Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

New guys

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:20 PM

Hi, my name is, oh wait wrong group.

Chiefs fan since the arrived, youngster but still a fan. Royals fan since they arrived. Spent most of my youth at Municipal watching the As, Chiefs and then Royals. Once Harry S Truman Sports Complex (never called it the K or Arrowhead when first opened) was opened I moved in over there. Went to the first game ever played there, a preseason win against St. Louis.

System Integration Test Engineer where I spend 75% of my time working and deploying with our troops. Retired AF ROMAD, currently referred to as JTACS. Married 35 years, 2 kids, 4 grands.
  • oldtimer likes this

#22 dksww

dksww

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationCaslte Rock, Co

Posted 23 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

Hmm...not sure I want to reveal my secret identity just yet lol

#23 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:10 PM

If you are in the witness relocation program like Arrowhead, you get a pass.

#24 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:53 PM

Don't worry we won't hold it against you if your originally from Sasnak.

#25 liquidfriend

liquidfriend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:42 AM

I am 31 and I am busy in my life as a shipper and chasing around a 2 year old gitl that wants to destroy everything in sight. It's real awesome on weeks like this when my back is throbbing.

I grew up watching DT and Neil Smith and crew terrorizing Offenses and wanted to be a linebacker and hit people. Instead I was a QB and got the shit kicked out of me and gave up football when I had to get injections to just practice.

If anyone were to ask, my children would not play football.

I'm probably the most cynical poster here and really pound on the table for them to make drastic changes. While others will say otherwise forever, I don't hate Alex Smith with a passion.

I just didn't see a guy that could transcend when it mattered and win a game when the team needed it. You've got to have that in the playoffs when you're facing the best of the best.

Now that we have Mahomes, I am relieved to be done doing that for a very long time. Hopefully.

This franchise is headed in the right direcrion and fans should be excited for the future.

#26 BriLander

BriLander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:41 PM

I'm Connor MacLeod from the Clan MacLeod.  I am immortal.  In the end, there can be only one. 

For real: Brian, age 50, from south-central Missouri.

Fan of Cubs, Chiefs, and Iowa Hawkeyes. 

• gochiefsgo and bavarianq like this

#27 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:42 PM

Hey folks, my name is Larry, I too have decided to roll over from the scout board.  Ghost town over there these days...so I am excited about a new board as I have been in and out of that one for about 10 years.  I am originally from Hutchinson, Kansas...but live in Va (thus - 12go4kcinva)....u.s.navy brought me here, its home now.  But on the east coast, there really isn't much love for KC, except for the fact that everywhere I go with a jersey on I get high 5's for beating New England....great feeling by the way.  I dabble in conversation from time to time, not much on drama, but really love to get up to date info and read opinions.  Being on here is just like hanging out with a bunch of passionate kc fans (just not at Arrowhead unfortunately) and that's where I want to be!  Cheers to all on here....hope to make some tight connections and have fun with all of you.  Go KC.

#28 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:41 PM

Hey all. I’m Rory , 35. Live in a rural area southwest of Lawrence. Engaged , no offspring. Baker grad, mechanic/manager with a business degree. Grew up on the chiefs/royals/Jayhawks. When I was young, a good friend of mine (well friend’s dad but he became a friend) had season tickets dating back to the 70s. He took me to my first game and many after. In the 90s their seats were right behind the nbemch above the tunnel, next to DT’s wife. They were pretty good friends with them. The first time I saw Derrion he was sitting on my friend’s lap, so he was pretty small. We also got to eat with the players after the game in the tent where DT’s mom routinely had a feast. Got to meet many players. My favorites that I met were probably Trent Green and of course DT. Tony g was my least favorite, honestly he was an arrogant ass. Been an avid fan of the local teams since I was old enough to understand what was going on. The scout guys know me, as I’d been posting over there since something like 04.

#29 bavarianq

bavarianq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:31 PM

Welcome new guys. It seems most of you came from the scout board. I didn't know that board existed, but this kind of reminds me of a lot of us coming from the old KC Star message board years ago, when this forum started. I think you're going to enjoy this forum.

