Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

New game..now an independent council

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#41 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Impeachment too radical right now.

#42 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

Uh better guess again. Maxine Waters and other left loonies are salivating at that opportunity. My sis on FB is constantly referring to hoping to impeach him... Reading her crap really makes me realize you & Bil are not really that far left.

Waters has hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in Russian companies. Maybe they should include her in the investigations.

#43 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:12 PM

Waters has hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in Russian companies. Maybe they should include her in the investigations.

probably why she's squawking so loud..not sure anybody takes her seriously except  herself and constituencies

#44 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:38 PM

Its all Kabuki Theater.....all while playing 3D Chess...

w

#45 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:11 AM

To answer your first question,  the climate in Washington DC is so highly partisan that there is substantial doubt among those on my side of the aisle that a fair and impartial investigation can be held by either body of Congress.   I think it fair to say that if Democrats controlled the House and Senate and they were the majority party and chaired both House and Senate investigations,  that you would feel the same way.    It goes without saying that an independent investigation should be free of political leanings and it is hoped that whatever the outcome some fundamental questions are answered that will satisfy both sides and can put at least this matter to rest.

As to your second question,  if Trump is innocent he will be exonerated.   The rumors in the interim comes with the job.    And yes, Jet,  I think this will drag on for awhile.  

jet asked how could they appoint a prosecutor with no evidence

I'd like to know too

#46 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Au contraire, and either you are too stupid to understand the difference or too dishonest to admit it. Every dollar of U.S. so-called "debt" is and always will be "repaid". There is zero likelihood at any time that the U.S. government will become unable to enter the keystrokes required to transfer funds from a securities account back to a deposit account.

you're full of shit

everyone knows it but you

#47 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,911 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:11 AM

I'd like to know too

I think that might be why they called it a 'Special Council', whatever that is..,

#48 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:21 AM

I think that might be why they called it a 'Special Council', whatever that is..,

does that mean he has a 'special purpose'?

Steve-Martin-Special-Purpose-Bernadette-

• MAUI likes this

#49 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

I'd like to know too

maybe there is evidence that they haven't let out.

#50 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

in a world where everything about trump has been leaked by 'unidentified sources', you really think there's some BIG SECRET they have on him? 

#51 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

in a world where everything about trump has been leaked by 'unidentified sources', you really think there's some BIG SECRET they have on him? 

death by a thousand slashes from a butter knife or bites from a Chihuahua.

they aint got squat but its enough to keep hater's attention.. I just watch my sister.. every new accusation is a new Diamond..pitiful

#52 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:02 PM

Thats exactly what is happening ot... well stated. It really is pitiful

#53 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Impeachment too radical right now.

Of course it is, but there's a few haters that hope something shows up if they dig deep enough.  The real danger to the Trump administration is that this process will play out for years and he will always be under a cloud.  The Dems will go crazy in next year's elections over this and justify their obstructionism of important things like budgets, tax reform, health, and border security.  In other words, the Dems win even though nothing serious is found against Trump.  This is a big media creation, nothing more.  No one cared about the Russians when Obama promised more to them after his reelection.  No one cared when Mitt Romney declared them a danger in 2012.  People weren't upset when Obama and Hillary allowed them to take over the Crimea and eastern Ukraine.  It only became an issue when Hillary needed an excuse for losing to a loud mouthed buffoon.  Our great danger isn't Russian interference.  It's an uncompromising bias by 97% of the media, academia, and Hollywood.

• oldtimer likes this

#54 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

I know that you and I do not agree on this.   The Russian connection when revealed last December suddenly became real to me when allegations of meddling were confirmed by all the security agencies.   The term Russia was kind of a nebulous term that I passed off as someplace in the distance.  The fact that there is a possibility that the Trump electoral team could have colluded with Russia both in the 2016 election and ongoing is anathema to me.  This could have died a natural death as just another Democrat whining about losing the election had it not been for the way the Trump administration has acted.    If am innocent of these allegations I will welcome with open arms any number of investigations that will exonerate me in the end.   Trump has acted just the opposite.   The thing I think that is most glaring to me is his refusal to release his tax returns.   Mueller has the power to subpoena them if he thinks it is in the interest of the investigation.   There are just so many incidents that have occurred since this allegation of collusion was first made.   Not just Flynn,  who I think may be a traitor.  Not just Comey firing.  Or Manafort dismissal.   There seems to be an ever increasing mountain of evidence building up and I,  like most Americans,  want to know what the truth is.  

What you say Jet is true.   There is a stormcloud over the Trump administration so long as the investigation lingers.   But,  a lot of it is of Trump's own making.

You can expect if there is no resolution by 2018 the Democrats will use every available opportunity to exploit Trump's difficulties.   And if they should retake the House in 2018,  Trump agenda becomes paralyzed.  

I do not know where the evidence leads.   But we are now locked into a procedure.   I am glad a special prosecutor  or "counselor" if you prefer has been appointed.  I place a lot of faith in his ability to reach answers and conclusions that Americans are entitled to know.    I agreed when this started to wait until the FBI report was finished and released to the public before I started condemning.   I stand by that.  The fat lady isn't singing yet.

Those liberals who are calling for impeachment do not have any endorsement from me.    So far,  this hasn't reached Nixonian levels.   Those who cry for impeachment need to STFU.  It solidifies views of liberals as being radicals.    At the same time,  Trump's lawyers need to tell him to STFU.   Stay off of Twitter.  Reign in your temper.  Trump lives in a glass house and his every reaction is gauged and reported.

We need to wait and see what all this means.    Nobody knows where this investigation will take us.

#55 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hey wilkie, what do you think about the DNC colluding with the press to cheat an election?

Can the DNC ever be trusted again?

#56 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,951 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

We need to wait and see what all this means.    Nobody knows where this investigation will take us.

Can't disagree with your post in general.  But this whole thing could be nothing more than a media creation that has "legs" because they hate Trump so much.  Imagine if the media had expressed the same outrage about Hillary's lies and crimes.  Real evidence, mind you, not rumors and unnamed sources.  How about Lerner or the collusion between Bill Clinton and Lynch?  If Hillary had won the election and had the same stories about election interference or pay to play with her foundation, do you think the media would offer the same coverage and demands for investigation?  We all know the answer to that.  So any time the winning candidate doesn't meet the MSM agenda standards, they can set up a false narrative, demand investigation, run with fake stories from fake sources, and impede the president's agenda and propagandize the voters for several years.  That scares me much more than Russian interference or collusion rumors.  As I predicted several days ago, the NYT has new stories out from (made up?) anonymous sources on what's going on in the investigation and Mueller hasn't even started yet.  The media, rather than being a watch dog press, is taking over our democracy and destroying it.

#57 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:58 PM

I believe the stories we hear have legs and are not made up by the MSM. One reason is they all compete for the same money. The stories from one source to another are the same. To believe there is a grand conspiracy to get Trump is to assume that all competitors got together and forged the same narrative. Like the LAPD grand conspiracy to get OJ. We shall see.

#58 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

They all have "stories", but they all have "no facts" and if they did it would have leaked out.

#59 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

That's the major difference Wilkie...

You believe the stories "have legs" and will lead to real offenses when it comes to the repukes. 

However, a democrat could be fucking your cat in front of your eyes and you'll tell us that we need to read the cat his Miranda rights.

w

#60 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:03 PM

That's the major difference Wilkie...

You believe the stories "have legs" and will lead to real offenses when it comes to the repukes.

However, a democrat could be fucking your cat in front of your eyes and you'll tell us that we need to read the cat his Miranda rights.

w

Better yet, did the cat give them permission? Because if it was consensual then it was ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users