Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

our national anthem

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:39 PM

Colin Kaepernick started protesting police brutality and the inequality that people of color in the United States face in August of 2016. New York Times.

The players are simply protesting systemic oppression against people of color, police brutality, and the criminal justice system. SB Nation

"I've been very clear from the beginning that I'm against systematic oppression," he told CSN Chicago. "Police violence is just one of the symptoms of that oppression. CNN

Last season the NFL world was shocked by then San Francisco 49ers player Colin Kaepernick’s peaceful protest against police brutality. Forbes

When Colin Kaepernick, the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback, first made headlines last year by sitting during the national anthem, he made his motive clear: He was protesting racial injustice in America, especially the police killings of black people, an issue that began drawing increased national attention afterthe death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. in 2014. New York Times

#22 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:10 PM

Anyone here think these protests will change things?

nope

it's an empty gesture designed to make people think 'we care'.

like putting a yellow ribbon on your car

there will always be racism as long as there is fear in the hearts of men

from a political perspective, there will always be racism because politicians thrive on division, and will fan its flames while acting like they really care

laughing all the way to the bank

#23 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:41 AM

nope

it's an empty gesture designed to make people think 'we care'.

like putting a yellow ribbon on your car

there will always be racism as long as there is fear in the hearts of men

from a political perspective, there will always be racism because politicians thrive on division, and will fan its flames while acting like they really care

laughing all the way to the bank

Sounds like Trump. These protests are getting a monstrous amount of attention. Maybe something will change, but I agree, it won't erase racism. People can't suddenly change.

Perhaps it's time for a prophet to arise.

#24 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:46 AM

Sounds like Trump. These protests are getting a monstrous amount of attention. Maybe something will change, but I agree, it won't erase racism. People can't suddenly change.

Perhaps it's time for a prophet to arise.

This f'ing mentality is so pathetic ^^^ And I mean that with the least amount of offense I can dude, but get real.

Why is this ONLY a white issue?  Did you know, and this is rooted in simple mathematics, that a black person is MORE likely to be shot by a black or Hispanic officer, than a white officer?  Are THOSE officers "racists" who need to "suddenly change" as well?  Is black culture responsible for any of the perpetuated racial division in the USA? 

The ONLY thing these protests are going to accomplish is to piss off more and more people who work for a living and will get annoyed enough to stop spending that hard-earned and heavily-taxed income on sporting events.  That's it, that's all.  It will only result in making more Americans mad and pushing more people towards that Trump guy you hate so much.  By the way, if you believe for one second Trump doesn't already know this, you haven't been paying attention.  He uses Twitter as a weapon of political coercion.  Those Tweets were made for a very specific purpose, and you guys, as always, are falling for it.

#25 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:22 AM

So if white people get fed up with black protesters at football games where the majority of the players are minority, are they racist?

#26 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:55 AM

This f'ing mentality is so pathetic ^^^ And I mean that with the least amount of offense I can dude, but get real.

Why is this ONLY a white issue? Did you know, and this is rooted in simple mathematics, that a black person is MORE likely to be shot by a black or Hispanic officer, than a white officer? Are THOSE officers "racists" who need to "suddenly change" as well? Is black culture responsible for any of the perpetuated racial division in the USA?

The ONLY thing these protests are going to accomplish is to piss off more and more people who work for a living and will get annoyed enough to stop spending that hard-earned and heavily-taxed income on sporting events. That's it, that's all. It will only result in making more Americans mad and pushing more people towards that Trump guy you hate so much. By the way, if you believe for one second Trump doesn't already know this, you haven't been paying attention. He uses Twitter as a weapon of political coercion. Those Tweets were made for a very specific purpose, and you guys, as always, are falling for it.

well, least we know you aren't the prophet. LoL

Trump calling peaceful protesters sons of bitches while not condeming neo-nazis in the same manner is a standard, obvious, evil position for a man with the highest honor. Anyways, the protests erupted after his estrange rhetoric display in the eyes of many. What possible benefit has this created? Your savage post is a great example of donkeys like you defending this man. Keep it up, Im sure you'll find the light eventually.

