Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

ESPN Power Rankings

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:17 AM

so they say. I don't believe it

I don't either. I'd say the Texans. Since Peyton Manning's neck forced him out of Indianapolis, Houston has taken the AFC South four out of six years.

#22 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

so they say. I don't believe it

Well, it's not running through Indianapolis.

I'm not sure if the Texans got better beyond the fact they traded Brock. Ballard is going to need more than a single spring to undo years of terrible Grigson moves.

#23 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Well, it's not running through Indianapolis.

I'm not sure if the Texans got better beyond the fact they traded Brock. Ballard is going to need more than a single spring to undo years of terrible Grigson moves.

andrew luck is enough as long as pagano will stop being terrible

#24 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,387 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

andrew luck is enough as long as pagano will stop being terrible

And if he learns to stop holding onto the ball for so long. I don't know if it is because his receivers are not getting open or his line is that bad.

#25 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

And if he learns to stop holding onto the ball for so long. I don't know if it is because his receivers are not getting open or his line is that bad.

it is a lot of things really.  

1)  route combinations are terrible.  too many times they send everyone deep and for the life of me i don't understand how they don't adjust.   rarely do they have blitz beaters built in.  they just go max protect, send 2 wr's and hope they get open before luck gets killed.   

2)  arians had a big influence on him.  he wants to throw deep and hold the ball.  just like rapistburger did under arians.  luck doesn't check down enough

3)  the line has been bad

4)  lack of a possession wr since wayne left

5)  luck doesn't throw guys open all that well.  he is late with the ball a lot.  lets the wr clear before throwing.  

6)  pagano is a shit coach

5)  

#26 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

Luck is good, but the kid needs help. Grigson left that roster in terrible shape and wasted their best shot at another SB.

#27 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:44 PM

Luck is good, but the kid needs help. Grigson left that roster in terrible shape and wasted their best shot at another SB.

i dont know about that.

the gutted the team his first year and were in a complete rebuild.  with the early success they foolishly went all in.  and they failed badly.  i don't see that as their best shot at a super bowl at all.  it was impressive they got to the championship game if you ask me

#28 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:18 AM

They had some pieces and a large clip of cap space with him on a cheap rookie deal.

The AFC South was shit, too.

#29 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:13 AM

They had some pieces and a large clip of cap space with him on a cheap rookie deal.

The AFC South was shit, too.

winning a sb through free agency is pretty hard to do if you look at history. But yes it was possible for them due to the reasons you said.

Hopefully Ballard can get some homegrown talent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users