drumbeat of Trump's idiocy and get back to job numerous uno: fucking America, with no one to blame but themselves.

Gutting protections of consumers, workers, and the environment. Gutting healthcare, social security, and veteran's benefits. Suppressing wages and deregulating the financial industry in every way possible to keep the economy stimulated by putting the population deeper in chains of private debt.

You mother fuckers are going to fuck America SO HARD, and we'll see photo op after photo op of Paul Ryan and assorted scum laughing their asses off after passing each fuck-you bill. Laugh and laugh and laugh!

Yes, Trump is really just an obstacle to the fucking Republicans really, REALLY want to give America, and this independent counsel is just the first step. Just remember - fuck America, and America will fuck you back. Enjoy it while it lasts, suckas!

yep fuck trump

hey don't you have some keynesian balls to wash?

I'll lend you some money to get there

wait never mind... I forgot that progressives love to borrow, but never pay back

carry on

#24 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:10 PM

the angry drunk returns with his barrage of vulgarities..

:lol:  :lol:

angry and drunk

sums it up perfectly

#25 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

If this is anything like Watergate investigation this process will take a long time.   I think it can be good for Trump as well.  If things are as he says they are and their is no evidence of collusion or other impropriety,  he will be exonerated and it will boost his approval rating.   In the mean time he no longer has any control over the dialogue so he can legitimately shift his attention to other matters because he will not have the day to day distraction.

On the other hand,  an independent prosecutor with unlimited access can go into other areas.   You all remember that when Ken Starr started his Clinton investigation it was over Whitewater and before it was all over it was about Monica Lewinsky.   Wide latitude is given to uncover criminal wrongdoing.

Alan Dershowitz,  super lawyer was interviewed last night and said that we the public may never know the outcome of a criminal investigation.   If Mueller finds no evidence of a crime,  he can if he wishes just say there was no evidence and the case is closed.   There could be many civil ramifications that don't reach the level of a crime and they would not be disclosed to the public.

Still Trump ought to lawyer up real fast.   And his lawyer needs to tell Trump not to discuss this matter any further on Twitter or anywhere else.  He cannot control the findings anymore and chances are there won't be much information coming out until after the investigation is complete.

None of us know the outcome but it appears that a good man has been appointed to head up the investigation.  

#26 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

If this is anything like Watergate investigation this process will take a long time.   I think it can be good for Trump as well.  If things are as he says they are and their is no evidence of collusion or other impropriety,  he will be exonerated and it will boost his approval rating.   In the mean time he no longer has any control over the dialogue so he can legitimately shift his attention to other matters because he will not have the day to day distraction.

On the other hand,  an independent prosecutor with unlimited access can go into other areas.   You all remember that when Ken Starr started his Clinton investigation it was over Whitewater and before it was all over it was about Monica Lewinsky.   Wide latitude is given to uncover criminal wrongdoing.

Alan Dershowitz,  super lawyer was interviewed last night and said that we the public may never know the outcome of a criminal investigation.   If Mueller finds no evidence of a crime,  he can if he wishes just say there was no evidence and the case is closed.   There could be many civil ramifications that don't reach the level of a crime and they would not be disclosed to the public.

Still Trump ought to lawyer up real fast.   And his lawyer needs to tell Trump not to discuss this matter any further on Twitter or anywhere else.  He cannot control the findings anymore and chances are there won't be much information coming out until after the investigation is complete.

None of us know the outcome but it appears that a good man has been appointed to head up the investigation.  

Or, if he is like the attention whore that Comey is, he will be on TV running his mouth every chance that he gets.

#27 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

Or, if he is like the attention whore that Comey is, he will be on TV running his mouth every chance that he gets.

yea DJT can not STFU!

• Semo likes this

#28 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for confirming the process for us.  I have nothing against Mueller, but do have two concerns.  First, why is a special prosecutor needed when there's no evidence, only rumors from unnamed sources presented as headlines in the MSM when during the Obama administration there was real evidence of security lapses, using the IRS for political reasons, obstruction of justice, and lying?  Is our whole political process governed only by media sharks?  Secondly, Trump and the anti-establishment crowd lose no matter how Mueller proceeds.  Assuming this will drag out for years, the administration will be under a cloud for all that time.  There will be a constant drip, drip, drip and the media will present every rumor as the next big story.  How many times will we get our news from anonymous sources and "knowledgeable insiders"?  The leftists, establishment Reps, Dems, and media will win whether Trump is ever indicted or not.  

#29 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

To answer your first question,  the climate in Washington DC is so highly partisan that there is substantial doubt among those on my side of the aisle that a fair and impartial investigation can be held by either body of Congress.   I think it fair to say that if Democrats controlled the House and Senate and they were the majority party and chaired both House and Senate investigations,  that you would feel the same way.    It goes without saying that an independent investigation should be free of political leanings and it is hoped that whatever the outcome some fundamental questions are answered that will satisfy both sides and can put at least this matter to rest.