#27 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:19 AM

It's probably better he fueled such a conflict. This way we can address the issue and get it taken care of ASAP & end the kneeling. I'm confident the people will prevail. The president can try all he wants to divide and subject, even though it'z the complete opposite of his job requirement. I feel for him, to be voted into a job you're completely unqualified and fit to hold and you're stuck becAuse there's no quitting or firing. Oh well, that's life for yah LoL things happen when you least expect them

#28 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:33 AM

Btw it's not a democrat or republican thing. No reason to be mad. In the long run this is probably a good thing. He could be uniting the country in his own sick way, which works for me. As long as he gets the ultimate job done of protecting the American people & minimizing conflicts, we're golden. Can then focus on other issues such as legiti decisions to help people gross their earnings

#29 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

So if white people get fed up with black protesters at football games where the majority of the players are minority, are they racist?

not all of them. Of course not. But I bet you would find a good amount that are

#30 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

[quote name="BroncoStud" post="107112" timestamp="1506829615"]

Why is this ONLY a white issue? Did you know, and this is rooted in simple mathematics, that a black person is MORE likely to be shot by a black or Hispanic officer, than a white officer? Are THOSE officers "racists" who need to "suddenly change" as well? Is black culture responsible for any of the perpetuated racial division in the USA?

The ONLY thing these protests are going to accomplish is to piss off more and more people who work for a living and will get annoyed enough to stop spending that hard-earned and heavily-taxed income on sporting events. That's it, that's all. It will only result in making more Americans mad and pushing more people towards that Trump guy you hate so much. By the way, if you believe for one second Trump doesn't already know this, you haven't been paying attention. He uses Twitter as a weapon of political coercion. Those Tweets were made for a very specific purpose, and you guys, as always, are falling for it.[/quote

I respect their right to kneel but it's time they turn this into a tangible productive discussion that doesn't it include annoying their entire fan base. There's a point of diminishing return and its there in my opinion. After they actually got a big bump in favorable public opinion last week (anti Tdump effect). Reality about police is that there is a small group of guys of all colors who are corrupt and abuse their power. You would think the legit police put there would favor a good discussion on how to legitimately weed these people out. Do that and it would solve a lot in my opinion.

#31 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:14 PM

PSA "Treated Differently" The bar for everyone is set at a very young age. Use your manners, be respectful to yourself and others always, take pride in the road you travel and the dreams you chase. Go to school, study, read, get great grades...all have the same opportunity to do this from day 1 until graduation. If you choose not to do this..you have made the choice to get treated differently. There are black, white, hispanic, Indian, and Asian Harvard grads who walked out with a 4.0 gpa and higher, that CHOSE to be treated differently. If you rob a store, hit a cop, attempt to take his gun..you WILL be treated differently than the law abiding citizen who legally buys a bag of chips and is never confronted by a police officer at all. The person who goes to college will be treated differently than the person walking the streets doing nothing with their lives, regardless of sex, race, religion. So in my opinion..if people are kneeling during the national anthem because people get treated differently, and everyone has a choice as to how they are treated..then in my opinion it is hypocrisy. Each have the freedom to go as far as they want..ask Obama, Oprah, Trump, Bill Gates,..their successes were not handed to them..they worked for it. It was their choice..just like everyone else who has a choice to be treated differently. And parents..if you don't push your kids to excel in school..as a productive and law abiding citizen in this country...then YOU have chosen for your children to be treated differently. Kneeling for the national anthem will not reverse the choices you've made for yourself.
  • West likes this

#32 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

well, least we know you aren't the prophet. LoL

Trump calling peaceful protesters sons of bitches while not condeming neo-nazis in the same manner is a standard, obvious, evil position for a man with the highest honor. Anyways, the protests erupted after his estrange rhetoric display in the eyes of many. What possible benefit has this created? Your savage post is a great example of donkeys like you defending this man. Keep it up, Im sure you'll find the light eventually.

He did condemn "Nazis", how in the world did you miss the memo?  He condemned all of those fringe jackoffs.  The mainstream media wanted him to target whites.  He's too shrewd for that, he targeted all of them.  He isn't playing the game that you guys want him to and it pisses you off, good for him. 

By the way, Kaepernick, the good Communist who idolizes Che, the "revolutionary" who tortured homosexuals, raped women, and killed dissenters publicly, was "protesting" racial injustice long before Trump was POTUS.

Should whites be protesting the FACT that they are 4 times more likely to be the victims of black violence than blacks are to white violence?  I'm just curious how liberals view equitable protesting...  The media loves the division and they will support a minority who feels victimized all day long, but if one just applies basic logic then your narrative vanishes, it's simple.

#33 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

Btw it's not a democrat or republican thing. No reason to be mad. In the long run this is probably a good thing. He could be uniting the country in his own sick way, which works for me. As long as he gets the ultimate job done of protecting the American people & minimizing conflicts, we're golden. Can then focus on other issues such as legiti decisions to help people gross their earnings

Actually it's just a Democrat thing.  For DECADES they used racial division to rally their voter base.  The internet has pretty much made this a moot point now and it's backfiring.  It is absolutely a Democrat thing, they exist only due to identity politics.  That's it, that's all.

#34 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:44 PM

Yes, people with his mindset believe that wholly.

