Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs part ways with Dorsey

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#21 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:15 PM

Tells me Reid has been building this roster. It is the only thing that makes sense.

#22 bavarianq

bavarianq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

Crazy news the last few days. I was surprised about Maclin, but this really surprises me. 

#23 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

Dorsey was the rock of this foundation. I'm appalled. 

#24 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

There were some questionable moves with cutting Mac, throw crazy stacks at Berry, getting 6 players with 10 picks, a top 10 contract with LDT. Not sure what it came down to or whether Reid had approval rights.

Bill Maas just made some good points. The big contacts have not produced top performances. He sited Bowe and Houston.

I would be curious what the deciding factor was.

#25 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

Don't have a lot of time to write a long post, but I will say that my info says this was a mutual thing between Reid and Clark and Dorsey did infact ask to be relieved after being told he wouldn't be extended.

A lot of underlying details and the situation was complicated.

#26 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

He very well could have requested crazy money so he could go to GB. We may never know.

#27 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

While it's popular to blame the separation on performance, there could be outside reasons that we'll never learn about or find out later.  Personal issues, discord in the front office, telling Hunt he won't be around after this year, a million other things.  Dorsey has made some mistakes and made some good moves.  If others in the organization were whining about Dorsey, it sure didn't get out.  I just don't think it's all about signings, releases, and drafting.

#28 WichitaZRide

WichitaZRide

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

man, this is really starting to look like a mickey mouse organization. Release maclin on a vm, get rid of the best GM this team has seen in years. Geez, makes it really hard to keep watching!

I think this is actually why he was let go...between how Charles and Maclin were handles, Clark didn't like looking like a Mickey Mouse organization...
  • West likes this

#29 ATLchief

ATLchief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:47 AM

Guess Big Red is taking on a dual role?

I don't remember that working out very well in Philly.

#30 Blood Banker Ev

Blood Banker Ev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:54 AM

I think this is actually why he was let go...between how Charles and Maclin were handles, Clark didn't like looking like a Mickey Mouse organization...

Clark is a big reason this is a Mickey Mouse organization. Losing Dorsey seals the Chiefs fate for the near future. If you look at Andy's track record it's not great, didn't work out well in Philly so nothing to promising there.. Clark is too busy slob knobbing the commissioner trying to get a draft and a Super Bowl in KC to care about success on the field.. Always has been and always will be about money instead of Super Bowl in KC.

#31 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:05 AM

Guess Big Red is taking on a dual role?

He somewhat has since he arrived. Dorsey did the heavy lifting and worked the contracts while Reid determined who to take.

The Chiefs will suffer from a depth level as Dorsey was one of the finest talent evaluators and chruned the bottom of the roster well. He just didn't handle other GM aspects well.

#32 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:15 AM

To make a long story short, Dorsey had one foot out the door and wanted to be a bigger man on campus.

Clark didn't want him bouncing during the heavy lifting of preparing for 2018 offseason so they elected to give him the "option" to mutally part ways.

Add a dash of resentment from the locker room growing on the FO and you have this.

I don't think promoting internally is the right move. There's another bright mind in GB that would do excellent here.

Feeling is the Prisco article was a planned leak from the Packers to gauge interest from his camp while not drawing any attention of possible tampering accusations.
  • West likes this

#33 NChiefsCorner

NChiefsCorner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts
  • LocationLiberty, Missouri

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:54 AM

Maybe it had something to do with how Dorsey let Maclin know he was no longer a Chief.

I would take a look at Herm Edwards for our next GM, he has an eye for talent.

#34 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:36 AM

With Jmac gone, Charles gone, Poe gone, Dorsey gone, no ILB in the draft, 6 players in 10 picks, Reliance on DJ after second Achilles, no backup Z receive....I'm pretty bummed
  • oldtimer likes this

#35 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:30 AM

Maybe it had something to do with how Dorsey let Maclin know he was no longer a Chief.

I would take a look at Herm Edwards for our next GM, he has an eye for talent.

He been out of the game for too long and seems to have a cushy ESPN gig. I can't see why he would want to work a job like that again.

#36 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:36 AM

8-8 yet Wilkes?

I have to admit, I am not as confident on the long term...

W

#37 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:11 AM

Looks like maybe the window shut at the end of last season

#38 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:51 AM

Lots of jumping the gun here. I was a huge Dorsey supporter but who knows.. maybe he was jumping ship, maybe he cut his throats with the Mahomes pick, maybe it was Maclin without informing Reid... I would not be worried with the talent the chiefs have. Future is still bright.

#39 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,036 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:38 AM

I see him going back to Green Bay.., That's kinda been the rumor since his second year anyway.., Sorry to see him go, he did well for us..,

Hopefully everything is amiable and there's no bad blood.., I been a Chiefs fan for over a half a century and this kinda shit just seems to happen.., When things start to get going good, there's generally a fuckin coming.., GO Chiefs..,

#40 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:21 AM

I wouldn't worry a lot. The cupboard is anything but bare.

They could use a bit of a fresh take on things, as long as it doesn't involve a total rehaul.

The GM role here will be a highly wanted spot for someone on the up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users