Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

New guys

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

am i the only planet transplant who was disgusted with the alex bashers?

define "Alex Bashers"

There are those on here that dont think he's good enough to win a SB regardless, there are those who think with a  Bears,Ravens type of Defense he could win a SB  there are those of us who think that we have seen his ceiling and ready to move on..but then you have Phatalerror whom we think is Alex because his never ending worship of him LOL..many will call him AA (Average Alex).  You'll have those on her that rate Alex anywhere from a C to an A QB. I dont think anyone on here does not think he's tough but when its all is said n done I think he will be thought of in the same light as Trent Green was..it took awhile  to appreciate him, then appreciated but then ready to move on.

#42 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:41 PM

define "Alex Bashers"

There are those on here that dont think he's good enough to win a SB regardless, there are those who think with a  Bears,Ravens type of Defense he could win a SB  there are those of us who think that we have seen his ceiling and ready to move on..but then you have Phatalerror whom we think is Alex because his never ending worship of him LOL..many will call him AA (Average Alex).  You'll have those on her that rate Alex anywhere from a C to an A QB. I dont think anyone on here does not think he's tough but when its all is said n done I think he will be thought of in the same light as Trent Green was..it took awhile  to appreciate him, then appreciated but then ready to move on.

I just know one thing. We've gone into every playoff game since Alex got here with a major weakness somewhere else on the roster that was exploited in those games. Some of which was created by reality that #25 and #50 were never healthy for a playoff game in this era. He doesn't need a world beater team around him lke a Dilfer type. But he does need a team that doesn't have any massive flaw somewhere as history has shown. We just have to hope we can get to January relatively healthy. 

• West and mex like this

#43 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:48 AM

All I know is in the 4 years he's been in KC the Chiefs have been in the playoffs 3 out of the 4 years. In the previous 15 years the Chiefs made the playoffs 3 times. Give credit to the D or Coach or what ever you want but you can't deny he has the best winning percentage of any Chiefs QB in the past umpteen years.
  • West likes this

#44 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:54 AM

I think he will be thought of in the same light as Trent Green was..it took awhile  to appreciate him, then appreciated but then ready to move on.

One big difference.  When Green left, the cupboard was bare.  When Alex leaves, the Chiefs have a backup plan in place along with some pretty good players at other positions.  Compare Mahomes, Hunt, Hill, Berry, and Houston with Huard, LJ, Bowe, and ?????

• mex likes this

#45 Iluvhouse24

Iluvhouse24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

I just know one thing. We've gone into every playoff game since Alex got here with a major weakness somewhere else on the roster that was exploited in those games. Some of which was created by reality that #25 and #50 were never healthy for a playoff game in this era. He doesn't need a world beater team around him lke a Dilfer type. But he does need a team that doesn't have any massive flaw somewhere as history has shown. We just have to hope we can get to January relatively healthy. 

As you can see...Mloe is one of those who would give Alex an A. Personally I'm one of the ones who would grade him out as a C. We've gone around and around about this for years now.

• Dablueguy likes this

#46 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:07 PM

As you can see...Mloe is one of those who would give Alex an A. Personally I'm one of the ones who would grade him out as a C. We've gone around and around about this for years now.

If A+ is a grade, I'd think his assessments are more like A- to B+. But if A is highest, the B+ to B is the highest I've seen Mloe's evaluations be. I read most and posted a bit in scout. I just think the those who grade him over a B look like they are giving him an A and those who give him less than a B look like they are giving them an F. Neither are accurate.

#47 DieHard

DieHard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:31 PM

And don't take DieHard seriously, nobody does.

(I know when and how that joke started but I don't know who started that.)

My wife.
  • oldtimer, West and KCSLC2008 like this

#48 gochiefsgo

gochiefsgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:32 PM

The Alex question is a very simple one. The Chiefs have been to the playoffs 4 times and are 1-3 under Reid. Alex Smith manned up against the Colts, Texans and Patriots but still lost two of those games. That Pittsburgh game. All on Alex. The model of futility. I think we even had a thread where we debated whether or not that home loss to Pittsburgh was the final straw that led to the Chiefs drafting a QB in the first round for the first time since 1983. I still think that's the reason behind that Mahomes pick.

#49 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

My wife.

Nice one

#50 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,159 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

I have watched Smith for years as a 49er QB and now as a Chief.

He is a good QB that can win a Super Bowl.

Chiefs are once again a contender and we have a roster loaded with young talent.

I would love to see KC win another SB and I think Reid will put the best QB on the field each week.