As to your second question,  if Trump is innocent he will be exonerated.   The rumors in the interim comes with the job.    And yes, Jet,  I think this will drag on for awhile.  

#30 Smoulder

Smoulder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

All this when the intelligence community has admitted it has ZERO evidence of Trump-Russia collusion... ZERO evidence. ZERO evidence. One more time for good measure - ZERO evidence. Special prosecutor with ZERO evidence. Good lord, imagine what they could have turned up if a special prosecutor had investigated Fast and Furious, where Americans actually died, or the Hillary Clinton classified information treason...

Such wailing and whining. Trump - not "the press" - brought this on himself with his hubris, his bungling and corrupt attempts to influence and derail the process, and most of all his inability to control his fat fucking mouth.

The individual who brought this special counsel was TRUMP’S OWN PICK FOR THE JOB, not media "witch hunters" you pathetic sniveling crybaby. Jesus fucking Christ the crying here is intolerable.

And I sure as FUCK know you weren't crying when the dozenth Benghazi investigation was launched, and I sure as fuck know you weren't having it when that GOP dominated investigation came up with nothing, yet again. Nobody cares about your "but Hillary!" whining except for your fellow circle jerkers.

Since *clearly* Trump has done *nothing* wrong, you can rest assured that this will be an inconvenience at worst - more likely a blessing, because it takes the external pressure off in the short term. You should be head over heels happy that it's not going to be tried in the media by innuendo, but rather dealt with in the open once and for all by a supremely competent and objective investigator.

Get over it. This is happening. Tuck in your lower lip, just because Trumplethinskin is a big pouting sulkbaby doesn't mean you should follow suit. Trump's OWN deputy A.G. decided after an objective overview of the evidence and circumstances that THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Now put on your big boy pants and go out there and face the world as it is, not as you wish it were.

#31 Smoulder

Smoulder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

wait never mind... I forgot that progressives love to borrow, but never pay back

Au contraire, and either you are too stupid to understand the difference or too dishonest to admit it. Every dollar of U.S. so-called "debt" is and always will be "repaid". There is zero likelihood at any time that the U.S. government will become unable to enter the keystrokes required to transfer funds from a securities account back to a deposit account.

#32 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:09 PM

To answer your first question,  the climate in Washington DC is so highly partisan that there is substantial doubt among those on my side of the aisle that a fair and impartial investigation can be held by either body of Congress.   I think it fair to say that if Democrats controlled the House and Senate and they were the majority party and chaired both House and Senate investigations,  that you would feel the same way.    It goes without saying that an independent investigation should be free of political leanings and it is hoped that whatever the outcome some fundamental questions are answered that will satisfy both sides and can put at least this matter to rest.

As to your second question,  if Trump is innocent he will be exonerated.   The rumors in the interim comes with the job.    And yes, Jet,  I think this will drag on for awhile.  

You didn't really address my first point.  The Dems were in charge for two years of Obama scandals and no one clamored for a special prosecutor.  If ever there was a reason for an impartial investigator, it was during the Hillary security violations, destruction of evidence, and obstruction of justice.  Yet, as far as I know, we were never close to having a special investigator appointed.  Same with Lerner and the collusion of Lynch and Bill Clinton in the Hillary case.  Real violations, according to Comey not rumors and leaks.  So again, why does this arise to a higher level that the probable crimes of the past eight years?  To answer my own question, I'd guess that it all depends on a biased media making Trumps rumors more important than Hillary's crimes.  Now we have a two/three year witch hunt and a gazillion headlines about what MIGHT be happening coming from anonymous sources.  

#33 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

In the meantime I predict that Big Media goes full court press after Pence..,

#34 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

I don't think so Maui. Impeachment of Trump is not popular stance right now

#35 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

I don't think so Maui. Impeachment of Trump is not popular stance right now

Uh better guess again. Maxine Waters  and other left loonies are salivating at that opportunity. My sis on FB is constantly referring to hoping to impeach him... Reading her crap really makes me realize you & Bil are not really that far left.

#36 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

I guess we'll see Wilks.., I think the Cabal just keeps throwing shit from all directions.., Its like a 15 round fight.., Keep em off balance and don't let em breathe.., There is no scenerio I see right now where Big Media backs off and lets things settle down..,

#37 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

I guess we'll see Wilks.., I think the Cabal just keeps throwing shit from all directions.., Its like a 15 round fight.., Keep em off balance and don't let em breathe.., There is no scenerio I see right now where Big Media backs off and lets things settle down..,

YUP  blood is in the water and DJT  is going to loose his cool..watch the implosion people

#38 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

Chinese proverb: May you live in interesting times.

That they are.

#39 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

Uh better guess again. Maxine Waters  and other left loonies are salivating at that opportunity. My sis on FB is constantly referring to hoping to impeach him... Reading her crap really makes me realize you & Bil are not really that far left.

I don't think anything I h ave heard comes under HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.

#40 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:09 PM

I don't think anything I h ave heard comes under HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS.

no I agree but  their panty liners are soaked from just the thought whether that is realistic or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users