Welcome to our forums!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo

Political stuff

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 moons314

moons314

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:02 AM

Is this ruining the nfl for anyone else? During the games cameras are looking for protesters. I come home from work tonight to watch Inside The NFL and the first twenty minutes is about this crap. Yes, I do have a political opinion, but I’m not gonna share it. Sports are supposed to be an escape from the day to day, the seriousness of life. I watch these for the love of the game and for the disconnect from the news cycle. Yes , I get the first amendment rights, but is it really so difficult to leave your politics at home and just play the game? It’s not about being on one side or the other, it’s about letting the game be the focus. If it gets much worse I’m probably gonna start tuning out. It’s just too much. Anyone else have similar feelings?
  • West, jetlord and BroncoStud like this

#2 mex

mex

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:16 AM

Since this isn't Chiefs related, and more of an NFL post, gonna move this to the Locker Room. I'll leave the link in CTO for a little while. 

BTW I agree completely. I like football as an escape from day to day bullshit... we get enough of that in the news all day long... don't need it in our entertainment

#3 jetlord

jetlord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,561 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

Blame the media, especially ESPN.  They have turned a stupid move by Kap into a movement that half the participants don't even understand.  They're just going along with the crowd and their teammates.  

• Nibiru likes this

#4 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:33 AM

Is this ruining the nfl for anyone else? During the games cameras are looking for protesters. I come home from work tonight to watch Inside The NFL and the first twenty minutes is about this crap. Yes, I do have a political opinion, but I’m not gonna share it. Sports are supposed to be an escape from the day to day, the seriousness of life. I watch these for the love of the game and for the disconnect from the news cycle. Yes , I get the first amendment rights, but is it really so difficult to leave your politics at home and just play the game? It’s not about being on one side or the other, it’s about letting the game be the focus. If it gets much worse I’m probably gonna start tuning out. It’s just too much. Anyone else have similar feelings?

Thought the same thing today. I couldn't care less about the kneeling, but I'm sick of seeing and hearing about it every time anything to do with the NFL comes on. I always listen to Mitch Holthus spot on Sportsradio 810 on Wednesdays because he does a phenomenal matchup breakdown after extensive watching of film. Today though it was almost all about this sideshow. It's incredibly tiresome. The league has to do something because the media will never let it go.

#5 Mloe68

Mloe68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:34 AM

Blame the media, especially ESPN. They have turned a stupid move by Kap into a movement that half the participants don't even understand. They're just going along with the crowd and their teammates.

Donald Trump is the biggest culprit with his stupid tweet war. He made things far worse.
  • omahacolt and Dablueguy like this

#6 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:38 AM

I think that one thing that is very telling other than the general ignorance of the masses is that a lot of people think the issue is supporting the troops, military support, etc. People automatically think about veterans when they see the flag and they think that they're opposing something to do with the military. That's a design flaw.

No one opposes America, though many should appreciate what they have here more and who helped us have it. If the medium were not flawed, you would not see so many people opposing the idea of race relations improving.

If the media didn't push this, it would have died awhile ago and it would still be true that we have things to fix. That message could still be addressed, but how without pomp and circumstance, controversy, etc.? Apathy or looking elsewhere is inevitable. Divisiveness even by those who want unity but try to achieve it by the controversial means (how else? I don't know.). Or by those who don't want unity but hate/distrust police.

But even the message that there's racism in America is "ok, and?" Everyone be aware! Or a sign of unity... "ok, and?" That people in authority abuse it and may be trained biasedly on fear... "ok, and?"

All this stupid awareness stuff is BS. Help directly in the community. Be kind to your neighbors and respect strangers. Everything else seems divisive and/or political. I want unity, I want no racism (even racism against the majority), but I also want to see sports at the top of ESPN instead of race relations stuff (avoiding saying politics because unity and respect transcends politics... or it should).
  • mex likes this

#7 KCSLC2008

KCSLC2008

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:46 AM

Blame the media, especially ESPN. They have turned a stupid move by Kap into a movement that half the participants don't even understand. They're just going along with the crowd and their teammates.

The media is the biggest problem with this. For example, the headlines after Smith addressed were that he called out or ripped Donald Trump. That he criticized the President. People's comments were how he should stick to sports and stay away from politics. But if you actually read what he said, he started out by saying that he doesn't like to talk about these things because basically he's just an athlete. That the comments were alarming and that he was thinking about it in regards to the organization and his teammates. He then did say that Trump spent more criticism on the NFL players than violent people, but that was one sentence.

#8 Iluvhouse24

Iluvhouse24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

Donald Trump is the biggest culprit with his stupid tweet war. He made things far worse.

