Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Trends So Far...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Adamixoye

Adamixoye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

I understand however, Hunt as a rookie, fumbled on his first carry as well.

Sample size.  We drafted Hunt, saw him in camp and preseason, and then he dominated the rest of that game.  We're seeing Butker on this team for the first time this week, and he only made 2/3 FGs, although one was clutch.

#22 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

Because Butker is a rookie and missed his first FG that could have swung the game? Again, I'm not saying it would be the right decision, it's just the decision most front offices would make.

I want him to make the rest of the field goals, but it ended up maybe helping us? They would've had to go for a touchdown or at least a third down conversion or fourth down conversion if they were down by six. But being down by three they went for the field-goal instead. Hindsight luck, maybe we would've stopped them from scoring the touchdown? And maybe we score a TD, but either way, glad we did not force them to go for the touchdown and then them getting it.

#23 Adamixoye

Adamixoye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

I want him to make the rest of the field goals, but it ended up maybe helping us? They would've had to go for a touchdown or at least a third down conversion or fourth down conversion if they were down by six. But being down by three they went for the field-goal instead. Hindsight luck, maybe we would've stop them from scoring the touchdown? And maybe we score a TD, but either way, glad we did not force them to go for the touchdown and then them getting it.

Yeah, I agree with this.  But I don't think it makes a difference re: Butker vs. Santos.

#24 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

Santos will not be back.

#25 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

So apparently a two touchdown game with over 70% completion and 7.9 yards per attempt game (San Diego) is worse than this: http://www.espn.com/...ameId=400951655

It's all about the sacks, I guess. Seriously, five interceptions and two of them being pick sixes doesn't make the rating lower? I guess because the game was never close it didn't matter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users