Edit: I guess I should introduce myself. In short, been a Chiefs fans since I can remember, but not really hardcore until the latter-part of the Marty-era. Grew up in KC, but  have lived elsewhere for most of my life now. Navy-veteran, and Aircraft mechanic for over twenty years, and also dabbled in the computer science industry for a few years.   

#30 Spfdchiefsfan

Spfdchiefsfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:50 PM

Spfdchiefsfan here.  I am the smartest and most handsome guy on the board.  Was originally part of the KC Star board.  I am also the resident smartass so take my responses with a grain of salt as i am more than likely just giving you shit!  Oh, and don't take Diehard seriously.  No one here does!  

;)

• KCSLC2008 likes this

#31 Evad

Evad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Hello to all, I'm Dave. 

Born in KC and lived here all my life except four years I spent in Columbia (Wilkie loves that part). I came to this discussion

site at the very beginning, have many good friends because of it, I am even blessed to have met my wife thru this board, who

also happens to be an avid Chiefs fan.  There are some great people who visit regularly.  The main man, Boss is due a great

deal of gratitude for setting it up and maintaining for all these years. 

#32 Calichief

Calichief

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:00 PM

Hello to all, I'm Dave.

Born in KC and lived here all my life except four years I spent in Columbia (Wilkie loves that part). I came to this discussion
site at the very beginning, have many good friends because of it, I am even blessed to have met my wife thru this board, who
also happens to be an avid Chiefs fan. There are some great people who visit regularly. The main man, Boss is due a great
deal of gratitude for setting it up and maintaining for all these years.

Yep. Boss is the man.
Please donate to the site even if it peanuts.
Let's keep it rolling.

#33 PhataLerror

PhataLerror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

PhataL. San Francisco exile since the 2013 off-season. I called Colin Kaepernick a "throwing runningback" when it was uncool to do so, and I think the Chiefs have one of the best quarterbacks currently in the league. I don't put stats ahead of tape, and I believe football is best played the way it is coached. I hate double-standards, and I will tell you when I see them.

#34 19NoW11

19NoW11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

im an ex 49er fan. i was pissed when alex got benched for sack or pick and so i came back to the chiefs (same thing with montana).  i live in nor cal and am 35. i go to every chiefs game in cali and the wife and i flew to kc for the first time last season. arrowhead is amazing.  the last kc forums i was on had a guy named claynuss, so i came here.

#35 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,269 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

im an ex 49er fan. i was pissed when alex got benched for sack or pick and so i came back to the chiefs (same thing with montana).  i live in nor cal and am 35. i go to every chiefs game in cali and the wife and i flew to kc for the first time last season. arrowhead is amazing.  the last kc forums i was on had a guy named claynuss, so i came here.

:lol:  Welcome and are you a Pineland survivor?  

#36 sith13

sith13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

If the QB moves anger you so much you'll probably hate being a Chiefs fan much more. We had only one promising QB in my lifetime (Mahomes) and I'm 33  :rolleyes:

#37 Lamardirts

Lamardirts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Im a transplant from the Scout board.  I'm 37 years old and grew up in Lamar Mo.  I'm a die hard Chiefs and Royals fan since the late 80's.   My family and I are Missionaries to Colombia, currently raising our support and living in Alabama.  Have two children, little girl 9 and little boy 6.   I love talking Chiefs and am excited to be part of an active board again.  Thanks for the hospitable welcome and this thread is a fun idea.  

• oldtimer likes this

#38 Gil

Gil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Welcome to the new guys! I've been around since the beginning and have met some great folks from here. I'm in Sacramento, but I get to Arrowhead once or twice a year (was at the Philly game). I also go to the game in Oakland and like to travel to some other away game (Dallas this year).

Please keep it respectful

Please donate if you can

Please ignore Wilkie

That's about it for best practices...enjoy!

• mex likes this

#39 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

Welcome to the new guys! I've been around since the beginning and have met some great folks from here. I'm in Sacramento, but I get to Arrowhead once or twice a year (was at the Philly game). I also go to the game in Oakland and like to travel to some other away game (Dallas this year).

Please keep it respectful
Please donate if you can
Please ignore Wilkie

That's about it for best practices...enjoy!

And don't take DieHard seriously, nobody does.

(I know when and how that joke started but I don't know who started that.)

#40 19NoW11

19NoW11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

am i the only planet transplant who was disgusted with the alex bashers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users