Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Season predictions

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:58 AM

Raiders defense looks pretty good. Titans have weapons.

Titans are real up/down, but it was a good early showing.

They're not going to really get a good test until they face the Chiefs on TNF.

#22 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

KC looks pretty damned dangerous

#23 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:53 AM

Some notes I had:

-OC and I debated this a lot and looks like I am right, so far at least. The Colts are a garbage team and Chuck Pagano is a HC that wants to get fired.

The smart thing by now would be to place Luck on IR and ride this storm out. Ballard would be better off landing a high slot that he can flip for a trade haul and gut that roster.

The OLine sucks, Frank Gore is old and the D is junk. I'd junk nearly the entire squad.

-Oddly enough, letting your best linemen walk is usually not smart. Ask Andy Dalton how that works.

He was afraid Sunday and this team has given up on Marvin Lewis and I don't blame him. Punting in the 4th quarter, down 3 scores and beyond the 50 is a coward move and he did it.

I think Marvin looks defeated and will quit coaching. His replacement? I think they are hoping for either Zimmer, Hue Jackson or Jay Gruden to be available. Jay Gruden firing probability is high.

-I take back what I said in the offseason about Rivers. I think he's about cooked and the Chargers are a very poorly coached squad. So stupid to pass on hiring Dave Toub.

-Belichick will get the team back on track starting this week. Lots of major concerns as a playoff squad though...might adjust predictions.

-This looks like the Steelers year. Watt abused a future HoF LT and Antonio Brown is unstoppable. This is Rapemans last year and Bell's final with the team.

This team has nothing to lose. Dangerous situation.

Watt was my favorite choice if the Chiefs passed on a QB. Watt+Houston duo would of led them to a Super Bowl berth.

-Jets are well on track for the top pick.

-Sean Payton may want to start packing up all his pills.

-Rams could be the big surprise this year. Good for them.

-Seahawks O-Line so bad that I thought they were running screens at times they weren't. Holy shit.

-Packers at Falcons is a huge game and will determine the king of the NFC.

#24 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,434 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

Some notes I had:

-OC and I debated this a lot and looks like I am right, so far at least. The Colts are a garbage team and Chuck Pagano is a HC that wants to get fired.

The smart thing by now would be to place Luck on IR and ride this storm out. Ballard would be better off landing a high slot that he can flip for a trade haul and gut that roster.

The OLine sucks, Frank Gore is old and the D is junk. I'd junk nearly the entire squad.

-Oddly enough, letting your best linemen walk is usually not smart. Ask Andy Dalton how that works.

He was afraid Sunday and this team has given up on Marvin Lewis and I don't blame him. Punting in the 4th quarter, down 3 scores and beyond the 50 is a coward move and he did it.

I think Marvin looks defeated and will quit coaching. His replacement? I think they are hoping for either Zimmer, Hue Jackson or Jay Gruden to be available. Jay Gruden firing probability is high.

-I take back what I said in the offseason about Rivers. I think he's about cooked and the Chargers are a very poorly coached squad. So stupid to pass on hiring Dave Toub.

-Belichick will get the team back on track starting this week. Lots of major concerns as a playoff squad though...might adjust predictions.

-This looks like the Steelers year. Watt abused a future HoF LT and Antonio Brown is unstoppable. This is Rapemans last year and Bell's final with the team.

This team has nothing to lose. Dangerous situation.

Watt was my favorite choice if the Chiefs passed on a QB. Watt+Houston duo would of led them to a Super Bowl berth.

-Jets are well on track for the top pick.

-Sean Payton may want to start packing up all his pills.

-Rams could be the big surprise this year. Good for them.

-Seahawks O-Line so bad that I thought they were running screens at times they weren't. Holy shit.

-Packers at Falcons is a huge game and will determine the king of the NFC.

Great post. I spit my water out reading the Seahawks part!! Lol

#25 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:56 AM

Somewhere around here I mentioned that the Jags would be improved. Keep  watching. They are in a terrible division and abused the Texans in Houston. Marone is a really good coach. They have a decent D and a running game. Not this year but if they target a QB......

#26 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

I think Marrone is a marginal coach, but yes the D is good and so is the running game.

Not sure what really happened Sunday, but the Jaguars oline isn't that good and they will struggle when teams bottle up Fournette or his annual injury comes.

You can tell that's a Tom Coughlin squad. Alex Smith makes a lot of sense there in 18.

#27 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:05 AM

So far things are looking pretty good.

Underestimated just how shitty the Colts really are a little bit and Alex is making Mahomes talk quiet for right now.

-Giants are a hot mess. They will look a little better when OBJ is 100 again, but the OLine is shit. They can't run either.
-Anthony Lynn is Herm Edwards and he is dismantling the last remants of the good Chargers era.
-Carson Palmer is shot. Look for Arians to rage quit without a great plan from Kiem.
-Andy Dalton is the most average QB. Most of that roster is garbage on Offense.
-Thank goodness we didn't choose Watson.
-Saints are gonna blow this whole thing up next year. Years wasted.
-Vikings gonna have some real issues at QB. Hard to expect Bridgewater to be the same and Bradford isn't dependable. They need to let Bradford walk and draft a new starter. Better to take a loss on a 1st, get a 3rd comp in return than to sign a bad deal.
-The Steelers have an extremely easy schedule up to the KC game. They will be well rested for it.
-New England looked like normal again. Belichick is the best at adjusting and they will be right back in it....with that said, this is probably the final year of Brady.
-Im not buying in on Denver yet.
-The Jets are really bad. Best move would be for them to keep Bowles to the end and clinch the top pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users