Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

1st Archery

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:40 AM

This one was opening day... my guy made a perfect shot... bull fell within 25 yards

This was day 3... not a great pic because it was taken after sunset but nice bull nonetheless

Sitting at a tank on day 2... bull came in to cool his balls

anyone interested in a future hunt let me know... they aren't cheap but they aren't nearly as expensive as other fully-outfitted hunts. a great time making lifelong friends is guaranteed

http://www.huntuso.com/

#2 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

Here's another vid of a bull we opted not to take... he was missing his left G3. If you listen you can hear another bull about 80 yds out hollerin'... then you hear him answer

another hunter in our camp ended up taking this bull a few days later

#3 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:10 AM

Mex those links seem to be broken and you know I like pictures.

#4 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:27 AM

damn. it's google photos... I have absolutely no experience in this and since photobucket started charging, I figured this would work. Do you have any suggestions?

#5 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:30 AM

damn. it's google photos... I have absolutely no experience in this and since photobucket started charging, I figured this would work. Do you have any suggestions?

Under my profile, I upload photos to "My Gallery" Then attach through there.

#6 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:36 AM

Mex, during the hunting off-season you should take photogs on a guided wildlife photo hunt.

#7 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

Under my profile, I upload photos to "My Gallery" Then attach through there.

I think the files are too big.  I'll figure something out...

#8 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

try 'em now

#9 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:09 PM

vids are a no go but my pics came out fine..nice Bulls for sure. I'm supposn  you all had to drag that one out of a wallow? Yea I looked that group up a few times. I think I'd have to be given the long face by the Dr's before asking POOT if I could spend that kind of $$ now or a rich unknown relative die. I wouldn't of gave up our times together for anything  but IF I were to go at it again I think a Prestigious Outfitter would be the way I'd do it. I'm not 100% sure the GWB would make it but I'd give it a go.

#10 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Yep it ain't cheap but for 7k or so, you're pretty much guaranteed a great hunt... that's the beauty of hunting on a ranch... no pressure, no traffic, and lots of acreage. Should be 10 for 10 on my archery guys over the last few years... but this season one of my hunters got buck fever and missed three shots on three different bulls. Surprising too because he was pounding them into the target at 55 yds. He was an experienced whitetail hunter... killed quite a few Texas deer. One morning we were running and gunning and put the sneak on a nice bull... got him to 38 yds broadside slightly quartered away... perfect setup. Nicked him in the brisket hair... the dark fur. From the crease that's a 20" miss. Shot high over a nice 5x another time, and last day of the hunt had a 6x5 come in to his blind and the arrow ricocheted off the front elbow. Dude had some bad shakes I guess. Cutting hide's a little different than cutting paper.  :P

You should be able to see those vids...

oh yeah that bull fell in the water... had to drag him out lol

#11 oldtimer

oldtimer

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:34 PM

post up the youtube URL?. I had to switch over to  Chrome..not sure I like it but Firefox is too unstable

muzak vids come up ..confusing

#12 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,436 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

post up the youtube URL?. I had to switch over to  Chrome..not sure I like it but Firefox is too unstable

muzak vids come up ..confusing

https://youtu.be/CPDDo9OmoiU

#13 robgar

robgar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

Awesome
Mex

0 user(s) are reading this topic