#35 omahacolt

omahacolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

He did condemn "Nazis", how in the world did you miss the memo?  He condemned all of those fringe jackoffs.  The mainstream media wanted him to target whites.  He's too shrewd for that, he targeted all of them.  He isn't playing the game that you guys want him to and it pisses you off, good for him. 

By the way, Kaepernick, the good Communist who idolizes Che, the "revolutionary" who tortured homosexuals, raped women, and killed dissenters publicly, was "protesting" racial injustice long before Trump was POTUS.

Should whites be protesting the FACT that they are 4 times more likely to be the victims of black violence than blacks are to white violence?  I'm just curious how liberals view equitable protesting...  The media loves the division and they will support a minority who feels victimized all day long, but if one just applies basic logic then your narrative vanishes, it's simple.

nazi protesters = good guys

black protesters = sons of bitches

that is how normal people see trump because that is what he said.  

do you subscribe to a white supremacist weekly with all that garbage?  poor poor white dudes just can't catch a break.  talk about triggered. black dudes protesting against police brutality and white dudes just lose their shit.  

#36 12go4kcinva

12go4kcinva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

This subject seems to black/white. Here's a curveball....latinos in CA/Arizona, etc...burn the u.s. flag because people who ILLEGALLY entered this country could be forced to leave. These people feel it is an injustice? They feel they are treated differently How so? So many in here are skirting the issue...get down to brass tacks..if it is illegal..law enforcement is called into action. Right is right..wrong is wrong. White or black, Timothy McVeigh or Michael Brown, if you break the law, justice will be served. If you break the law and justice is served..why kneel for the national anthem? I don't remember seeing white people pissed off when Timothy McVeigh or Jeffrey Dahmer were brought to justice. Trust me, our world is better off without the McVeighs, Dahmers, Browns or Trayvon Martin's...

#37 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

Then why worry about what he says?

What makes me laugh is all the idiots who felt he disrespected them. He referred to those who kneel down and disrespect yhe flag and National Anthem as SOBs, not everyone. Yet the narrow minded took it as all of the NFL players were SOBs.

How many times did Hussein attack law enforcement officers in his tenure? Was he talking about all of them? What about when people talk poorly about a military action, are they talking about all military members? What if every time law enforcement was verbally attacked they protested and didn't do their jobs to the best of their ability, same for the military.

Some of you really need to listen to exactly what is said versus what you think you heard or wanted to hear. I agree, you disrespect our flag, National Anthem or our country then you are a son of a bitch and I will tell you the same thing face to face.

You totally missed the point and cherry picked what you wanted to quote. I listened to every word Trump said about POWs. You should. I'm just surprised it took you until the third line until you dragged Obama in to it.

#38 Chiefsfan1963

Chiefsfan1963

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:52 PM

You totally missed the point and cherry picked what you wanted to quote. I listened to every word Trump said about POWs. You should. I'm just surprised it took you until the third line until you dragged Obama in to it.

Did I ever once say anything about POWs? Or his comments about ONE if them who just so happens to be the BIGGEST RHINO of the group. Who is cherry picking now?

As far as Hussein goes, he did start or at least perpetuated the race issue. How Presidents have came out and pitted Blacks against Whites, in recent history, before the lefties Messiah? If I had a son he would be like Travon or those cops acted foolish, both instances he was defending blacks who were in the wrong. Sending the DOJ to places like St. Louis and Baltimore again the people his administration was defending were in the wrong.

#39 azchief21

azchief21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:11 PM

Did I ever once say anything about POWs? Or his comments about ONE if them who just so happens to be the BIGGEST RHINO of the group. Who is cherry picking now?

As far as Hussein goes, he did start or at least perpetuated the race issue. How Presidents have came out and pitted Blacks against Whites, in recent history, before the lefties Messiah? If I had a son he would be like Travon or those cops acted foolish, both instances he was defending blacks who were in the wrong. Sending the DOJ to places like St. Louis and Baltimore again the people his administration was defending were in the wrong.

Who gives a damn about McCain's politics? I live in AZ and haven't voted for him in 10-12 years. He's a  guy that fought and was captured in war. Here's what he said because you like to gloss over facts and get to Obama: “He’s not a war hero,” said Trump. “He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.”

He said I like PEOPLE who weren't caught not just one single Rino. People is plural. It's cherry season. So go ahead and quickly babble some excuse then get back to some more of Obama

#40 West

West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,190 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

I just played in a 3:3 BBall tournament.

Nobody gave a fuck about this shit.

We all just wished we were younger and we were not so sore everyday.

I left this whole argument a long time ago because it's stupid.

People are people and it's about how you get along with people.

It has nothing to do with Trump or Obama.

Respect your neighbor, treat people right and quit all the whining ....

Or go do something about it.

W

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users