W
  • KCSLC2008 likes this

#51 Adamixoye

Adamixoye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:16 PM

Adam, 36, married 12+ years w/ 3 kids.  Coming over from the Scout board.

#52 ClarksvilleChief

ClarksvilleChief

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 01:40 PM

Dan, 43, married with 2 kids and one grandson. Retired military living in Clarksville, TN.

Born in KC then left when I joined the Army. Also a scout implant.

• oldtimer, West and mex like this

#53 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,258 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:01 PM

Dan, 43, married with 2 kids and one grandson. Retired military living in Clarksville, TN.

Born in KC then left when I joined the Army. Also a scout implant.

101st guy? lots of Vets on here

#54 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

If A+ is a grade, I'd think his assessments are more like A- to B+. But if A is highest, the B+ to B is the highest I've seen Mloe's evaluations be. I read most and posted a bit in scout. I just think the those who grade him over a B look like they are giving him an A and those who give him less than a B look like they are giving them an F. Neither are accurate.

What drives me crazy is when people say we have a bad QB (which is plain dumb). And perhaps my debates with House makes me look like I'm over the top in my grade of Alex. Overall I think Alex is actually a solid B that plays more to C than he does to A. Rarely plays below a C though. He's got a tough task tonight with banged up oline. Not sure how Andy will navigate this one. 

#55 xen

xen

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

What drives me crazy is when people say we have a bad QB (which is plain dumb). And perhaps my debates with House makes me look like I'm over the top in my grade of Alex. Overall I think Alex is actually a solid B that plays more to C than he does to A. Rarely plays below a C though. He's got a tough task tonight with banged up oline. Not sure how Andy will navigate this one.

It will be fine. Andy has lots of experience scheming around the oline.

Agree on Alex. And i like to win. There will come a time when they can't keep Mahomes off the field, but right now is Alex's time. If the playoffs go downhill again all bets are off though. KC has as good of a roster as any team in the NFL this year. They all have issues. We have less issues than most.

#56 VIChiefsFan

VIChiefsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:48 AM

Hi All,
I was on the Star board way back and moved to the Scout board in '09. It looks like lots of the guys are coming here so I am coming to give it a try too. The VI stands for Vancouver Island where I live. I've been a Chiefs fan since 89/90 thanks to DT and Okoye.
  • oldtimer and mex like this

#57 PAChiefsFan79

PAChiefsFan79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:31 AM

I'm 38 years old with 2 kids. I have a boy and girl, 10 and 8 respectively. Married for 8 years? Lol. Don't tell my wife. Fan since DT days. I'm a runner, and by runner I mean I'm not right in the head and run marathons. I've worked in mental health, human services, drug and alcohol, and currently work to help people transition from nursing homes while contracted with a big health insurance company in PA with a goal to help people make better health choices. Vague description but it means so many different things to make good health choices.

Hope this place becomes home. I don't post nearly as much as I used too, but between kids sports, my wife, and my passion of running I only have time to work. [Insert sad face]
  • robgar likes this

#58 ChiefsFoolFan

ChiefsFoolFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 03 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

Hi All,
I was on the Star board way back and moved to the Scout board in '09. It looks like lots of the guys are coming here so I am coming to give it a try too. The VI stands for Vancouver Island where I live. I've been a Chiefs fan since 89/90 thanks to DT and Okoye.

What part of Vancouver Island are you on?  I've sailed into Victoria, hung out in Cordova Bay and in Sidney.  You are in one of my favorite parts of the world. 

My dad lives in Seattle and I've also sailed in the San Juan Islands close by.

By the way, my name is Jason.  I am a 42 year old tax attorney. I am married with 3 kids and live in KC.  Really glad to be back in an active Chiefs board.

• robgar likes this

#59 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:52 AM

Alex is playing at an MVP type level by the way. We haven't had a QB playing this well in a long time. Probably not sustainable but we will see.

#60 VIChiefsFan

VIChiefsFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:40 AM

What part of Vancouver Island are you on? I've sailed into Victoria, hung out in Cordova Bay and in Sidney. You are in one of my favorite parts of the world.

My dad lives in Seattle and I've also sailed in the San Juan Islands close by.

By the way, my name is Jason. I am a 42 year old tax attorney. I am married with 3 kids and live in KC. Really glad to be back in an active Chiefs board.

I live in Nanaimo, about an hour and a half drive north of Victoria. It is a great part of the world to live. I can't wait for the Chiefs to come to Seattle next year; they only make it once every 8 years. I will definitely be going.

So far this board seems pretty good.
  • ChiefsFoolFan likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users