Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Cutting Maclin

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

first let me say I'm a JMac fan..last year I believe was an aberration.. that being said with a $12,400 salary  and a $10 mil savings if cut  after Jun 1. I would almost have to think the topic has been discussed. I don't see the Chiefs shedding  Smith's only other legit target other than Kelce or check down but a 10 mil savings in preparation for the Mahomes era could come in handy.

I dont see anyone possibly available other than Decker who might be a useful pickup for cheaper.

#2 WichitaZRide

WichitaZRide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Well....I'm not a fan of cutting Maclin either, but we could always trade Maclin to the Bills for Sammy Watkins if they are interested.  Then use the extra cap space to go after Ladarius Green as he was cut by the Steelers today... 

#3 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,152 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

No. Macklin still essential.

#4 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

No WR IS essential with 11.

#5 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

I think Mac will be back to normal this year. He is too important to cut. Maybe next year if Hill and Con look like legit starters. I wouldn't bet on Con though.

#6 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:01 PM

It would be better to restructure J Mac.....

12-4 last year, lets keep trying to win.

w

#7 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

There's no scenario where this team is better by cutting jmac.

That would not be a good decision. We do not have a valid replacement on tap. And nobody start with the Tyreek bullshit. He is not a good wr yet. He's just fast as shit. Not a number 1. And even when he improves he still would lack the size you'd want in a 1. Unless you're Steve Smith. Which he's not.
  • MAUI likes this

#8 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:05 AM

So true. Mac is a legit stud. Injuries and drops killed him last year, but smacked will be back.

#9 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

at this point, why do the chiefs need the money?  they are a contender.  cutting maclin would just weaken an already weak position

#10 kccrow

kccrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

I'd say maybe in 2018, but it very likely won't be now. Could unload alot of veteran contracts next offseason (like Maclin, Johnson, Hali, Smith) and retool with some young free agents in key spots and hold some money for Peters and maybe Ford going forward. 

#11 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

I'd say maybe in 2018, but it very likely won't be now. Could unload alot of veteran contracts next offseason (like Maclin, Johnson, Hali, Smith)...

...and Houston. He'd better start performing like a player that signed a $100 million contract.

#12 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:00 AM

...and Houston. He'd better start performing like a player that signed a $100 million contract.

Typical post.

#13 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:20 PM

Oh boy here we go again, God I hate this time of the year. Bored fans make up shit to talk about.

#14 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Typical post.

It's typical of people to leave their darling players off of bubble lists. I corrected a gross oversight.

#15 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

Oh boy here we go again, God I hate this time of the year. Bored fans make up shit to talk about.

Actually 63 I piggy backed on to a segment off of 810 WHB :P it was about the top players who may be cut for salary reasons after June 1. JMac was top of that WR list but covered all types of "names"and position from all teams.

#16 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:34 PM

It's typical of people to leave their darling players off of bubble lists. I corrected a gross oversight.

He's been hurt. It happens. On the field he's a beast.

#17 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

He's been hurt. It happens. On the field he's a beast.

Man I had a dream Eric Berry joined Denver

#18 KC Warpaint

KC Warpaint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

Houston has a much longer leash because of that 100 Mil contract, he is not going anywhere and we all

know that, and the only way maclin is leaving is if AJ Green or Antonio Brown suddenly become chiefs

so maclin is going nowhere anytime soon as well

#19 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:53 PM

Not going to happen. Houston is the best player on the defense and has many years ahead of him. Lunacy.

#20 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:55 PM

Cut Houston, Jones and Peters. Then we have some cap space to work with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users