Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Gettysburg..,

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MAUI

MAUI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • LocationMaui

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:37 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...s-violence.html

What the hell is the matter with people.., Gettysburg I probably the most hallowed ground in American history.., I dare any motherfucker, for whatever reason that wants to make a political statement at that sacred place to walk Little Roundtop alone at midnight, camp half way down the hill and come down in the morning and tell me what political stance you have that is that important.., Tell us what the fallen think.., Fuckin assholes.., I don't give a shit what side anybody's on, if you can't respect that place you ain't shit.., Fuckin ZERO.., This country is completely overrun with self important assholes with no apparent clue to what is really important..,

• oldtimer, West, KCTech and 5 others like this

#2 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

Great comments maui... fresh outta likes.

What is it about people that makes them spend the time to go to these places to protest.  My dad used to say those folks 'got nothing to do, and all day to do it.' 

This is what we get for handing out trophies to losers. 

The right to be heard has overtaken the right to an opinion. Absurdity.

#3 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:51 PM

The Divide is only getting deeper & I'm not seeing a solution. Its probably going t have to take an ol fashioned beat down of some sort a "Civil War" lite type of thing.

I was told the other day that the common Confederate soldier was no better than a NAZI and that all remnants of the Confederacy should be removed like the Germans have done  in regards to the 3rd Reich.

to be truthful if they were not women and family I'd probably have punched them in the throat.

That douche bag that shot them people in that Carolina Church just might of accidentally on purpose  started something

I seen the other day that there is "talk"  about removing Confederate Soldiers from their Graves to make room at Arlington. I think maybe the descendants of R.E.Lee might have something to say about that

#4 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

I hear ya OT. It all stems from the horrible education that the progressives are giving our youth. You can't blame these idiots for being ignorant... when they've been spoon-fed a bunch of garbage for 12 years of primary education, and another 4 years of secondary

If these self-righteous little teacher's pets really understood the causes and realities of the War Between the States, they would know that those boys in those Confederate graves were not slave owners. They were not fighting because they wanted to eventually own slaves, or wanted more people to own slaves

They were fighting because wealthy New England merchants who controlled congress and shipping had been taking advantage of the south for decades, keeping them poor, essentially making the agrarian south into 'slaves' for their shipping and export empires. They were fighting for many things, and slavery wasn't their rally cry, as the progressives want everyone to believe.

#5 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

I hear ya OT. It all stems from the horrible education that the progressives are giving our youth. You can't blame these idiots for being ignorant... when they've been spoon-fed a bunch of garbage for 12 years of primary education, and another 4 years of secondary

If these self-righteous little teacher's pets really understood the causes and realities of the War Between the States, they would know that those boys in those Confederate graves were not slave owners. They were not fighting because they wanted to eventually own slaves, or wanted more people to own slaves

They were fighting because wealthy New England merchants who controlled congress and shipping had been taking advantage of the south for decades, keeping them poor, essentially making the agrarian south into 'slaves' for their shipping and export empires. They were fighting for many things, and slavery wasn't their rally cry, as the progressives want everyone to believe.

I agree  that  in regards to the younger crowd you are spot on. The thing is Mex..these were 2 highly educated women, one was a teacher and another 45 ish .. no they had a good education. The 45 ish went to University of North Carolina where at the Commencement speech they referred to the  Civil War as 'The War of Northern Aggression"

In my view it is  just the inability to deal with reality. The older ones have re written History or whatever into the narrative they want to believe..

It is the same reality by the same 2 that refused to grasp that POOT having a firearm on her possession neutralized a threat from a man that just a few hrs later attacked a Cop and was killed.

Like West says..its a mental disease

but how does it get "cured"? or does it just keep festering like a cancer until it kills the host?

#6 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

no idea how to cure it. might be too late

all I can do is raise my own kids to think for themselves and not follow the liberal mantra

#7 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:16 PM

In all actuality this goes well beyond liberal or conservative. Defacing monuments for honorable soldiers that have fallen in war is first IGNORANT, then it is unforgivable. It crosses a line that should never be crossed.

No matter my feelings for the German soldier in WWII or the North Korean Soldier or the North Vietnamese communist. If you fight and die with honor....you deserve respect. If you are an American and you dishonor a fallen soldier, I got nothing for you.....you are a low life son of a bitch.

W
  • MAUI, oldtimer, KCTech and 2 others like this

#8 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

In all actuality this goes well beyond liberal or conservative. Defacing monuments for honorable soldiers that have fallen in war is first IGNORANT, then it is unforgivable. It crosses a line that should never be crossed.

No matter my feelings for the German soldier in WWII or the North Korean Soldier or the North Vietnamese communist. If you fight and die with honor....you deserve respect. If you are an American and you dishonor a fallen soldier, I got nothing for you.....you are a low life son of a bitch.

W

well stated west

can someone show me where a conservative is defacing a war memorial?

#9 Goldbrick

Goldbrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 02 July 2017 - 11:02 PM

well stated west

I've been told conservatives are pro-war, so...

#10 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:04 AM

well stated west

I'm sure OC would say southern black conservatives deface Confederate war memorials.

#11 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:19 AM

I'm sure OC would say southern black conservatives deface Confederate war memorials.

once again you would be wrong

#12 wilkie

wilkie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts
  • LocationShagri La

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:02 AM

W

Agree. This is going to sound crazy but there is a bonding brotherhood that ties people who served regardless of who they fought for. I never met an NVA troop in person but he commands my respect nonetheless. Defacing Gettysburg and tearing down CFA monuments insults us all.
  • MAUI likes this

#13 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

once again you would be wrong

Damn in a few hundred post I might catch up with you in the being wrong department.

#14 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:09 AM

gettysburg is sacred hollowed ground. my family fought there, on both sides.

fuck with that and your ass is mine.

• West likes this

#15 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:12 AM

guys to be honest the nva from vietnam, a lot of those guys are friends. we did what we did, they did what they did.

let it fucking rest..

but again horse you walkin down my country your walking on the fighting side of me.

• MAUI likes this

#16 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:15 AM

Man got nothing more to say than what west did. You wanna cross me and mine, then fuck YOU

• West likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users