Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

ESPN Power Rankings

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:25 AM

We said the same thing about New England a week ago. We are every bit as good as Pit.

The Chiefs lost their best player.  Take away PIT's best and I'd agree.

#42 DefensiveMan

DefensiveMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:26 AM

..closely followed by the Raiders. The Chiefs got a lot of love after last Thursday's game, but I don't think they would beat the Steelers at a neutral site today. Maybe when they prove they can stop Bell from running wild and also show consistency on offense, that will change, but one performance in NE and now missing Berry doesn't make the Chiefs the top team. On a side note, was everyone amused by how the ESPN announcers salivated over Rivers? Acted like he was the second coming of Bart Starr.

You may be right Jet. This Chiefs team feels different. We will only know as the season progresses. I can't wait for the Pitt game.

#43 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

I disagree, they got there best back.. sorry I love Berry but houston, is the best on the chiefs roster, and having dj back aint so bad, and then on the other side, the o line starting to play together, some serious speed on the outside and kelce. Very interested to see how Kareem plays against the eagles. 

#44 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

I disagree, they got there best back.. sorry I love Berry but houston, is the best on the chiefs roster, and having dj back aint so bad, and then on the other side, the o line starting to play together, some serious speed on the outside and kelce. Very interested to see how Kareem plays against the eagles. 

An argument could be made that Houston is more valuable on defense than Berry, but I think Berry saves/wins more games.  Actually, Peters probably would be hardest to replace.  Shutting down a large area of the field to the passing game is worth a lot.  NE threw ONCE to Peters area or man.  Bottom line is that it's a team game and no one player can win single handed.  But one player's mistake can cost 7 points.

#45 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,193 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Its really hard to say who "is the biggest difference maker" on the defense.

We could not stop the run last year with Berry and DJ because we were very weak up front with a slowed down POE, No Bailey and limtied Howard.

Chiefs addressed the D-Line vs the run in a Big way this offseason.

I think a rejuvenated Justin Houston is the real difference maker.

w

#46 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:23 PM

Houston shuts down an entire side of the field in the running game. No lb is better at sealing the edge
  • West likes this

#47 dhitter

dhitter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationMiddle Tennessee

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

We said the same thing about New England a week ago. We are every bit as good as Pit.

Agree. Every year is different. I believe the Chiefs have as much talent as Pittsburgh. They just gotta learn to beat teams like that. They will get their shot later this year.

#48 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:12 PM

It's espn. Who gives a shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users