Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

ADHD Invented by Big Pharma

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

Some of us already knew this was a hoax.... and the author is spot on... all these medicated childhood disorders are simply a way for an entire industry to prop itself up.

Experts and professionals making a comfy living creating largely unnecessary alarm among concerned parents. Invent a problem... and conveniently sell the cure. Easy way to wealth and fortune.

Ironic that this comes from a website that has bought in to the biggest hoax in history, invented by people trying to make money...  :lol:

http://econewsmedia....ma-big-profits/

#2 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

I have a nephew that was diagnosed with  Involuntary Disobedience Disorder or some such crap until he pulled a stunt on me and I nailed him to the wall and took him to the woodshed all while his parents and rest of family's jaws were on the floor..he still has that "disorder" except around me.

I'm not prepared to say that some kids maybe a bit more challenged than others and but the rampant over prescribed  ADHD crap is ludicrous..its a parenting  and teacher issue and another excuse for  someone else's failure. 

• kcchief4lif likes this

#3 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

I remember when it was called be a youngster, a boy, or just over active. I could not sit still when I was a kid, hated school, day dreamed constantly and was always getting into shit. I was lucky I didn't grow up in the time frame where people wanted to put the blame on something other than the real cause, me.

The first year I taught little league baseball I had a kid whose parents fed him ridline (sp) on a normal basis. He would show up lethargic and walked around like bad luck shleprock. I asked them if they could hold off on his meds until after we finished playing. I never once had a problem with him and his parents asked the AYA to pur him on my team the following year. Before we left Germany his parents thanked me for working with their kid and said he had improved so much. Bottom line, everyone was so quick to throw drugs down his throat that they forgot, hey he may just be a normal kid being rowdy.

I too agree there may be exceptions but I wonder if we are not just to quick on the draw for a quick solution.
  • oldtimer likes this

#4 kcchief4lif

kcchief4lif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:04 PM

I have a nephew that was diagnosed with  Involuntary Disobedience Disorder or some such crap until he pulled a stunt on me and I nailed him to the wall and took him to the woodshed all while his parents and rest of family's jaws were on the floor..he still has that "disorder" except around me.

I'm not prepared to say that some kids maybe a bit more challenged than others and but the rampant over prescribed  ADHD crap is ludicrous..its a parenting  and teacher issue and another excuse for  someone else's failure. 

I was figidity and got in trouble a bit as a grade schooler.  Thank god My mom insisted on not putting me on meds, which some teachers suggested.  Soooo glad she fought that!!  

A prescribed whipping from the principle and used as an example by my PE teacher in class one day, somehow fixed the situation!!

I actually ran into that PE teacher last year.  It was about 30 plus years ago when that happened and told him how I never forgot that.  He got a kick out of it.

#5 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

Said the same for years.

BigPharma is running out of new drugs to patent, so they create new "diseases" that we all need medicated for.

Suckers.
  • mex likes this

#6 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

Experts and professionals making a comfy living creating largely unnecessary alarm among concerned parents. Invent a problem... and conveniently sell the cure. Easy way to wealth and fortune.

Right out of the liberal playbook.  Invent a crisis, propose a solution that involves them in controlling others, get the users to pay for the solution.  Acid rain, Alar on apples, nuclear winter, global warming, global cooling, global climate change, health insurance crisis, etc.  The list is endless.  

• mex likes this

#7 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

You forgot, make the laws blurry enough that the Lawyers can have a field day.

w

#8 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

You forgot, make the laws blurry enough that the Lawyers can have a field day.

w

Ahhh, my favorite subject.  The Trial Lawyers Association.   :angry:

• West likes this

#9 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,888 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

except around me.

funny how that works