Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Cutting Maclin

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:48 AM

Bilyous, is that you??

Yep.  Hi, D-Man.  Sorry about my new screen name.  Its a long story.  But I'll always be Bilyous.

#42 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

There's no scenario where this team is better by cutting jmac.

That would not be a good decision. We do not have a valid replacement on tap. And nobody start with the Tyreek bullshit. He is not a good wr yet. He's just fast as shit. Not a number 1. And even when he improves he still would lack the size you'd want in a 1. Unless you're Steve Smith. Which he's not.

^^^^

This

Also I am all for saving money for the future if it makes complete sense. As you said...no way the Chiefs are an equal or better team if they cut Maclin. 

#43 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

not so far fetched after all i guess

#44 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

I guess I get what they are doing. I don't like It but I get it. Maybe we need a new cap guy.
  • West and Calichief like this

#45 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

I guess I get what they are doing. I don't like It but I get it. Maybe we need a new cap guy.

they just hired a new one

#46 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

they just hired a new one

Oh yeah. Well throw the bum out and get a new new one!

#47 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

Oh yeah. Well throw the bum out and get a new new one!

:lol:

#48 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

This bothers me, but from past experience, I have to assume that Dorsey has some idea about acquiring a well known receiver before the season, possibly soon, and the freed cap space may allow that.  I don't know much about that side of the business, but I would not be surprised to learn of a new signing of someone as experienced as Maclin.  Maybe the front office is counting on development of our current guys or knows some information about Maclin's health or production that does not justify paying him this much.  Those kinds of things are why we have experts and not fans making the decision.  I also think that it is possible that ball control, running game, and time of possession may be emphasized more in our offense this season.  I remember an awful lot of drives that ended quickly because of the lack of running.  Many of those drives ended with attempted passes to Maclin who could not get free or catch the ball.  It gives me a sinking feeling to be third and 3 and know we will have to attempt some kind of short pass, like a WR screen that has already been sniffed out.

#49 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:39 PM

This bothers me, but from past experience, I have to assume that Dorsey has some idea about acquiring a well known receiver before the season, possibly soon, and the freed cap space may allow that.  I don't know much about that side of the business, but I would not be surprised to learn of a new signing of someone as experienced as Maclin.  Maybe the front office is counting on development of our current guys or knows some information about Maclin's health or production that does not justify paying him this much.  Those kinds of things are why we have experts and not fans making the decision.  I also think that it is possible that ball control, running game, and time of possession may be emphasized more in our offense this season.  I remember an awful lot of drives that ended quickly because of the lack of running.  Many of those drives ended with attempted passes to Maclin who could not get free or catch the ball.  It gives me a sinking feeling to be third and 3 and know we will have to attempt some kind of short pass, like a WR screen that has already been sniffed out.

agree on much of that

Maclin and $12 mil just dos not make sen$e

#50 gochiefsgo

gochiefsgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

If the opposition knows that your QB doesn't throw tds to wide receivers and you are smart like Bellichek and take Kelce out of the game then you lose a playoff game in New England or at home against a team that failed to score an offensive TD. The NFL is bombs away now. I get the scheme but it's impossible to advance and win without that deep threat. I guess they think Hill's emergence made Maclin expendable?

#51 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

If the opposition knows that your QB doesn't throw tds to wide receivers and you are smart like Bellichek and take Kelce out of the game then you lose a playoff game in New England or at home against a team that failed to score an offensive TD. The NFL is bombs away now. I get the scheme but it's impossible to advance and win without that deep threat. I guess they think Hill's emergence made Maclin expendable?

Yeah.  Hill, alone will stretch the field and not let them cheat and smother Kelce.  We have a lot of promising young WR's.  Hopefully one or more may emerge.  Hope springs eternal.

#52 tges58

tges58

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

I've been hearing good things about Demarcus Robinson. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Just my 2 cents

#53 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:25 PM

I've been hearing good things about Demarcus Robinson. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Just my 2 cents

who? and where have you been hearing these "things"?

Tell me it's not the OTA reports

#54 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:56 PM

4th round pick from a year ago. Very talented on the field, not so talented at passing drug tests at Florida.

Don't give a shit about OTAs

#55 tges58

tges58

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

2016 4th rd pick out of Florida. Where else are you going to hear anything this time of the year? Obviousy they felt good enough about someone to release Maclin. It might be him, it might be Conley, who knows? I was just making conversation. Relax.

#56 tges58

tges58

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

4th round pick from a year ago. Very talented on the field, not so talented at passing drug tests at Florida.
Don't give a shit about OTAs

Just curious, do you know what did he get popped for? If it was just weed I wouldn't be too concerned(see Justin Houston, Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, etc...). Reid is the Father Flanagan of the NFL. He seems to do wonders with troubled players

#57 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:50 PM

Just curious, do you know what did he get popped for? If it was just weed I wouldn't be too concerned(see Justin Houston, Warren Sapp, Randy Moss, etc...). Reid is the Father Flanagan of the NFL. He seems to do wonders with troubled players

Weed. Failed like 6 tests at UF.

#58 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:27 PM

he's relaxed :lol:

Father Flanagan of  the NFL.. thats Rich .. Love it!

Any news out of OTA's is nothing but propaganda..

#59 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

In three years? Thats one every semester!

That's a Josh Gordon level dumb ass

• West likes this

#60 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:52 PM

In three years? Thats one every semester!

That's a Josh Gordon level dumb ass

Even went to rehab for it lol

I'm sure the real addicts were all uh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users