Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Should KC Sign a Veteran QB to Back Up Alex Smith?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

Lol sorry Bilyous, was a good laugh. NFL is in the shadows nowadays except for OTAs & decided to see what kind of reaction you'd give to ole WakarusaChief

#22 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

Asks for the thread I actually agree in letting Bray be the backup

#23 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:34 PM

That was you??

#24 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:57 PM

Lol yesh

#25 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:59 AM

Lol yesh

Fantastic!  Terminally weird.  :lol:

#26 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:47 AM

Fantastic! Terminally weird. :lol:

Dont you mean diagnosed, you goof?!

#27 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:51 AM

Dont you mean diagnosed, you goof?!

Terminally weird is a diagnosis.

• oldtimer likes this

#28 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:30 AM

Ah, I see.

#29 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:48 AM

Ah, I see.

I know, because I have had the same malady for a long time.

#30 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:59 AM

I know, because I have had the same malady for a long time.

This only explains Vonschnitz whereas the hat may be your remedy. Asks for me, I dabble in Wakarusa when I write with WakarusaChief. This way I'm not weird, but insane.

#31 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:02 PM

Bray is a veteran.

#32 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:47 PM

Bray is a veteran.

Exactly my point.

#33 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

Bray is a veteran.

That's why I wrote that. We should always have a veteran for a backup. Never a rookie. Thanks for getting this back to football.

#34 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:23 PM

How many snaps does Tyler have in the regular season and the playoffs?

w

#35 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

How many snaps does Tyler have in the regular season and the playoffs?

w

Exactly this. If we're making Bray the backup and Alex goes down for any extended length of time we might as well get mahomes some experience.

#36 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,059 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:48 PM

Chiefs have a real shot this year.  Team is not that far away and all it takes is a key injury or two and all of a sudden they can be AFC Favorites.

I think Smith is above average and can get it done while others think he is mediocre and he gives us no chance.  Somewhere in that range is the truth.

That said, a solid backup is essential in either case.  I do not see Tyler Bray as that guy.  Reid and Dorsey already said Mahomes is not ready.

Bray needs to show us some real improvement this preseason or why even keep the guy?

Get a #2 on a one year deal and give as many preseason snaps as possible to Mahomes.

w

#37 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

Exactly this. If we're making Bray the backup and Alex goes down for any extended length of time we might as well get mahomes some experience.

I disagree.  Bray has been in the practices and running the offense in training camps for three years. He has studied, and knows, the vast playbook of Reid.  He has done this for a few years.  The rest of the offensive players have done the same thing and deserve to have a backup QB who can use all of those players and the entire playbook.  Mahomes needs at least a year to be able to utilize all of his players and to know what the hell is going on out there, reading pro defenses, etc.  Using him too soon could destroy his confidence and make him tentative.  A lot of promising QB's have been permanently ruined that way.  We have too much of an investment in him.  Bray should be the backup.  No FA QB knows Reid's system like Bray.

#38 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

:lol:

#39 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,865 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

I disagree. Bray has been in the practices and running the offense in training camps for three years. He has studied, and knows, the vast playbook of Reid. He has done this for a few years. The rest of the offensive players have done the same thing and deserve to have a backup QB who can use all of those players and the entire playbook. Mahomes needs at least a year to be able to utilize all of his players and to know what the hell is going on out there, reading pro defenses, etc. Using him too soon could destroy his confidence and make him tentative. A lot of promising QB's have been permanently ruined that way. We have too much of an investment in him. Bray should be the backup. No FA QB knows Reid's system like Bray.

Plus, I think that if Bray comes in and plays well, we could either let Mahomes learn more next year or trade Bray. Or we would know that we had a good back up in Brae if we kept him. But if we played Mahomess if Smith went down, we wouldn't know anything about Bray, Bray would have no experience, we cannot trade them for as much.

Having said that, all of this goes out the window if Reid and Dorsey feel that Mahomes could win a Super Bowl with us if Smith went down. If they believe in Mahomes more than Bray, and our window is there, then yes, get some experience for him. Play the best guy and when someone else becomes the best guy, replace.

#40 JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:01 PM

Yeah as really think that Mahomes could be playing in a year or two. To learn from Alex.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users