Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Are the Chiefs a better team this year than last?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,204 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

If the key players for KC remain healthy and productive on defense, the Chiefs will be a tough matchup for all.

We must be able to stop the run.  We could not stop the run when we had to last year.

I think the running game will be better on offense because the O-line will be better.

Our passing game will be mediocre unless one of our WR's not named T Hill, plays much better.

w

#42 Vonschnitz

Vonschnitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

If the key players for KC remain healthy and productive on defense, the Chiefs will be a tough matchup for all.

We must be able to stop the run. We could not stop the run when we had to last year.

I think the running game will be better on offense because the O-line will be better.

Our passing game will be mediocre unless one of our WR's not named T Hill, plays much better.

w

Good summary. I think Logan will improve the run defense. March and Mauga and maybe DJ, too.

#43 kccrow

kccrow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:50 AM

Better is a relative term.

I think the Chiefs improve in the running game. Hunt is going to add that elusive, patient, Priest Holmes-like runner that the Chiefs need to offset Ware's hammerhead style.

In the passing game, I really don't think we'll see a change in production. Hill will get more targets, and I'd imagine Albert Wilson will return to getting the targets he saw in 2015. 

Defensively, I think a healthy return of Mauga and the addition of Logan really helps the rush defense. I think the Chiefs could feel the loss of Howard, especially as a guy that could slide down to the nose. They don't really have a guy that can do that otherwise. I don't really see an adequate replacement for DJ yet, but I have at least moderate faith in Wilson that the position doesn't implode.  I don't see a fall-off on D. A healthy Houston improves everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users