Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Chiefs part ways with Dorsey

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:22 PM

sure gonna be worth  listening to Sports Talk radio today

#42 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, oh me what will we do.

#43 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

Dorsey was a good GM.  But, how much of the show was Reid running?  Probably most of it.

Still Dorsey deserves credit.  Especially for his ability to find those diamonds in the rough.

I wonder if they disagreed on Mahomes II? 

#44 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

I wonder if they disagreed on Mahomes II?

I would say more along the lines of Maclin than Myhomey.

#45 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

listening to Herm on BTL from last night. I dont like Kevin kieztman but  I do respect Herms opinion..Herm seems to think it is mostly CAP situations to make a lot of long Jibber Jabber short

• kcchief4lif likes this

#46 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

I am not down about this season at all and sticking with my 12-4. We are better than last year and went 12-4 last year.

We lost Charles, Mac and Poe. None of which made significant contributions to our 12-4 record. We added a second RB to take the pressure off of Ware, a legitimate backup QB, a run stuffing NT (huge need) and a 300 pound edge rusher. Our line is back to full strength and a year more mature. Houston looks to be healthy which was a huge loss last year. DJ is practicing already.

We still have our top our top 5 contributors to rushing yards. 4 of our top 5 contributors to receiving yards. Our top 10 in tackles.

I just can't find a reason to be down on this year's team. Maybe I am missing something.
  • Gil likes this

#47 Spfdchiefsfan

Spfdchiefsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:18 PM

I am not down about this season at all and sticking with my 12-4. We are better than last year and went 12-4 last year.

We lost Charles, Mac and Poe. None of which made significant contributions to our 12-4 record. We added a second RB to take the pressure off of Ware, a legitimate backup QB, a run stuffing NT (huge need) and a 300 pound edge rusher. Our line is back to full strength and a year more mature. Houston looks to be healthy which was a huge loss last year. DJ is practicing already.

We still have our top our top 5 contributors to rushing yards. 4 of our top 5 contributors to receiving yards. Our top 10 in tackles.

I just can't find a reason to be down on this year's team. Maybe I am missing something.

You just keep missing that nobody takes you seriously!!!  bwahahahah, just had to do it!!

• oldtimer likes this

#48 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

KK alluded to the possibility that the Locker Room had some moral issues with the way things were handled with Jmac * JC  and Berry still a bit miffed about the process to get his contract. Clark IMO is not one that can stomach LR discourse + Cap Hell . I  realize being a GM can be a thankless job and you got to be the bad guy but these guys tossed aside were just good all around guys/team players..Dorsey might of forgot about how this team is owned.. and who was the Boss and his personality/value compass.

just speculation on my part of course  with some seed of thought thrown in by KK's questions to Herm.

#49 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:29 PM

You just keep missing that nobody takes you seriously!!! bwahahahah, just had to do it!!

Damn you!
  • Spfdchiefsfan likes this

#50 Spfdchiefsfan

Spfdchiefsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:38 PM

Damn you!

Still love ya man!

#51 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

Jeff Chadia speculated it might of been more about "management styles" between  Dorsey &  Hunt and the possibility that the scuttle butt about Green Bay  might of added to something or maybe Dorsey just felt he was worth more than he was to Clark  using GB as leverage.

Chadia also mentioned that the GB GM job has many in house candidates for the job to come..like Wolf JR so its hardly a gimmie the Dorsey would be the next hire.

I always like Chadia's segments

#52 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

Question,  when Clark Hunt has to step up and hire the expensive guy,  he does it.  When Scott Pioli was hired from New England,  he was the hot guy.   Todd Haley was the hot coach when he was hired.  We got Andy Reid from about a dozen other candidates.

Usually when someone of Dorsey's stature is fired,  Hunt has someone credible waiting in the wings.   I do notthink the Dorsey firing was a spur of the moment thing.  

I guess he wanted to do it after the June practices.  Dorsey was not without his faults.  He missed on Bowe and he overpaid Houston and perhaps Berry.   This is a business.  I bet Dorsey will not be out of work very long.

