Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Should KC Sign a Veteran QB to Back Up Alex Smith?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

Teicher indicated that they may in his latest ESPN Blog.

I see the Chiefs as a Super Bowl Contender this year.  If Smith Goes down, Mahomes is not ready according to Reid and Dorsey.  That said, they may just be talking out of the side of their mouth to relieve pressure on the Rookie.

I kind like to see "pressure" and how people react under it.  I say let Bray and Mahomes compete in camp and let the best man win.  In fact, if Bray is not better than Mahomes....after all the time KC has put into him...he needs to go.

Should be a fun camp & preseason.

w

• maryannbr2 likes this

#2 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

na..let Bray have at it.he might shine and have a real QB controversy or be great trade bait

#3 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

If Smith goes down for an extended time, the Chiefs won't win this year.  Why waste money on a backup to lead them to a 9-7 record?

#4 Okiechief1

Okiechief1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

Unless somebody comes available late that knows the system like Foles did last year I don't think they do. I think they see Bray as a viable backup.

#5 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:32 PM

Outside of Kaepernick to just purely troll Alex, no.

#6 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:29 PM

Makes no sense. You won't get better and Mahomes so let him get some snaps.

#7 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 10:40 PM

They have a veteran backup. Just start Mahomes. 

• MAUI likes this

#8 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:44 PM

Well played.

#9 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,056 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:58 AM

Give Mahomes some time. Some people will say that it isn't to learn to hand the ball off and check down (though WCO is difficult), but if you want Mahomes to work out, do it right. Reid and Dorsey have said Mahomes isn't ready to start and I don't think they are saying that to just placate Smith. I think there's plenty to learn about the pro game. I trust them more. Having said that, if Smith were to take a steep pay cut through extension, I wouldn't mind keeping him as the backup next year or the next. Then, OC/QB coach. (No, he wouldn't neuter Mahomes with conservative play.)

#10 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:24 AM

Bray.  He knows the system.  Hasn't had a real chance.  Knowing the system is everything in Reid's offense.

#11 WakarusaChief

WakarusaChief

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:03 AM

Bray.  He knows the system.  Hasn't had a real chance.  Knowing the system is everything in Reid's offense.

i dont agree. i spent over 45 years watching the chiefs shit the sheets since that great superbowl victory i watched with berry my bear, rip, there aint ever been something great as this one to show this sorry league what the chiefs can do with a gunslinger in mohames. im sick and tired of people like u being so stinkin down to let a rook to come in and sling it around just like old lenny back in the days when there aint so many cry babys. why not should not the fans send mr alex smink to the low end of the bench and give the man hugs and a kiss for giving water to are new golden boy. aint nothing wrong with giving a kid some waters for taken your job becuz u aint hit the broad side of the barn when the barn is WIDE freakin open ALL THE TIME

#12 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:08 AM

You need a nap.

#13 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,249 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

Bil do you have an evil twin here?..How many people live in Wakarusa?

#14 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:49 PM

Bil do you have an evil twin here?..How many people live in Wakarusa?

I was concerned about the same thing :lol:  He must live along the Wakarusa river instead of the town. Its a long river, running from central Kansas all the way to Lawrence, where it was dammed up to form the large recreational lake, Clinton Reservoir.  A lot of stuff in Lawrence is named the "Wakarusa valley" this or that.  The town is tiny but was the site of a major "bleeding Kansas" civil war era battle involving the abolitionists and the confederate racist hoards from Missouri. I think nearly everyone was killed except for the smart ones who hid.

I see that his post was removed.

#15 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:21 PM

Ole Lenny was far from a gunslinger..... :lol:

w

#16 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

Trade for Dontari Poe. He can be the backup quarterback.

#17 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

Trade for Dontari Poe. He can be the backup quarterback.

Good idea.  And Demetrius Harris can be our #1 receiver.

#18 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Ole Lenny was far from a gunslinger..... :lol:

w

Stram liked to run too much for that.  But when Lenny wanted to get it downfield to Otis Taylor, he could sure do it.

#19 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

I was concerned about the same thing :lol: He must live along the Wakarusa river instead of the town. Its a long river, running from central Kansas all the way to Lawrence, where it was dammed up to form the large recreational lake, Clinton Reservoir. A lot of stuff in Lawrence is named the "Wakarusa valley" this or that. The town is tiny but was the site of a major "bleeding Kansas" civil war era battle involving the murdering terrorists from Kansass and the confederate racist hoards from Missouri. I think nearly everyone was killed except for the smart ones who hid.

I see that his post was removed.

Fixed it for ya.

Also, does everyone there have bad grammar? Cause I'm looking at his post and it hurts my OCD.

#20 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Fixed it for ya.

Also, does everyone there have bad grammar? Cause I'm looking at his post and it hurts my OCD.

I like your version better.  More accurate.

Ass for the grammer, I don't no, because I donut talk two good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users