Seriously almost a year in and I still cannot wrap my head around the fact this guy is our president. Big thanks to all the mouth breathing hicks in knuckle dragger America that put him in this seat. These people are so happy not to have a black man or a woman calling shots that they gobble up everything this imbecile spouts.

Same morons who do not know that Puerto Ricans are our fellow citizens. It's not like Trump is saying anything about it. That piece of shit. He's too busy talking about NFL ratings, and owners firing players. I have severed ties with long time friends over this and damn near with a few family members.

• omahacolt and Dablueguy like this

#9 Iluvhouse24

Iluvhouse24

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:34 AM

And where's your ugly ass KU avatar? Your profile looks naked without it.

#10 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:38 AM

I am tired of everything being blamed on the media doing their job

Trumpsy is the one that drew attention to this
I didn't see anyone outraged about it before
The media provides a checks and balances system
They are just doing their job
  • Dablueguy likes this

#11 chiefmanZada

chiefmanZada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:56 AM

It was only a matter of time. Just gonna ignore it for now

#12 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:00 AM

I am tired of everything being blamed on the media doing their job

Trumpsy is the one that drew attention to this
I didn't see anyone outraged about it before
The media provides a checks and balances system
They are just doing their job

Horseshit.

#13 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

What is horse shit about it

I am not aware of any law that forces you to be exposed to the media
You make that choice
Just because you don't like it does not make reporting the news wrong

#14 Nibiru

Nibiru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

Donny Trump was a USFL owner that way denied ownership of the Buffalo Bills
He is an abscess on the butt of society that is bitter at the NFL rightfully rejecting him
Through in racist bigot and Nazi and you have your trouble maker

#15 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:50 AM

What is horse shit about it

I am not aware of any law that forces you to be exposed to the media
You make that choice
Just because you don't like it does not make reporting the news wrong

When they report unbiased news, let me know.

#16 Biggjliv4

Biggjliv4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:51 AM

I watch football because I love the game and am looking to be entertained. If I wanted politics I'll turn on the news or the 95% of the shows and movies that have been politicized now. Sports is to be pure, the one outlet we all come together regardless of race, gender, and religion and unify around our team and community we love.

Once the protests began its over for me now. To protest during the time set asside to honir our flag, anthem, and military crosses a line. Our nation isn't perfect, but we continue to grow and try to correct the stains of our past.

These players can protest on their own time 24/7 year round minus those 4 hours of work time aka game time. They have social media, foundstions, and public forums they can do just like we do. I can't protest and be political during my work day and have rules to abide by. They need to find their own time to make things known and do their job and only their job the moment they walk out thar tunnel.

It's about the game at that point, that's why we watch. Corrupt it like this and I and much of America is out as we can see ratings continue to drop.

#17 Dablueguy

Dablueguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:06 AM

It was pretty much a non event, with only a handful of players kneeling, or riding bikes, or whatever.   Then our Idiot POTUS thought it wise at one of his Fascist rallies to stir up his cult, to get their minds off all of his failures and scandals.  

This is 100% his fault.   The media would be irresponsible to not report it.   If anyone is sick of it, hopefully they are sick of him, and will do something about it electorally when they can, or urge their representatives to do something about it before that.  

#18 Semo

Semo

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:14 AM

It was pretty much a non event, with only a handful of players kneeling, or riding bikes, or whatever. Then our Idiot POTUS thought it wise at one of his Fascist rallies to stir up his cult, to get their minds off all of his failures and scandals.
This is 100% his fault. The media would be irresponsible to not report it. If anyone is sick of it, hopefully they are sick of him, and will do something about it electorally when they can, or urge their representatives to do something about it before that.

I get your username now.

#19 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:32 PM

Yes.  I think most of us just want politics to be removed from our sports.  Really, the same can be applied to movies/tv shows as well.  Why not just get entertain us, as they are paid handsomely to do, and keep their moronic political views to themselves...

#20 BroncoStud

BroncoStud

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

It was pretty much a non event, with only a handful of players kneeling, or riding bikes, or whatever.   Then our Idiot POTUS thought it wise at one of his Fascist rallies to stir up his cult, to get their minds off all of his failures and scandals.  

This is 100% his fault.   The media would be irresponsible to not report it.   If anyone is sick of it, hopefully they are sick of him, and will do something about it electorally when they can, or urge their representatives to do something about it before that.  

This shit was going on for a good year before Trump was even elected.  A bust of Kaepernick is now in the Smithsonian FFS...  Trump has nothing to do with this.  I'm glad he called them out for it, but calling for people to be fired is a bit of stretch. 

• moons314 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users