But it sure does add a sour flavor to the upcoming season.

#53 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 03:59 PM

With Jmac gone, Charles gone, Poe gone, Dorsey gone, no ILB in the draft, 6 players in 10 picks, Reliance on DJ after second Achilles, no backup Z receive....I'm pretty bummed

Gonna stick your neck out and predict 8-8?   :lol:

#54 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,926 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:07 PM

What you're missing is the fact that many want to find a reason to complain.  JC hurt for two years?  All is lost by his release.  Maclin contributed little for a season and may have undisclosed issues?  Passing game is doomed by his release.  Poe less effective (except on offense)?  D-line is trash since his release.  Why can't people understand that there are wiser talent and personel evaluators with inside information that are making these decisions?    

• Gil and Chiefsfan1963 like this

#55 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

Was it a firing or just a statement that they would not renew his contract after this season? If it was the latter, I would lean towards Dorsey wanting to be free to go after GB.

It's hard to picture a "pack your stuff and get out" scenario.

#56 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

Was it a firing or just a statement that they would not renew his contract after this season? If it was the latter, I would lean towards Dorsey wanting to be free to go after GB.

It's hard to picture a "pack your stuff and get out" scenario.

but it was

#57 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

My issue is the "discontinuity" of the situation.

Chiefs extend Reid & Donovan and let Ballard walk.

Dorsey is let go 4 weeks from Camp....far from an ideal time.

It just looks like a franchise that is not in harmony.

Time will tell and I agree with DH. The sky is not falling as the roster is pretty much set for this year.

w

#58 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:40 PM

from all I got from Teicher/Chadia etc.. my best guess is that there was some sort of wall in the contract extension negotiations. ..to many maybe scenario but the ones that seem most likely to me was ..not necessarily in order

Hunt did not like Dorsey's CAP management ability..waiting till the last moment and having to over pay FA's and being in CAP HELL

Hunt didn't like the way Dorsey managed the releases of JC/JMac and may have gotten a ear full from Reid

Dorsey over evaluated his performance and tried to play Hunt using GB as his leverage

Dorsey maybe wanted an "out" encase  GB did come calling showing that he was not "all in"  on the KC job.

The Chiefs since end of season have also fired  their old CAP  Guru so that says that there was a problem and maybe Dorsey that he might of been able to offer up a sacrificial lamb  to cover his ass and hire an GB guy to replace him.

Face it ..Dorsey was not that great in the $$ dept.

He signed Bowe after a  Franchise tender tag..that was laughable..he could of signed Houston and Berry to long term deals but wiffed on that..costing 10's of millions. We had to  give up a 3rd for Jmac for tampering and having to release him for salary reasons in 3 years. He drafted and released a 3rd rnd pick before training camp. He totally fucked up the Tamba Hali deal ..costing 4 mil if memory serves..all that in less that in less than 5 years. ..I'd wager there is near 70 mil in  Cap $$ over the next few years that were needlessly spent... good talent could of been had or kept.

on the +'s he found Kelce. He drafted the CB who's name escapes me at this moment, Tyreek Hill was a great pick so far, moved up to get Mohomes which showed Balls but the result wont be known for 3-5 years.  And altho far from an Eagle Feather in the cap I'll give him picking the right LT  with the #1 pick. He has been able to  make the best out of some mediocre situations. I really dont see where is was all that better in talent finding that Pioli..just more palatable personality

Bottom line..in my mind & if it were my team..thinking that a little bit of each speculation had a bit to do with what happened and his over all GM record, the Team being set for the year so he's out of the picture.. I'd fired him too ...reluctantly.

#59 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

It certainly wasn't about money. Clark Hunt gave Pioli a ton of money to get out less than 1 year into his contract.

If they felt he was an excellent GM, he would of dug in the couch for more dollars.

#60 Handswarmer

Handswarmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

Maybe it had something to do with how Dorsey let Maclin know he was no longer a Chief.

I would take a look at Herm Edwards for our next GM, he has an eye for talent.

Bawahahahahahahahahahahaha

Some thing never change.....a Herm sighting.....LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users