Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs release Maclin

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#121 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

You are not reading it correctly......but thats not my issue.

My bad, 1200 bwaaaaahaaaaaaawaaaaahaaaaaa yards yea right. Maybe on some video game.
  • maryannbr2 likes this

#122 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

And please do tell why?

Momentum. It's not complicated. The score was 6-28, and the 49ers were about to finish their seventh drive with another three-and-out.

#123 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

Momentum. It's not complicated. The score was 6-28, and the 49ers were about to finish their seventh drive with another three-and-out.

So you are saying that the Niners would have been trounced?

#124 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

My bad, 1200 bwaaaaahaaaaaaawaaaaahaaaaaa yards yea right. Maybe on some video game.

1300 in 2014 with Foles and Butt Fumble throwing to him

1000 in 2015 with Noodle Arm Smith throwing to him...

Not out of the realm of possibility

#125 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:34 AM

So you are saying that the Niners would have been trounced?

I never expected anything else. The defense was spent early on, being forced onto the field repeatedly. When Mike Ditka suggested during the halftime broadcast that the 49ers put in Alex Smith after the break, I thought that there was no way the 49ers should do that: They started Kaepernick, and they needed to let the Ravens FINISH HIM!!!

My hope at the time was that the 49ers would realize their mistake, trade Kaepernick in the off-season, and roll with Smith at quarterback going forward. As it turns out, the 49ers never won a Super Bowl with Kaepernick, and Kaepernick himself is unemployed.

#126 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:36 AM

1300 in 2014 with Foles and Butt Fumble throwing to him

1000 in 2015 with Noodle Arm Smith throwing to him...

Not out of the realm of possibility

By the way, Bovada just released their odds for 2017 MVP. Joe Flacco's odds: 1:100. Alex Smith's odds: 1:66.

I just thought that was worth sharing, although elsewhere I expressed very clearly that odds just don't mean anything in matters like this.

#127 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

I never expected anything else. The defense was spent early on, being forced onto the field repeatedly. When Mike Ditka suggested during the halftime broadcast that the 49ers put in Alex Smith after the break, I thought that there was no way the 49ers should do that: They started Kaepernick, and they needed to let the Ravens FINISH HIM!!!

My hope at the time was that the 49ers would realize their mistake, trade Kaepernick in the off-season, and roll with Smith at quarterback going forward. As it turns out, the 49ers never won a Super Bowl with Kaepernick, and Kaepernick himself is unemployed.

Alright thats enough Alex. The jigs up. You have proven you're the better qb now take us to the promise land of the champs
  • Handswarmer and KCSLC2008 like this

#128 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

By the way, Bovada just released their odds for 2017 MVP. Joe Flacco's odds: 1:100. Alex Smith's odds: 1:66.

I just thought that was worth sharing, although elsewhere I expressed very clearly that odds just don't mean anything in matters like this.

You wanted to get a Shot in on Flacco- I get it....weak attempt but who cares....since he came into the league here is the list of Winners of the MVP

2008- P Manning- Steelers win SB

2009- P Manning- Saints win SB

2010- T Brady- Packers win SB

2011- A Rodgers- Giants win SB

2012- A.Peterson- Ravens win SB

2013- P manning- Seahwaks win SB

2014- A ROdgers- Patriots win SB

2015- C Newton- Broncos win SB

2016- M Ryan- Patriots win SB

See a pattern here? I'd rather he didnt win it....

#129 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:39 AM

See a pattern here?

Yes. Local writers don't have the resources or time to watch tape, so they simply select the player with the most historically outstanding statistical accomplishment.

I have no regard for MVP awards. They're a popularity contest, and nothing more.

#130 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:54 PM

Yes. Local writers don't have the resources or time to watch tape, so they simply select the player with the most historically outstanding statistical accomplishment.

I have no regard for MVP awards. They're a popularity contest, and nothing more.

Then why did you mention it?

Oh yea, thinly veiled shot at Flacco....

We get it Alex.....

#131 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:12 AM

Here's a list of the most clutch QB's. Flacco is on it, but I have yet to see Alex on it. Still looking for Alex on the list.

http://bleacherrepor...ch-quarterbacks

#132 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:46 PM

Here's a list of the most clutch QB's. Flacco is on it, but I have yet to see Alex on it. Still looking for Alex on the list.

http://bleacherrepor...ch-quarterbacks

Nice read- pretty much expresses my feelings on Flacco word for word. Consistency is key.

#133 Spfdchiefsfan

Spfdchiefsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

Well, you know how messed up that story is when they put Elway as more clutch than Montana!  

#134 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

Well, you know how messed up that story is when they put Elway as more clutch than Montana!  

Don't let your bias slap you in the face.....

Montana ranks a little bit behind Elway

#135 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

Hey Hands.., How soon do they expect Flacco back..,?

A lot of media types think the Ravens should pick up Kapernick..,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users