Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Rocky Mountain National Park

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Goldbrick

Goldbrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

How was the Bark Beetle damage..,? When I was through there a few years ago it was ugly.., Love RMNP..,

Bark beetle infestations happen about every 35-40 years.  All the dead trees they leave behind are just fuel for fire season.  Fortunately, fire season has been pretty tame this year.  Nothing like around 2010-2012 with the High Park Fire, and the Waldo Canyon Fire.  I think those rank as the two most destructive fires in Colorado history.

#22 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

Just ran through the checklist....we've been to 25 of the 59 National Parks. I think RMNP is in top 5 so far.

#23 Goldbrick

Goldbrick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:49 PM

Stayed at the haunted inn again last night.

I was dozing off, half way between asleep and awake, when my girlfriend started calling out my name. I didn't know if she was talking in her sleep, having back spasms or what. She said something was tapping her on her back. Then I felt the covers on the bed get tighter, and it felt like someone got in bed between us.

Kinda freaky.

#24 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:25 PM

Stayed at the haunted inn again last night.

I was dozing off, half way between asleep and awake, when my girlfriend started calling out my name. I didn't know if she was talking in her sleep, having back spasms or what. She said something was tapping her on her back. Then I felt the covers on the bed get tighter, and it felt like someone got in bed between us.

Kinda freaky.

yep thats pretty weird

#25 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

Me and my family do a lot of backpacking in Indian Peaks Wilderness Area. It's like RMNP only without all the people.

Agree on up fall river road and back down trail ridge road though. It's a pretty spectacular drive.

#26 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:39 PM

Me and my family do a lot of backpacking in Indian Peaks Wilderness Area. It's like RMNP only without all the people.

Agree on up fall river road and back down trail ridge road though. It's a pretty spectacular drive.

Agree about the people. I don't like people when I'm trying to enjoy the outdoors. My son and I have done a lot a of backpacking in AZ.  But now my knees sound like two bags of broken glass so my backpack was getting lighter & lighter to the point where I'm pretty much just carrying my camera now.

#27 reesebobby

reesebobby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Agree about the people. I don't like people when I'm trying to enjoy the outdoors. My son and I have done a lot a of backpacking in AZ.  But now my knees sound like two bags of broken glass so my backpack was getting lighter & lighter to the point where I'm pretty much just carrying my camera now.

You need a pack Yak.
  • oldtimer and azchief21 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users